Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Forget Smith.....heres the real problem!

[quote user="Mange Tout"]You''ll be thanking him when half a dozen or so clubs around us sink into administration.[/quote]I wont but if you''re happy to blindly follow the board into division three with club debts in excess of £20,000,000 and still believe that''s indicative of them doing their job well then don''t let anything I say stop you.

[quote user="ridgeman"]I have said it for some time now that this is the man charged with the hands on running of the football club and the buck stops with him. He thinks we are a well run club well the treatment of Huckerby, Lappin, Cureton, Martin and Spillane are contradictory to that, we are a shambles both on and off the pitch.[/quote]What are you on about. Huck''s leaving was handled badly no doubt, but on his wages many thought it was reasonable to let him go. Lappin has been viewed as not up to the standard required by more than one manager, but he''s happy to stay here on his over-inflated wages (rather sit on his arse than take a pay cut). Cureton was put out to loan in an attempt to get him scoring again (he''s still not really good enough, even though he''s had numerous appearances). Martin and Spillane? In what way have they been treated badly?

[quote user="Strangers All"]A Wizard leading a Witch Hunt...[/quote]

Try as you may SA, deflecting your attacks on to me, won''t alter the truth and spin of Doomy''s own words![:|]

[quote user="Grim Roeder"]

Just a fleeting thought,

this season are we counting all the redundancy payments made courtesy of the Roeders cull of non playing staff?

I dunno it''s just a thought?

[/quote]

As most of them were replaced(like for like) it would not have been redundancy. So even more expensive!!

Good thought. How much has Roeder and crew cost to get rid of, is that also playing budget.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Grim Roeder"]

Just a fleeting thought,

this season are we counting all the redundancy payments made courtesy of the Roeders cull of non playing staff?

[/quote]

As most of them were replaced(like for like) it would not have been redundancy. So even more expensive!!

Good thought. How much has Roeder and crew cost to get rid of, is that also playing budget.

[/quote]

Good question Butler..........but I doubt you''ll ever know an answer to it.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Grim Roeder"]

Just a fleeting thought,

[/quote]

[/quote]Depends in what context the question is!Did it cost much to get rid of Mr Roeder and his backroom staff? - No not much at all.Was the fact that Mr Roeder and his backroom staff had to be paid off one of the reasons why we have such a high playing budget? - Yes, that cost us a fortune.You see - I''m getting the hang of it already[:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED26%20Feb%202009%2008%3A28%3A09%3A867

I actually despise this man more than Smith now![:@]

[/quote]

What is there to hate in this article Wiz? Would you rather he had said we are close to going into administration? What do you think about our player budget? Do you think if it was spent more wisely it would be enough to challenge at the other end of the table or do you think the club are a load of skinflints?

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Grim Roeder"]

Just a fleeting thought,

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good question Butler..........but I doubt you''ll ever know an answer to it.

[/quote]

Won''t the details be published in the accounts?

“Part of our responsibility to supporters is to run things in a long-term sustainable way, and that means not taking undue high risk options, the likes of which have landed a number of clubs into very serious hot water" [:D][:D][:D][:@]

But all that means is we will end up in League One or Two in the same precarious state.

Go boil your own head, Doomcaster. Let someobdy else have your job who has a bit of ambition and bottle!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED26%20Feb%202009%2008%3A28%3A09%3A867

[/quote]

What is there to hate in this article Wiz? Would you rather he had said we are close to going into administration? What do you think about our player budget? Do you think if it was spent more wisely it would be enough to challenge at the other end of the table or do you think the club are a load of skinflints?

[/quote]

Don''t be silly Nutty, the old duffer (First Whinger) doesn''t want to answer questions like that.

He''s got his post count to get up.

What will tomorrows gripe be?

It''s like playing an CD only to find all of the tracks are the same.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t be silly Nutty, the old duffer (First Whinger) doesn''t want to answer questions like that.

He''s got his post count to get up.

What will tomorrows gripe be?

It''s like playing an CD only to find all of the tracks are the same.

[/quote]

Idiot!

I''ve only just seen Nuttys reply, what I hate about Doonny is he''s selective and economical with the truth, he conviently leaves out the payment to agents and ignores the reasons why other ''smaller teams then us strive for the playoffs.

Wiz is right. I suspect that in the end he is more guilty of the mess we are in than Smith and Jones.

He''s prudent but shows no ambition and ultimately we will end up in League One or worse as a result.

How come teams like Doncaster, Blackpool, Plymouth etc are above us when their crowds are half of ours and they have no star players!

Doomcaster is in control of a club that under achieves time and again ..and as he is CE he should take ultimate responsibity....and RESIGN or be SACKED!

[quote user="Mange Tout"]You''ll be thanking him when half a dozen or so clubs around us sink into administration.[/quote]I may have missed the sarcasm here but sure, that''s a great way to run a fizzy pop Championship side with the 3rd best support in the league. Hang around stagnant, struggling every year waiting for others to get into trouble first. With that philosphy we''ll beat many more to it first. On that note, why are so many people keen for us to get relegated and call in the administrators anyway? I''ve lost count of the people on here who (rightfully) hammered the filthy blue scum for paying 5 pence in the pound when they did it 5 years ago, shafting the likes of St. John''s Ambulance and even NCFC for programme printing costs. Allegedly and I must stress allegedly as I have no proof, their debt dodging antics may have caused some of their own fans businesses to suffer some severe financial implications and some may have then gone bust. Although I dislike our board of directionless as much as anyone due to their naivety and somewhat baffling decisions, I hope their "prudence" policy will at least keep us away from that bitter road.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Strangers All"]A Wizard leading a Witch Hunt...[/quote]

Try as you may SA, deflecting your attacks on to me, won''t alter the truth and spin of Doomy''s own words![:|]

[/quote]

How wonderfully misunderstood.

[quote user="Paperclip"][quote user="Mange Tout"]You''ll be thanking him when half a dozen or so clubs around us sink into administration.[/quote]

I may have missed the sarcasm here but sure, that''s a great way to run a fizzy pop Championship side with the 3rd best support in the league. Hang around stagnant, struggling every year waiting for others to get into trouble first. With that philosphy we''ll beat many more to it first.

On that note, why are so many people keen for us to get relegated and call in the administrators anyway? I''ve lost count of the people on here who (rightfully) hammered the filthy blue scum for paying 5 pence in the pound when they did it 5 years ago, shafting the likes of St. John''s Ambulance and even NCFC for programme printing costs. Allegedly and I must stress allegedly as I have no proof, their debt dodging antics may have caused some of their own fans businesses to suffer some severe financial implications and some may have then gone bust. Although I dislike our board of directionless as much as anyone due to their naivety and somewhat baffling decisions, I hope their "prudence" policy will at least keep us away from that bitter road.
[/quote]

One company in Ipswich run by a Town supporter went to the wall at least.  A small company based in Colchester who had a catering contract with them took out an overdraft to tide them over upon promise of payment and they also went to the wall as a result.  I don''t know if he was a Town supporter but I doubt that he is now.

Of all the mistakes Smith and Jones and company have made, and by golly they''ve made some, taking the easy option when Gordon Bennett left and appointing the Club''s Solicitor to the role of Chief Executive was, in my humble opinion, the biggest of them all. Solicitors do not make good business men, at least I''ve never come across one who has. They are by their nature completely non risk-taking, over prudent, over cautious and, in this case, vastly overpaid. The fact of the matter is that Doncaster doesn''t have the skills set to be CEO of our great club and he has been the main culprit in leading us to where we are today make no mistake. Where do you think the brains behind the prudent policy of not investing in the team but investing in safer off the field ventures comes from? It ain''t Smith and Jones of that I''m sure. No, rest assured that the main man responsible for our plight is Mr. D.

Doncaster mantra has always been ''must not over streatch ourselves cause we''re only little ol Norwich'' mentality.... Yes, we are skint and we have been before, however, I for one feel if you play yourself down and don''t aspire to greatness, this then transfers to every section of any organisation (and in this case our team) and a ''make do'' situation occurs which ultimately leads to failure and mediocrity...

Yes the man does speak some sence occasionally, however i''m sick of hearing it tempered with the cautionary clap trap which is clearly designed to quash any disenting words and masks inadequacy.  Sorry, but you are the main player in negotiating contracts, so you Doncaster, are clearly the one they see coming, no one else... Greedy players and agents? Nah... mate you are clearly a soft touch enabling others to laugh all the way to the bank at Norwich''s expense.....  

None of this adds up.

Back in 2004, the club took a punt- Huckeby, Crouch, McKenzie and Svensson. Wonderful ambition by a club with no sugar daddy, no major streams of income. The result- promotion.

But somehow, after the riches of the premiership, the parachute payments, the big money transfers OUT of the club- we are less well-off than where we were to start with.

The board have forgotten how our success was built- by taking a ''calculated gamble'' as it was put at the time. Heads must roll

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Of all the mistakes Smith and Jones and company have made, and by golly they''ve made some, taking the easy option when Gordon Bennett left and appointing the Club''s Solicitor to the role of Chief Executive was, in my humble opinion, the biggest of them all. Solicitors do not make good business men, at least I''ve never come across one who has. They are by their nature completely non risk-taking, over prudent, over cautious and, in this case, vastly overpaid. The fact of the matter is that Doncaster doesn''t have the skills set to be CEO of our great club and he has been the main culprit in leading us to where we are today make no mistake. Where do you think the brains behind the prudent policy of not investing in the team but investing in safer off the field ventures comes from? It ain''t Smith and Jones of that I''m sure. No, rest assured that the main man responsible for our plight is Mr. D.[/quote]

Totally agree. Big mistake letting Gordon go and an even bigger one appointing Doncaster.

Solicitors and accountants should NEVER be allowed any where near running a company!!

I can''t believe I agree with Wiz!!

Surely one of the main reasons that we are in the financial mess that we are in must be due to out glorified solicitor of a CE and his ways with handling the clubs money? And to think this man was quite high in the running to be in charge of the FA? DONCASTER OUT!

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

None of this adds up.

Back in 2004, the club took a punt- Huckeby, Crouch, McKenzie and Svensson. Wonderful ambition by a club with no sugar daddy, no major streams of income. The result- promotion.

But somehow, after the riches of the premiership, the parachute payments, the big money transfers OUT of the club- we are less well-off than where we were to start with.

The board have forgotten how our success was built- by taking a ''calculated gamble'' as it was put at the time. Heads must roll

[/quote]

This is quite right but it does strongly indicate that something has gone very wrong financially at the club.  I think more and more people are cutting through the spin and realising that the "infrastructure before team" policy has been an absolute disaster- just as it ended up being under Chase- and is draining the club of cash rather than freeing up funds for the team. 

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Of all the mistakes Smith and Jones and company have made, and by golly they''ve made some, taking the easy option when Gordon Bennett left and appointing the Club''s Solicitor to the role of Chief Executive was, in my humble opinion, the biggest of them all. Solicitors do not make good business men, at least I''ve never come across one who has. They are by their nature completely non risk-taking, over prudent, over cautious and, in this case, vastly overpaid. The fact of the matter is that Doncaster doesn''t have the skills set to be CEO of our great club and he has been the main culprit in leading us to where we are today make no mistake. Where do you think the brains behind the prudent policy of not investing in the team but investing in safer off the field ventures comes from? It ain''t Smith and Jones of that I''m sure. No, rest assured that the main man responsible for our plight is Mr. D.[/quote]

Agree with most of that but when it comes down to it D and M have complete control and could have sacked him at any point if they didn`t like his approach.  I`ve got some sympathy with Delia in that she`s a cook and has never pretended to be an astute business mind but MWJ is supposed to be just that.  I do tend to think that Doncaster is the snake in the grass, but i find the idea that the board have been bedazzled by his amazing ideas and charisma slightly far-fetched therefore in my eyes they are all equally culpable.

Good stuff Barry - apart from the undeniable fact that Delia and Michael have had many years to see through him and get rid. They chose not to, and in time he was promoted as you say from an accountable employee to the one with all the power.

I have no doubt Delia, Michael and Mr Foulger all want the best for NCFC. Their task is to appoint someone onto the board to overhaul the club and put together a firm business plan and be accountable to them firstly, and the shareholders thereafter. Alongside that we desperately need, in fact have always needed someone on the board who puts football at the top of the mindset, agenda, call it what you will.

I am equally sure that Doncaster and Munby could be spouting all this spin at any organisation in the country. Shame being it''s NCFC.

Very true Thorpe. Especially on bringing in the three loan (what a novelty!) players early on in the season. Of course none of them were meant to stay, but eventually we secured Hucks long term (and that was due to the generosity of a fan who stumped up the cash for part of his wages). Result, promotion. We could have gambled further and got Crouch too. Oh well....

Gambles pay off sometimes Mr Doncaster.

What concerns most of us is the performance of the personnel upstairs after promotion. Budgeting to come straight down, not giving the manager time to assemble a squad. On relegation, well, where do I start? It''s all there folks, selling players for multi millions and buying in cheap replacements, not buying early enough in close season. Year on year it''s gone on, slowly our resources are drying up and with it any talent (or saleable players) in the squad. And let''s not mention the bulging paying off sacked manager budgets.

Having relied on a large season ticket holder base on which to set their budget, we haven''t reduced that debt, but taken out loans for large areas of land (oh dear) instead of investing in the squad. The past two seasons of loan players and the accompanying agent/contract fees is a lesson most of us will end up paying. It''s the third division and back to basics.

Wonder where the real cost cutting will fall. Let''s hope, just for once, it starts at the top of the tree.

[quote user="Captain Dejan Is Injured"]

I can''t believe I agree with Wiz!!

Surely one of the main reasons that we are in the financial mess that we are in must be due to out glorified solicitor of a CE and his ways with handling the clubs money? And to think this man was quite high in the running to be in charge of the FA? DONCASTER OUT!

[/quote]

Do you feel dirty now Captain?[;)]