Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

WIN OR BUST

....i''m back from my self imposed pinkun exile. A combination of a holiday, and the last few weeks being far too disheartening too add any more negative comments to thois board.

The sad fact is, the negative comments are right; if we don''t beat Coventry today we will be playing League One Football next season; and you have to wonder whether the ''Bust'' takes on a more definitive role! I don''t see how we can afford relegation...

Only 2 or 3 weeks ago you could pick any one of 12 sides going down; now Coventry, Doncaster and Derby have for sure pulled away, leaving a bottom 8 battling for survival. That includes Barnsley & watford who have to games in hand on us; but sure that doesnt guarentee points.

For arguments sake we only draw today, we will have 34 points, with 11 to go; even optomistically hoping 48 points would keep us up; i dont see where 14 points are coming from. The only thing we do know is that the majority of that 14 points are gonna have be at home.

Plymouth, Sheffield Wednesday, Watford at home are all must wins; 2 against drop rivals; then we have also have Cardiff & reading; plus trips to Portman Road, Swansea, Birmingham & QPR. The way we are playing away from home leaves me feeling that we must win today; we are''t consistant enough to win 4 of our last 5 home games; and if it comes to the crunch can we win at blackpool...i still think we will be in the mix come the final day at charlton...but it won''t be  in our hands even if we won...

So todays the day, beat Coventry, get to 36 points; and maybe just maybe we will have enough confidence to get the 4 more wins we will need; lose (or draw), and i don''t see any hope of us getting 3 points at Loftus Road come Tuesday either; a win would breed confidence; but the longer that win take to come, the more chance it will be too late.

[quote user="Huddy "]

....i''m back from my self imposed pinkun exile. A combination of a holiday, and the last few weeks being far too disheartening too add any more negative comments to thois board.

The sad fact is, the negative comments are right; if we don''t beat Coventry today we will be playing League One Football next season; and you have to wonder whether the ''Bust'' takes on a more definitive role! I don''t see how we can afford relegation...

Only 2 or 3 weeks ago you could pick any one of 12 sides going down; now Coventry, Doncaster and Derby have for sure pulled away, leaving a bottom 8 battling for survival. That includes Barnsley & watford who have to games in hand on us; but sure that doesnt guarentee points.

For arguments sake we only draw today, we will have 34 points, with 11 to go; even optomistically hoping 48 points would keep us up; i dont see where 14 points are coming from. The only thing we do know is that the majority of that 14 points are gonna have be at home.

Plymouth, Sheffield Wednesday, Watford at home are all must wins; 2 against drop rivals; then we have also have Cardiff & reading; plus trips to Portman Road, Swansea, Birmingham & QPR. The way we are playing away from home leaves me feeling that we must win today; we are''t consistant enough to win 4 of our last 5 home games; and if it comes to the crunch can we win at blackpool...i still think we will be in the mix come the final day at charlton...but it won''t be  in our hands even if we won...

So todays the day, beat Coventry, get to 36 points; and maybe just maybe we will have enough confidence to get the 4 more wins we will need; lose (or draw), and i don''t see any hope of us getting 3 points at Loftus Road come Tuesday either; a win would breed confidence; but the longer that win take to come, the more chance it will be too late.

[/quote]

Good post which I fully agree with. If you look at the other strugglers, they are all pulling out the odd "surprise" result, whereas, with the exception of Wolves away,we haven''t. The time to make a move is now, because it will soon be too late. I''m looking forward to going this afternoon, but I''m apprehensive as hell, because I fear more of the same from last week.

The odd surprise lets see:-

Forrest won at Reading

Plynouth at Wolves

Barnsley,Watford at home

Charlton drew at Swansea.

Yep that covers the surprises. The only non surprise was us not beating Coventry!

After today, we really are going down. Before the game, I thought we would get the win, but it was a disaster. I just can''t see where the next win is coming from.

[quote user="Huddy "]

thanks CA

Smile [:)]

[/quote]

Huddy: it''s the Johnstone''s Paint Trophy.  Down in League One we know about these things.[:)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Huddy "]

thanks CA

Smile [:)]

[/quote]

Huddy: it''s the Johnstone''s Paint Trophy.  Down in League One we know about these things.[:)]

[/quote]

this is gonna take some getting used too; we wont even make the 3rd round of the FA Cup anymore either!