Sign in to follow this  
DH

Connolly to Foxes for 500k

Just read on Skysports that Leicester have agreed a 500k fee with West Ham for David Connolly. Despite rejecting us last season I think at that price for a striker with a lot of promise who''s obviously willing to move area we should be in there for him. In our price range and surely premiership football will win over the new championship football. What you reckon? Hopefully worthy is keeping uptodate with things over here and will make a last minute smash and grab.
This is my first posting and it feels GREAT!!! Premiership survival no problem next year.

I rate Connolly too but think we should be looking for a more powerful striker, and think we are. We''ve already got Hucks and Leon who play off a big man.
More to the point I would say we''ve just missed the chance to sign Harewood, West Ham obviously need money or they wouldn''t have sold Connolly. They will now play Harewood up front with Zamora. How annoying I want Harewood!!!

Don''t know really whether Connolly is what we need - surely more of a target man is on NW''s wish list? I don''t deny that he is a very good player though, and 500k seems pretty cheap. Anyway, with him leaving the ''ammers it seems even less likely that we''ll get Harewood...that is if we have actually made an approach beyond the one that some of the journos seem to have dreamed about!

They can keep him. He was crap for West Ham last season
and he always never seems to be the happiest of chappies. Give me Marlon Harewood anyday.

Welcome to the site DH.

The problem with Connolly is that he''s a good striker, but not good enough for us. He''s first division standard, and apparantly has an attitude problem if what I''ve heard is true. Harewood on the other hand is class and I''d love to see him come here.

Surely desire to play for Norwich is quite high up the list of priorities when looking at players. After turning us down last season, he hardly qualifies for that does he?!!

A

Twigge i doubt this means they''re looking to sell Scowcroft. Connolly will replace Dickov whos gone to Blackburn.

I dont think Connolly is a player we should be interested in, seems to be a bit of a problem boy and was not so good in Div 1 last year. Scowcroft or Harewood on the other hand would be good buys.

I am trying to be optimistic following the dissappointing news, to me anyway, that Crouch won''t be coming.

There will be a wages issue for Leicester to struggle with.
And.
The player is nearing the end of his current contract.
And.
Possibly player discontent following relegation.

So I think they will have to sell.

Personally, a player I''ve always secretly rated for his general hold up play.