Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

Cureton and the Foz

Okay, it''s hard to pinpoint in our ridiculously rubbish squad who are the worst players- but I think these two win.

Cureton''s miss today is the catalyst for his major short-comings as a striker, as I think I put it so elequently on Canary Call today- my nan really could have scored that, and she really does have arthiritis in her legs. The guys a complete donkey. Forget the rubbish that he ''has norwich in his bloody'' ''gives 100%''- he is useless. Oh for an Adrian Coote.

As for Fotheringham, to be fair of late he hasn''t been as bad as he can be. But that''s just it- his best is still awful. And he''s the skipper.

As I said last week, we''re down and out. Even when we were bottom by 5 points last year, I thought we''d stay up. Not now though. Defensively we look weak, vulnarable and suspect to conceding a goal. In midfield, well, apart from Hoolahan we look completely void of ideas. Up front? There might as well not be an up front. And the really worrying thing is that we''ll probably be watching the same rubbish for many more years- just in a lower league.

God help us.

True words.

I''m not sure Cureton and Cort would be good enough for league one.

Today was different from the last few games where good chances have been few and far between, today we''ve shown that even when they are created we need about 5 or 6 clear chances before we score and thats the story of our season.

That and of course, our defending. First goal Semi should never of let Bell have room to cross, and Henderson was unmarked, who was traking him? The second goal I know he is a striker, but Fox made Cort look foolish, he should never of been able to get a shot away. And thats the thing, even when we''re playing well, we all know we are likely to concede.

Its simple really, not scoring enough goals + conceding to many simple goals = this mess.