Sign in to follow this  
Andy Down Under

Brett Ormerod

just speculating that with Crouch having signed somewhat inflatedly for Southampton, that Brett Ormerod maybe now surplus to requirements. We know Nige is an admirer having previous links with him, and although not quite as tall as Crouch (but then again, who is?) Ormerod is a similar type of player and is capable of scoring goals in the Premier League.
Worth a look? What would he be worth in today''s market?

Not sure Brett would be a good addition - I don''t think he has much quality; doesn''t really look a premier league player for me. However, I think you''re right that he is surely now surplus to requirements at saints given Crouch''s arrival, so might be available on the cheap.

Its quite possible that Southampton could lose James Beattie so I doubt they''d want to let Ormerod go at the moment, but I agree he would be a decent signing. Probably too pricy thugh. Can''t see him being any cheaper than Crouch really as hes certainly more proven in the prem.

Gentlemen it is probable that we must get use to the idea of Mr Scowcroft leading the line, Worthy like''s versatile players i.e. Charlton (centre back/left back) and Jamie can play on the left wing so I think this will be our man, ex-scummer but I think he would be a reasonable additon. With Primus being the last piece of the jigsaw until the transfer windows opens again