Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

Gunn should resign now

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]

For me it''s all over. The teams around us are now starting to hit a bit of form, Barnsley are now picking up points, as are Southampton (especially at home). I honestly think we''ll finish below Charlton and for me it isn''t just Gunn''s fault, it''s the way the club has been run by the board since Worthington left. Though I agreed with Worthy leaving, I do not agree with the way the board has gone about its business in appointing lacklustre managers and wasting more money sacking them 8 months down the line.

It really bugs me that Gunny is going to be remembered for taking us down when in reality it''s not really his fault at all. Sack the board and start again in league 1.

[/quote]

Gunny will always be though of by me and others I would think, as someone who tried to help the club remain here, and maybe taking the job for the wrong reasons, but the right moral reasons (as in he has NC at heart).

It won''t make me dislike the guy for trying, he is and always will be a legend in my eyes.

As stated before the only constant in our recent past has been the board.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Hoolahoop"]

For me it''s all over. The teams around us are now starting to hit a bit of form, Barnsley are now picking up points, as are Southampton (especially at home). I honestly think we''ll finish below Charlton and for me it isn''t just Gunn''s fault, it''s the way the club has been run by the board since Worthington left. Though I agreed with Worthy leaving, I do not agree with the way the board has gone about its business in appointing lacklustre managers and wasting more money sacking them 8 months down the line.

It really bugs me that Gunny is going to be remembered for taking us down when in reality it''s not really his fault at all. Sack the board and start again in league 1.

[/quote]

Gunny will always be though of by me and others I would think, as someone who tried to help the club remain here, and maybe taking the job for the wrong reasons, but the right moral reasons (as in he has NC at heart).

It won''t make me dislike the guy for trying, he is and always will be a legend in my eyes.

[/quote][;)]

[quote user="hoodace76"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Hoolahoop"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[;)]
[/quote]

lol  [:D]

Someone was asking who the others were that in the running for the job. Well I understand that Boothroyd with Malky were lined up prior to the Barnsley game and Fleming was joining too.

Shame isn''t it!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Someone was asking who the others were that in the running for the job. Well I understand that Boothroyd with Malky were lined up prior to the Barnsley game and Fleming was joining too. Shame isn''t it![/quote]

Cannot say about Mr Boothroyd but Malky told us "there has not been an approach whatsoever from Norwich City and I have not  had any calls about the managership there apart from you Press people."

Make of that what you like. 

We do follow up the "tips" on this board but we haven''t been able to stand any of them up recently.[:|] 

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Hoolahoop"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Same here 49, but my love is starting to run a bit thin I''m afraid.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Hoolahoop"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I''m agreeing with Wizard too..... as i always seem to agree with WAY49[;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Hoolahoop"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I understand that mate I really do.  Gunny was my all time hero, done a great job for us as a player, and has dedicated his life to NCFC.

People are quite rightly angry about how things are right now, but IMHO it''s not the blame of one person or another but a multitude of things.  People always look for a scapegoat, it''s human nature.

But blaming Gunny alone is wrong.  Using him as a punchbag is wrong.

Direct your anger and feelings towards who is truly to blame, the one constant.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]So we can get a real manager in who can try and work a miracle in these final games.[/quote]

idiot!

what manager is going to come to the club with it where it is? answer me that? the only manager we will get will be another hopeless failure, EG a souness or hoddle.. a last chancer who has failed in every job they''ve had.

the board Appointed Bryan Gunn, they wont sack him, if he resigns then it will be butterworth or crook who get the job.. time to face the inevitible...

jas :)

[/quote]

Idiot? F**k off, Jas. I guess you''d rather see the club go down with a whimper instead of a fight then? Inevitable my arse. It''s only inevitable because we have a complete nobody in charge. The board are at fault, but Mr Gunn is too. He didn''t even need to take the caretaker''s role - we had Tommy Wright, and to be fair, I''d rather have seen Ricky Martin take the game, Gunn is the absolute last person I would have had in charge for a game that we would win regardless.

And last chancers such as Souness or Hoddle? What I would give for one of those to be in charge of NCFC right now.

You, it seems, are the idiot.

[/quote]

Don''t forget the players parts in all this.

And don''t forget Yellows that as Head of Player Recruitment Gunn must have played a part in bringing some those players to the club. Does not say a lot about his capabilities to be a manager deoes it.

[/quote]

[quote user="Chunky Canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]So we can get a real manager in who can try and work a miracle in these final games.[/quote]

idiot!

what manager is going to come to the club with it where it is? answer me that? the only manager we will get will be another hopeless failure, EG a souness or hoddle.. a last chancer who has failed in every job they''ve had.

the board Appointed Bryan Gunn, they wont sack him, if he resigns then it will be butterworth or crook who get the job.. time to face the inevitible...

[/quote]

Idiot? F**k off, Jas. I guess you''d rather see the club go down with a whimper instead of a fight then? Inevitable my arse. It''s only inevitable because we have a complete nobody in charge. The board are at fault, but Mr Gunn is too. He didn''t even need to take the caretaker''s role - we had Tommy Wright, and to be fair, I''d rather have seen Ricky Martin take the game, Gunn is the absolute last person I would have had in charge for a game that we would win regardless.

And last chancers such as Souness or Hoddle? What I would give for one of those to be in charge of NCFC right now.

[/quote]

And don''t forget Yellows that as Head of Player Recruitment Gunn must have played a part in bringing some those players to the club. Does not say a lot about his capabilities to be a manager deoes it.

[/quote][/quote]

Easy to apportion blame isn''t it?

If he''d have kept us up this season he would have been the new hero. 

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Chunky Canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

idiot!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

Kept us up? I don''t believe we were in the relegation places when he took over.

The only thing Gunn will succeed in doing is taking us down - by far the worst managerial appointment in the club''s history, and yes worse than Hamilton IMO.

You only have to listen to his after match interviews Gunn just has not got a clue and i firmly believe if we had stuck with Roeder we would have had a far better chance of survival , the Gunn appointment has relegated us .

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Chunky Canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

idiot!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

Kept us up? I don''t believe we were in the relegation places when he took over.

The only thing Gunn will succeed in doing is taking us down - by far the worst managerial appointment in the club''s history, and yes worse than Hamilton IMO.

[/quote]But another two or three games and we would have been in the relegation places without doubt. It was only the a couple of draws and the win against Barnsley that kept us out of it. Yes appointing Bryan Gunn was the wrong thing to do - I don''t think anyone is denying that - but the mess we''re in isn''t his fault; the board have relegated us, not him.

Totally agree. It is our only hope.

Get someone in, dress it up as an "assistant" and see if they can nick three wins on the bounce like other new managers do. Paul Ince will do me. If nothing else he knows the league we are heading for....

[quote user="Beds Canary"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Chunky Canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

idiot!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But another two or three games and we would have been in the relegation places without doubt. It was only the a couple of draws and the win against Barnsley that kept us out of it.

Yes appointing Bryan Gunn was the wrong thing to do - I don''t think anyone is denying that - but the mess we''re in isn''t his fault; the board have relegated us, not him.
[/quote]

Sorry, but again, Gunn took the job, so he obviously wanted it. Therefore, he must also take the responsibility for the team''s dire performances.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Beds Canary"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Chunky Canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

idiot!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]But another two or three games and we would have been in the relegation places without doubt. It was only the a couple of draws and the win against Barnsley that kept us out of it. Yes appointing Bryan Gunn was the wrong thing to do - I don''t think anyone is denying that - but the mess we''re in isn''t his fault; the board have relegated us, not him.[/quote]

Sorry, but again, Gunn took the job, so he obviously wanted it. Therefore, he must also take the responsibility for the team''s dire performances.

[/quote]I agree with you. But you can''t really be angry

with Gunny for applying for the job - in his position, most of us would have

done the same. The board had a duty to go out there and find a manager who

could save us from relegation and they failed big time.

Relegation to Division 3 for the first time since before World War 2 makes

their position untenable - they have to go.

4 points out of a possible 21 speaks volumes twin that with the wonderful signings he brought to the club in January (Gow/Killen/Carney/McDonald/Leijer who can''t even get in our rank team, god they must be bad!) and letting Lupoli our leading scorer go shows his naivety and that he is not capable of the job!

Delia Smith your a effin" joke and destroyed this club, lack of leadership from you and your cronies has filtered all the way through the club!

I hope your proud of your achievement!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And put the club into more turmoil?

I still think Gunn was our best option at the time cause the supposedly experienced managers interested would of wanted 3 years deals, ripped the guts out of the squad and all with no guarantee of success!

That said Gunn has fallen in to the same trap as Roeder of picking his favourites rather than the best possible 11 - Cureton and Fotheringham have to go!

People must remember that if we had appointed a decent manager instead of the inept Grant or Roedernowhere, Gunn would never of been considered!

Gunn has had enough games to save us by the end of the season so he will have shoulder some responsibility, the most concerning thing is even if he did''nt win a game for the rest of the season he will still get the job for next season! What other club in the country would even contemplate that?!?!?!, NCFC is the graveyard of AMBITION!

It was ridiculous to have him as caretaker manager. Even more ridiculous to appoint him full time. The club is on the verge of its most important run-in for a long, long time and they choose to appoint someone whose never even come close to managing - not even as an assistant.

I love Gunny and from where I was sat today, you could clearly see he cared about what was going on but I''m afraid he just won''t have the nous to get us out of this.

The only reason I can see to Gunn''s appointment is the board assuming we were down and wanting to put in a figurehead who the angry mob would not turn on.

i know Sibierski was useless but if you think about it, his 2 goals (Plymouth & Doncaster) could both turn out to be very VITAL as we wnt on to win both of those games - 6 POINTS. Though they wont mean anything if we carry on at this rate :(

OTBC!

I wonder what it would cost to get a manager in for the last ten games - compared to the cost of relegation?

Look at Leicester two seasons ago. Appointed Worthy with the brief of keeping them up, which he did, and then they let him go and consequently went down last year. Point being, he''d done it before with us after Hamilton and again at LCFC. I''m not saying he''s the man for the role permanently but we simply must make the N.I board some kind of financial offer to acquire him for 10 games.

We have virtually no chance under any of this current management team, not just Gunny - none of them have current management skills in this league and for that reason, the appointments were flawed from day one. I don''t blame them and won''t feel any ill against them but it simply hasn''t worked and we''re staring very squarely down the barrels of League 1. When faced with that kind of outcome, what have we got to lose by appointing someone who can actually do the job?

gunny is clearly unsuited to footy management - i can''t imagine he''d ever get a job elsewhere - and yeah - after barnsley - he wanted a go - who wouldn''t - and the players wanted him,,,and the board listened to the players and wanted him,,,and so did many of the fans...but we look like a relegation team - and the players he brought in during jan don''t look upto the job - they add a bean to the side - only shax has answered the call...if i was gunny - i''d chuck the whole deal in now and walk...especially if my voice wasn''t the loudest and most listened too and respected in the dressing room...[:(]cov were clearly a fatigued side after 5 tough games in 2 weeks - - - and we couldn''t take advantage - indeed - while cov still had a head of steam in the first half - they bossed us...its a game we should have won - if we were credibly going to have a chance of escaping relegation...we lost - and our squad look relegation haunted...surely the legends can see and know this...and if they love NCFC like they say - they must reshuffle the managerial pack imo...yep - gunny out...sorry///

[quote user="WestMidlandCanary"]

I wonder what it would cost to get a manager in for the last ten games - compared to the cost of relegation?

Look at Leicester two seasons ago. Appointed Worthy with the brief of keeping them up, which he did, and then they let him go and consequently went down last year. Point being, he''d done it before with us after Hamilton and again at LCFC. I''m not saying he''s the man for the role permanently but we simply must make the N.I board some kind of financial offer to acquire him for 10 games.

We have virtually no chance under any of this current management team, not just Gunny - none of them have current management skills in this league and for that reason, the appointments were flawed from day one. I don''t blame them and won''t feel any ill against them but it simply hasn''t worked and we''re staring very squarely down the barrels of League 1. When faced with that kind of outcome, what have we got to lose by appointing someone who can actually do the job?

[/quote]There''s no way in a million years Worthington would come back after the way some sections of our support treated him after all he''d done for us, and rightly so. Mid-table obscurity under his reign doesn''t look quite so bad in hindsight now, does it?