Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Forget Smith.....heres the real problem!

lol stop being so dramatic wizard , very interesting what he said about the wage bill being double that of what a club with our fan base should expect..well hang on a minute last time i looked we averaged a very healthy  24,000.. is he saying the wage bill is based on getting an average of 48,000 ?  just exaclty how much is simon lappin on for god sake ?  [:D]

I can''t read beyond the first paragraph as I felt dizzy and fell over........With the shrinking of our playing staff and their quality - for him to suggest our business model is correct, right and proper is absurd. He might as well come out and suggest the rest of the championship are cheating!

What was so bad about that statement? Just looked like more of what we already know. There was certainly nothing new in it...

I have said it for some time now that this is the man charged with the hands on running of the football club and the buck stops with him. He thinks we are a well run club well the treatment of Huckerby, Lappin, Cureton, Martin and Spillane are contradictory to that, we are a shambles both on and off the pitch.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED26%20Feb%202009%2008%3A28%3A09%3A867

I actually despise this man more than Smith now![:@]

[/quote]

It''s not only him, the whole bloody lot of them have put us where we are, along with the countless loan players and players on the books who simply aren''t good or passionate enough.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"]

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED26%20Feb%202009%2008%3A28%3A09%3A867

[/quote]

It''s not only him, the whole bloody lot of them have put us where we are, along with the countless loan players and players on the books who simply aren''t good or passionate enough.

[/quote]

Very true 49, but imo, Smith and Jones are so dim they have given him the power to do what he likes, in the real world, proven failures like him would have been sacked years ago.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now now calm down WAY.

You should be on your knees thanking Doomy and the board for keeping this club in the state we have become accustomed too!

How dare you mention PASSION and NCFC in the same breath. Go and have a lay down in a dark room I sure you will then feel better[:D]

How can our playing budget be double what a club getting 25k supporters should have!!!

Does this include the ridiculous wages and settlements paid to the poorly chosen mangement teams - in which case surely the blame lies with him.

I personaly feel the article is very worrying.

He states we are paying twice the wages for the crowd size we get. Well, how can teams who have half our crowd size pay players that are good enough to see them challenging att he top end of the table? Are the board a soft touch when it comes to negotiating wages for new players?

It also states the debt is stable and manageable because of the continues support of the Wynn Jones'' and the Foulger family. Great but how is that stable when you are relying on their personal contributions. Unless you have gaurantees in place that they will keep doing this till the debt is paid, they could stop the funding at any time. Hardly stable in my opinion.

Just one final thought our Chief Exec has a law degree, not a business or finance degree. God forbid any of us found the need to be defended in a court of law, would you use an accountant?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Well Wiz, Doncaster is fond of saying that Norwich City Football Club should be run efficiently and professionally like any other business but, of course the owners of any other business which has recorded year on year failure and decline would self-evidently have sacked the MD a long time ago.

" our business plan is widely respected" says Mr D.

Would this be the plan we stole from our role model Charlton Athletic?

Now i wonder what the state of affairs is on/off the pitch at The Valley?

And we wonder why we are where we are.

[quote user="rjwc22"]

How can our playing budget be double what a club getting 25k supporters should have!!!

Does this include the ridiculous wages and settlements paid to the poorly chosen mangement teams - in which case surely the blame lies with him.

[/quote]We get 25k bums on seats but how many of those are actually paying full whack - hardly any except the visiting supporters. Take out the season ticket holders and recalculate the income as an the equivalent in terms of casual supporters. I suspect the figure then ends up much closer to the 15k we used to get before the marketing wheezes.This is not to knock anyone because it is obviously better to have a full ground rather than a half empty one but just to spread a bit of reality amongst those who take the 25k and extrapolate this to arguing that we should be the richest club in the Champs

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Anyone got the Samaritans number handy? Every time I read anything written by this man I feel like ending it all.[/quote]

It''s called rallying the troops Barry. One brief spirited statement from our leader and we are all ready to go over the top and beat the..........

OR desert and go home.

Is this reverse psycology we end up shouting for the team just to spite him.

The most alarming statement in this article is his affirmation that, "The playing budget is still more than double what a club with a supporter base that Norwich enjoys should expect"

How many clubs get 50,000 crowds regularly?

We must have been consistently getting the worst value for money players than any other club in the the entire Football League.

How on earth does the quality of our playing staff justify such an assertion? Those responsible for some of these deals could teach the bankers a lesson or two in waste.

Presumably the "playing budget" includes the setting up of expensive loan deals .... which have mostly been of limited succes.

Eg. None of the four recent loanees was in the starting line-up last Saturday.

Please Gunn. No more than three next season and use them.

Presumably the "playing budget" includes academy costs.

Let us hope that this expense proves justified because if we do go down we will be best served unloading a few (all?) expensive non achievers and relying on our own youth.

[quote user="First Wizard"]PS Also check out his ''Adminstration'' article in todays EDP...............then slit your wrists and give up on the club.[:''(][/quote]

You are a jolly soul today.

Agree - it is astonishing. With our Chief Executive being a lawyer by trade the one bit of his job that I thought he would be good at is tying down the details of these deals in the favour of NCFC. It appears not. Goodness only knows how much we must be paying some of these very average performers some of whom we don''t even seem to see as first-team material even we we get them! What a mess. 

With further reagard to Doncaster''s "playing budget."

Does this budget include all the extras who don''t actually play?

The squad photograph on this site includes the following non-players:

Goal Keeping Coach.

Head of Player Recruitment.

Head of Strength and Conditioning.

Strengthening Coach.

Masseuse.

Performance Analyst.

Kit Manager.

Physiotherapist.

Reserve Team (?) Manager.

Plus the Manager and Asst. Manager (and the Chief Executive?) and probably a few more.

All with generous wages.

Presumably all these are deemed necessary nowadays, but at what a cost? We are not Manchester United.

[quote user="Chunky"]

It also states the debt is stable and manageable because of the continues support of the Wynn Jones'' and the Foulger family. Great but how is that stable when you are relying on their personal contributions. Unless you have gaurantees in place that they will keep doing this till the debt is paid, they could stop the funding at any time. Hardly stable in my opinion.

[/quote]Agreed. He also then goes on to say that a major part of that support is looking to sell!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now now calm down WAY.

You should be on your knees thanking Doomy and the board for keeping this club in the state we have become accustomed too!

How dare you mention PASSION and NCFC in the same breath. Go and have a lay down in a dark room I sure you will then feel better[:D]

[/quote]

lol nope had a lay down and still feel bloody angry at what they''ve done to our club hehehehe [:D]

As for passion, even though he''s been a bit barn door, can''t knock JC for his passion for the shirt.

The rest of them wouldn''t know passion or commitment if it smacked em between the eyes.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Anyone got the Samaritans number handy? Every time I read anything written by this man I feel like ending it all.[/quote]

lol you aren''t alone if that brings you any comfort [:S]

lol you aren''t alone if that brings you any comfort [:S]

[quote user="Mange Tout"]You''ll be thanking him when half a dozen or so clubs around us sink into administration.[/quote]

lol yeah right, thank him for what?  For investing more off pitch than on permanent players?  I don''t think so [;)]