Sign in to follow this  
Bristol Canary

The Plan For Next Season... Or Is It Too Early???

Though I''ve been very optimistic about staying in the Championship this season in the past I think the majority will agree the result and performance today coupled with results elsewhere means we face an almost impossible task to gain enough points to stay up (unless some kind of miracle occurs of course). So I think the time has come to write off this season and build for next, and even though I''ve watched them a number of times this season and haven''t been impressed the majority of the time it has to be time to give some of the academy lads more chances in the 1st team.    The worrying thing for me is that when I have watched them most don''t look like they could make the step up to championship level but with little or no pressure on them at the moment because of our expectations that we will be relegated could it be the perfect time to introduce them? I mean the only way they will become better players is if they gain experience from playing 1st team football regularly and considering some of them will have too become more prominent players for us next season could this be the best time for them to try find their feet in competitive 1st team games instead of next season when we will need to start strongly?     Could a few strong performances from players brought through our own academy in our final handful of games be a silver lining for you in a disastrous season? Could seeing a number of names in the starting line up that have come through the academy galvanize the crowd at Carrow Road and create an atmosphere where we can get behind some home grown players that wont feel under intense pressure and because of it produce some signs of footballing ability and intelliegence that we can try to enjoy for the rest of the season?    Or is it too early to be playing them instead of players that might be able to keep us up but leave next season if we ultimately fail and get relegated?       

the plan for next seasn has to be stability in league 1.

we wont be in a position to come straight back up, but we have to be aiming for the top half of the table, give the kids a chance and start building for the future.... consolidate our position and then maybe push on in 2 or 3 seasons for promotion.

we need to steady the ship first and foremost.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

the plan for next seasn has to be stability in league 1.

we wont be in a position to come straight back up, but we have to be aiming for the top half of the table, give the kids a chance and start building for the future.... consolidate our position and then maybe push on in 2 or 3 seasons for promotion.

we need to steady the ship first and foremost.

jas :)

[/quote]

Totally agree jas