Sign in to follow this  
Tim Allman

Gunny lost plenty of managerial authority today

Gunny lost plenty of managerial authority today. After a first half like that someone should pay for it with an early bath, if not two. It should send a signal to the players AND the crowd that yesterday’s level of performance and effort was not acceptable.

Fotheringham gave the ball away three times in the first few minutes, and ambled around like it didn’t matter how he played. Jamie, well, what can I say? He was just not good enough. These two were the ideal candidates to go.

Amazingly, there no changes at half time but at least Jamie was fired up to miss a sitter from a yard out, and Fozzy patted him on he head and said hard luck mate.

And then somehow, by a miracle we got back into the game, equalised, and should have won it, but didn’t due to some more misses and a ref who must have been related to D’Urso.

But ten minutes after we scored was obvious to me that City were going to back to way we played in the first half. We had no shape, no confidence, no nothing and it was just a matter of time before Coventry scored again.

But still no changes until we were behind. Why?

I know Gunny has inherited a poisoned chalice of a job, but we must make better use of our subs & resources.

Totally agree , would have replaced the terrible twosome at half time.Mind you on yesterdays first half performance you could have replaced anyone bar Croft!I know Grounds scored again but I feel one of our biggest problems is full back,a fit Drury would always play and surely there is someone in the squad who can defend better than Otsemobor?

Obviously hasn''t lost any of his managerial ability, because he seemingly has none.  But he is cheap.  Its Crooky I feel sorry for at least he had a career in Oz now who''s going to give him a job.  Gunny can go back to being a barman or waiter or whateve he used to do.

Crook and Butterworth have both left other jobs to come here, so I cant see them not being here come Sept.

But the substitution were either too late or just wrong.  Daley should have been on much earlier and why bring Russell on?  Is he a goal scoring match winner this season?  Give Gow a go,  thats why you loaned him isnt it? And why not Carney - again?

We had no matching turning ability on the bench.  Gow may have and if the midfield had some ability they may have been able to use Daley pace,  but we look a lost force as a side lead by a pedestrian out of his depth manager. 

Why can''t you see them not being ZLF? At the end of the day, they are here to advise Gunny and it''s evident that''s not happening. I don''t think the stop gap management team is working and probably will continue to stutter until the end of the season.

At which point, depending on where we are, what happens? If we go down, half the playing staff will depart and my honest thought is that this management team should go too. The board have screwed up big time by hoping that this would work and we need a management team that will get us back up at the first opportunity - sadly I don''t think this one is it.

spot on timbo - i picked up on this in an earlier thread...we had cov on the rack for a while after we scored - then it went quiet,,,time for a sub i thought???nope - and when shax made a last ditch tackle in the box to deny them a great goal scoring chance - i was imploring gunny to pick it up again - ''get asome subs on'''' - change it man before it was too late,,,''alas it was...

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

Gunny lost plenty of managerial authority today. After a first half like that someone should pay for it with an early bath, if not two. It should send a signal to the players AND the crowd that yesterday’s level of performance and effort was not acceptable.

Fotheringham gave the ball away three times in the first few minutes, and ambled around like it didn’t matter how he played. Jamie, well, what can I say? He was just not good enough. These two were the ideal candidates to go.

Amazingly, there no changes at half time but at least Jamie was fired up to miss a sitter from a yard out, and Fozzy patted him on he head and said hard luck mate.

And then somehow, by a miracle we got back into the game, equalised, and should have won it, but didn’t due to some more misses and a ref who must have been related to D’Urso.

But ten minutes after we scored was obvious to me that City were going to back to way we played in the first half. We had no shape, no confidence, no nothing and it was just a matter of time before Coventry scored again.

But still no changes until we were behind. Why?

I know Gunny has inherited a poisoned chalice of a job, but we must make better use of our subs & resources.

[/quote]

It comes with a management team that sees a boss with no coaching badges or experience, an assistant from Harltepool Ressies and a coach who couldn''t cut it over here. But they were cheap!