Sign in to follow this  
Barclay_Boy

Booing David Bell

i didn''t.. couldnt really be arrised to be fair... i was just too busy expecting the inevitable! lol

he set the first goal up for them

jas :)

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]Just out of interest, did any of the posters on here contribute to the booing and abuse of David Bell? And if so, what were your reasons?[/quote]

No, I didn''t. I must say, it seemed rather desperate. I was rather more concerned with what our own players were doing, or rather what they were incapable of doing.

There was a lot in the Barclay - some of the shouts that accompanied it included claims that he was Judas for being here six months before leaving.

I think people are frustrated by wider issues affecting the club, booing Bell gives an opportunity to vent without it being directed at the players on the pitch.

Personally though I''m sorry we lost him, since I thought he was a good player...did get caught offside a lot though.

[quote user="Tickers"]There was a lot in the Barclay - some of the shouts that accompanied it included claims that he was Judas for being here six months before leaving. I think people are frustrated by wider issues affecting the club, booing Bell gives an opportunity to vent without it being directed at the players on the pitch. Personally though I''m sorry we lost him, since I thought he was a good player...did get caught offside a lot though.[/quote]

I don''t really blame him for leaving, to be honest. As I said earlier, the booing was all rather desperate. People should direct venom against those who deserve it....

he got a lot of money from this club, a lot of that when he was injured.

then when we got him fit he cleared off!

he didnt get enough stick in IMO

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]He left because he wasnt being played in his right position.

I clapped his name when the PA read his name out- and im glad i did.
He didnt deserve the boos
[/quote]

Interesting that he was still being played on the left side by Coventry today.  Seeems he can''t get that favoured right position we''re told he''s so good in!

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]He left because he wasnt being played in his right position.[/quote]

I''m not sure I really buy into that, since he lined up on the left hand side for Coventry today, if that was his issue with Norwich then he won''t sort it out there.

[quote user="sig"]

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]He left because he wasnt being played in his right position.

[/quote]

Interesting that he was still being played on the left side by Coventry today.  Seeems he can''t get that favoured right position we''re told he''s so good in!

[/quote]

Indeed, I wonder if he''ll whinge about being played on the left side for them like he did when he was here.

He was a lazy sod for us who never looked interested.

I hardly even saw him play for us, so I wasn''t really bothered either way.

He left because he apparently wanted to be closer to his family in Luton.

Surely he would''ve known he would be away from his family when he joined? Or his wife should accept you get a lot of perks being with a footballer, so should accept moving around.

It''s about an hour longer to get to Luton from here than Coventry, but still, its less than 2.5 hours.

[/quote]

so did I, CT, I can''t understand the booing myself. NCFC obviously didn''t want him or presumably they would not have accepted Coventry''s offer?

I could not fathom the booing either.  He did not disrespect the club and did not leave for a rival.   He was not playing regularly and clear was told he would not be despite having a real impact on the pitch (his 8th assist in a city game yest but goal creation is  not a key attribute for a winger is it?).

Sadly he looked dangerous when he had the ball and  his movement caused us problems,  which shows just how much an influence the management team do have on a teams and individuals performances  Watch and learn our midfielders - watch and learn.

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]He left because he apparently wanted to be closer to his family in Luton.[/quote]Family is in Northampton. 45 minutes to Coventry max.The moment Roeder was fired.... Bell was gone. Fozzy Matty and Russell will go in the summer. same reason