Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Why hasn't Gunn learned from Rodent's Mistakes?

...the answer is probably because of the truth; he''s a fish out of water, out of his depth.

Roeder wasted money on loan players who he didn''t rate and wouldnt play. Where exactly were all of our january buys?: Leijer, Carney, Killen, Gow; none of them have been used since we signed them; more money wasted, a roederism, a complete waste of time and probably another £250,000 down the agents swannee.

Gow produced for Blackpool, was wanted by Wolves yet cant get a game in our doomed side. Leijer & Carney havent had a look in. I''m confused. And when i hear from certain people that Ian Crook has been demoted behind John Deehan in the coaching pecking order i question where this is all heading...well for Crook probably an adjust p45 with the afformentioned duo; and Ian Butterworth.

I''ve always seen Shackall as potentially a good player; but Stevie Wonder could have seen last season that him and Doherty went together like chalk & cheese! They were the problem last season so why oh why would Gunny go all out to get that defence back together. It really beggers belief.

So next season we will be welcoming the might of Hereford & Yeovil to ''fortress'' carrow road; and here''s a thought we could be a league below Peterborough; not to mention the revivred revolutioned MK Dons.

but cheer up; we could win the Johnstons Paint Trophy Next Season; on 2nd thoughts...i seroiusly doubt it!

OTBC

A demorislised Huddy Signing off!

[quote user="Huddy "]

...the answer is probably because of the truth; he''s a fish out of water, out of his depth.

Roeder wasted money on loan players who he didn''t rate and wouldnt play. Where exactly were all of our january buys?: Leijer, Carney, Killen, Gow; none of them have been used since we signed them; more money wasted, a roederism, a complete waste of time and probably another £250,000 down the agents swannee.

Gow produced for Blackpool, was wanted by Wolves yet cant get a game in our doomed side. Leijer & Carney havent had a look in. I''m confused. And when i hear from certain people that Ian Crook has been demoted behind John Deehan in the coaching pecking order i question where this is all heading...well for Crook probably an adjust p45 with the afformentioned duo; and Ian Butterworth.

I''ve always seen Shackall as potentially a good player; but Stevie Wonder could have seen last season that him and Doherty went together like chalk & cheese! They were the problem last season so why oh why would Gunny go all out to get that defence back together. It really beggers belief.

So next season we will be welcoming the might of Hereford & Yeovil to ''fortress'' carrow road; and here''s a thought we could be a league below Peterborough; not to mention the revivred revolutioned MK Dons.

but cheer up; we could win the Johnstons Paint Trophy Next Season; on 2nd thoughts...i seroiusly doubt it!

OTBC

[/quote]

Other than as a goalkeeper Gunn has not been a success at anything at the club.

No good as promotions manager, no good as scout. What would you expect?

Gunn can have very few complaints when he doesn''t even pick the best team from the start - when your''e playing at home,needing to win a game, you simply cannot play Clingan and Fotheringham in the same midfield (another thing Roeder persisted in), they are too similar and play in the same spaces and neither look comfortable when in advanced positions, Russell has to play in that midfield to provide drive from midfield.

On Tuesday at QPR i''d be inclined to make as many as 6 changes just to shake things up , we''ve bought all these loans in and apparantly none are good enough to get in THIS first eleven, it''s sh*t or bust time, lets see if we''ve got anyone else in our squad who can actaully help us?

Same players (bar Shackell), same team, same tactics, same performances, same results.  The loan players must be either very unfit or technically very poor if they can''t get in the team (or in Gow''s case, warm the bench for 90 minutes).

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Huddy "]

OTBC

[/quote]

Other than as a goalkeeper Gunn has not been a success at anything at the club.

No good as promotions manager, no good as scout. What would you expect?

[/quote]Rubbish - if he was a bad scout I take it that you think Clingan was a poor signing?And there is still an argument to suggest that if he had had longer we would be in a better position because under Gunn the players have played with more belief and at least tried to score goals. In fact goals have not really been our problem, or at least scoring them hasn''t been. It has been defending them that has been our problem since we started to loose and not replace our once incredibly mean defence in Makay and Fleming etc. When we did replace we got the likes of Charlton who whilst good was not a long term solution, or Doherty who hadn''t really got a great deal of experience and was not going to be an instant hit. When we had the chance of signing a good defender we didn''t - Tiny.If you want to point fingers at problomatic managers then the last two and then the board are those that you want to blame - not the current one who had little time to sign anyone and couldn''t even recall any loaned players.

[quote]

Rubbish - if he was a bad scout I take it that you think Clingan was a poor signing?

[/quote]

and yet forest are doing better without him than we are with him, let him leave on a free transfer and he had spent most of his career in league 1.

I''ll leave you to answer your own question.

jas :)