Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

City v Newcastle

According to the BBC Website Craig Bellamy may have to have another operation on his knee which would put him out of the beginning of the season. This cannot be bad news for us with us playing them so early but poor old Bellars has sure had his belly full of knee injuries which was probably Muscat initiated.

On one hand it''s disappointing that Bellamy will not play his old team, but more importantly on the other hand it means one of their best players won''t be on the pitch. Let''s hope Dyer, Shearer and Ameobi all get non serious injuries to also rule them out.

ronaldo could miss the norwich game aswell if he goes to the olympics. if these important players won''t be there against us we could definatley get atleast 1 point from the 2 games.

lets hope that ameobi gets a serious injury???? Ameobi is one of the biggest donkeys around, i would prefer him to play against us!!

I have just read that Bellars says he is hopeful of being fit to play in the barcodes first game of the season, so it looks like we might get the chance to pit our wits (and other things) against him after all.

If he does play I hope we give him the ovation he deserves and personally I hope the city fans support our team rather than get on the newcastle players backs with ipswich connections

I agree with your sentiments, blacko, but I think that there will be some who won''t be able to resist. I''m sure Bellars will be warmly received if he makes it. Looking at their fans'' site tonight they are genuinely concerned about the situation and feel that it is only a matter of time before he breaks down again and, that sooner rather than later, his knees will be in such a state that he won''t be able to carry on at all. What a waste of talent if that does happen, but I can''t say that most people won''t have seen it coming.