Sign in to follow this  
essexcanary

I am looking forward to Div1

I am probably the only person who is looking forward to div 1, we are out of our league at the moment and have been most of the season,we have not had a good striker all season and have relied on loan players other clubs do not want. at least in div 1 we will win a few matches and we could gather ourselves and return back to the championship and we will be in similar company and be better suited to playing at this levelwe have been on a downward slope since being relegated by Fulham in the premier and this is the result.also I live in Essex so will be able to look forward to visiting my local grounds of colchester and southend again!!. cheer up its only a game and I hope the board are pleased with themseves.

[quote user="canaryranger"]I am probably the only person who is looking forward to div 1, we are out of our league at the moment and have been most of the season,we have not had a good striker all season and have relied on loan players other clubs do not want. at least in div 1 we will win a few matches and we could gather ourselves and return back to the championship and we will be in similar company and be better suited to playing at this level
we have been on a downward slope since being relegated by Fulham in the premier and this is the result.
also I live in Essex so will be able to look forward to visiting my local grounds of colchester and southend again!!.
cheer up its only a game and I hope the board are pleased with themseves.
[/quote]

Have you ever watched City play in the 3rd division? I have and its not nice!

The only way i will look forwad to League One is if someone else owns and runs the club by then.

Then, just maybe, it might be a blessing in disguise!

We could be down there 10 years and thats if we even manage to stay in that division.                     

[quote user="jim blair"]Glad you find the current plight of  our club so amusing[/quote]

I wouldn''t worry.  As someone once memorably remarked:

"If Britain was a human body, enemas would have to be inserted at Hull."[;)]

[quote user="canaryranger"]I am probably the only person who is looking forward to div 1, we are out of our league at the moment and have been most of the season,we have not had a good striker all season and have relied on loan players other clubs do not want. at least in div 1 we will win a few matches and we could gather ourselves and return back to the championship and we will be in similar company and be better suited to playing at this level
we have been on a downward slope since being relegated by Fulham in the premier and this is the result.
also I live in Essex so will be able to look forward to visiting my local grounds of colchester and southend again!!.
cheer up its only a game and I hope the board are pleased with themseves.
[/quote]

That''s a cheerful take on our descent into the abyss. I don''t think I could really look forward to the savage cuts involved to avoid the club folding, especially the youth set up which seems at last to be bearing some fruit. We probably wouldn''t even be able to keep the likes of Spillane. A return to the championship? We''d be lucky to stay in League 1.

I remember trying to cheer myself up with a similar thought when we got relegated from the prem - problem is we couldn''t win in the chumpionship either.This time around, I''ve got no confidence we''ll do any better in League 1.  Unless something changes, I fear that we could be in freefall.