Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

Gunn should resign now

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]So we can get a real manager in who can try and work a miracle in these final games.[/quote]

idiot!

what manager is going to come to the club with it where it is? answer me that? the only manager we will get will be another hopeless failure, EG a souness or hoddle.. a last chancer who has failed in every job they''ve had.

the board Appointed Bryan Gunn, they wont sack him, if he resigns then it will be butterworth or crook who get the job.. time to face the inevitible...

jas :)

I would love to know who the other 3 or 4 people we apparantly interviewed before we gave the job to Gunn (anyone know any names for definate?). If i ever emerges that we could have had someone like Boothroyd or even Dowie here and passed them up for Gunn, I will want Delia, Munby and Doncaster''s heads on spikes !!

I guess that most who wanted it before would still be interested , 0 wins in 7 is abysmal  and he really should give resignation some serious thought.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I would love to know who the other 3 or 4 people we apparantly interviewed before we gave the job to Gunn (anyone know any names for definate?). If i ever emerges that we could have had someone like Boothroyd or even Dowie here and passed them up for Gunn, I will want Delia, Munby and Doncaster''s heads on spikes !!

[/quote]

i dont think they interviewed anyone...

[/quote]

I guess we will never find out who else was interviewed.

Regardless of who the manager is and has been the club has been failing for years and it''s all now coming to a head.  The only constant has been the board.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]So we can get a real manager in who can try and work a miracle in these final games.[/quote]

idiot!

what manager is going to come to the club with it where it is? answer me that? the only manager we will get will be another hopeless failure, EG a souness or hoddle.. a last chancer who has failed in every job they''ve had.

the board Appointed Bryan Gunn, they wont sack him, if he resigns then it will be butterworth or crook who get the job.. time to face the inevitible...

[/quote]

you spot on there jas!!

[/quote]

Given the state of the club, none of those managers would have done any better than Gunn. Dowie isn''t even a good manager - he was a one season wonder at Palace and rubbish since then. No manager could have come in and turned this around - Gunn had as much chance as anyone, but it hasn''t worked out. It''s not his fault - he inherited a rubbish squad and a transfer budget of 50 pence.

[quote user="Louis"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

Given the state of the club, none of those managers would have done any better than Gunn. Dowie isn''t even a good manager - he was a one season wonder at Palace and rubbish since then. No manager could have come in and turned this around - Gunn had as much chance as anyone, but it hasn''t worked out. It''s not his fault - he inherited a rubbish squad and a transfer budget of 50 pence.

[/quote]

You may not like Dowie, and neither do I paricularly but remember, we weren''t in the bottom 3 when Gunn took over and had a half decent chance 8 games ago to get out of this, I will guarantee that we would have had a better chance of achieving that with Dowie rather than Gunn !.

Rubbish any of them would have done a better job , as for inheriting a bad squad its the one Roeder had and it wasnt in the bottom 3 , and as for money , what Gunn spent in January he seems to have totally wasted as he wont even play HIS players he got in . Gunn was a dreadfull choice and its going exactly how most people knew it would .

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Louis"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You may not like Dowie, and neither do I paricularly but remember, we weren''t in the bottom 3 when Gunn took over and had a half decent chance 8 games ago to get out of this, I will guarantee that we would have had a better chance of achieving that with Dowie rather than Gunn !.

[/quote]

No one can guaratee anything to be honest.

Our team isn''t good enough, it wasn''t under Roeder and it isn''t now.  No matter who is in charge.  You can''t polish a turd.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Louis"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Our team isn''t good enough, it wasn''t under Roeder and it isn''t now.  No matter who is in charge.  You can''t polish a turd.

[/quote]

i dunno Way, Sibierskis head always had a good shine to it ;)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

idiot!

[/quote]

Idiot? F**k off, Jas. I guess you''d rather see the club go down with a whimper instead of a fight then? Inevitable my arse. It''s only inevitable because we have a complete nobody in charge. The board are at fault, but Mr Gunn is too. He didn''t even need to take the caretaker''s role - we had Tommy Wright, and to be fair, I''d rather have seen Ricky Martin take the game, Gunn is the absolute last person I would have had in charge for a game that we would win regardless.

And last chancers such as Souness or Hoddle? What I would give for one of those to be in charge of NCFC right now.

You, it seems, are the idiot.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

idiot!

[/quote]

Idiot? F**k off, Jas. I guess you''d rather see the club go down with a whimper instead of a fight then? Inevitable my arse. It''s only inevitable because we have a complete nobody in charge. The board are at fault, but Mr Gunn is too. He didn''t even need to take the caretaker''s role - we had Tommy Wright, and to be fair, I''d rather have seen Ricky Martin take the game, Gunn is the absolute last person I would have had in charge for a game that we would win regardless.

And last chancers such as Souness or Hoddle? What I would give for one of those to be in charge of NCFC right now.

[/quote]

Don''t forget the players parts in all this.

It''s too late, Roeder ripped the guts out of the club and made us certs for relegation. Gunny and Co are doing their best. No saviour is going to come in. If it wasn''t Gunn it would be one of the other guys. Plus every last penny has already been spent. There is only one straw to cling to ---getting Evans back on loan.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

idiot!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not forgetting that at all, but with the right manager we would not be in the bottom 3 - we have a squad capable of avoiding relegation. We just have no one who knows how to use it.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

idiot!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not forgetting that at all, but with the right manager we would not be in the bottom 3 - we have a squad capable of avoiding relegation. We just have no one who knows how to use it.

[/quote]

I don''t think our squad is capable at all, if they were then we wouldn''t be where we are right now.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

idiot!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t think our squad is capable at all, if they were then we wouldn''t be where we are right now.

[/quote]

You have missed the point entirely.

Look who we have in charge and think about what you said again.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

idiot!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Believe me - any squad that has Cureton and Cort up front are not capable of avoiding relegation. But then, you could argue it''s Gunn''s job to make the changes when it isn''t working. So far his subs have been far too late to make an impact.

Our squad has proved well and truly that it isn''t good enough. I reiterate that I don''t think any manager could have come in and turned this one around. We may not have been in the bottom three when Roeder left but we were on the way there and it was only a matter of time.

We really are f*cked.

[quote user="Mark Smith"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

idiot!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Believe me - any squad that has Cureton and Cort up front are not capable of avoiding relegation. But then, you could argue it''s Gunn''s job to make the changes when it isn''t working. So far his subs have been far too late to make an impact.[/quote]

he shouldn''t even be benching Cureton let alone starting him. Yet again stinks of the old pals act.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

idiot!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]As always WAY49 has hit the nail on the head, i have said this all along that regardless who the manager is the players must shoulder some of the blame.....Marshall...lack of saves (although i still like him as our No.1 IMO)Ossyembyomoray...indifferent and lackluste (IMO)Russell....Too much head not enough heart (IMO)Fotheringham...Just pants (IMO)Lupoli...when he was here too hot headed and like a child (IMO) and yes i know he isn''t here now but never liked him with the exception of the winner he scored before he leftGow...Injured in one day waste of moneyKillen...Injured in one week waste of moneyI could go on but with the exception of Crofty, the Doc and the kids coming up the ranks (hope to see them playing regulary when we play in the 1st Div) most of them want out.I now except that without the miracle we all want we will be going down.

I suspect if it was still mean old nasty Mr Roeder in charge people wouldn''t be so quick to let the players shoulder all the blame. Looks like they''ve lost something to hide behind, then...

I don''t think resigning now would make any difference. The damage was done when he was appointed in the first place. The board now just have to sit back and swallow the medicine

If they want to do something productive then get planning for next year. Get Boothroyd on the phone and see if he would be interested in starting from scratch in league 1 and trying to rebuild this club using the remains of our current squad, the kids and any money we can scrape together after the sales of Hoolahan, Clingan etc. Then and only then will we stand a  realistic chance of bouncing back

Gunn''s clearly out his depth. Great goalie & fully deserving of all he''s done for the club & the city, but never should have been manager.

Then again, appointment wasn''t surprising given the previous two choices of Grunt & Roeder made by the board (who seem to be, from where I''m sat, very quiet these days).

Get most of the loan players the hell out - they''re using NCFC to get fit to go back to their parent clubs - & get in some people who want to play for this club.

Get Gunn back to selling raffle tickets or organising sweepstakes at the Castle Mall shop or whatever & get someone in who knows what they''re doing. Souness or the like would be fine by me.

I''ve followed this club since 1975 (Ted McDougall days) & I''ve never been so disheartened as I am by the current state of affairs.

& don''t think this shambles will stop at League 1 - clubs like Bradford City are testimony to that...

Rant over. Sorry.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Louis"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i dunno Way, Sibierskis head always had a good shine to it ;)

[/quote]

LMFAO jas, good old Mr Sheen

For me it''s all over. The teams around us are now starting to hit a bit of form, Barnsley are now picking up points, as are Southampton (especially at home). I honestly think we''ll finish below Charlton and for me it isn''t just Gunn''s fault, it''s the way the club has been run by the board since Worthington left. Though I agreed with Worthy leaving, I do not agree with the way the board has gone about its business in appointing lacklustre managers and wasting more money sacking them 8 months down the line.

It really bugs me that Gunny is going to be remembered for taking us down when in reality it''s not really his fault at all. Sack the board and start again in league 1.