Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's Report v Coventry

If anyone detects a note of despair in this weeks report, I apologise beforehand.

On the stroll up to the match today, omens were conspicuous by there absence. No trains passing under Trowse Bridge, no single swans flying overhead in the direction of Carrow Road. It seems that even the Gods have given up on Norwich City. The season long slow motion train crash continued apace this afternoon with all the usual characters playing there by now familiar parts. The full backs were totally non exsistant for both Coventry goals and Jamie applied his usual touch to two absolute sitters inside the six yard line. It''s enough to make grown men cry. During the game against Burnley last week I remarked that the players looked as if even they did not believe they were going to turn things round. Todays performance just confirmed this in spades.

A few weeks ago I posted that we needed a "Trevor Hockey" type figure if we were going to avoid the drop. We failed to find this gritty mid field character or anyone approaching his like and we are now paying the predictable penalty. Long balls up to a big guy and chucking an untried youngster on just won''t cut it Gunny and I am surprised that you can''t see it. Before you can win a game you must make sure you don''t lose it and we are so obviously incapable of taking this on board. If we carry on like this then it''s curtains, or perhaps even "Curetons".

I will finish by congatulating Delia and the Board for finally achieving their long held ambition of matching the "Charlton Model" for we will most certainly be playing in the same league as them next season.

Desperate times at fortress CR.

Spot on Ricardo, it was spineless, no pride or passion, something which sadly will certainly lead to relegation.

We are in Freefall, and I can''t see any way of avoiding relegation.

a hockey - mendham or holty type figure - disappointed in fozzy (again) and clingan - the latter of whom failed to shine as he should have...but yeah - its league 1 i''m afraid - i just not convinced by the team that they believe they can stay up...i asked for a proven goalscorer - a sound right back and good centre back to help us stay up...we got shax in,,,not good enough legends...

I''m just shellshocked today.  This is the first time all season that I''ve really thought we ARE going down.  I''ll keep hoping though.

We should be invited for Dinner at Delia''s Brasserie, following O''Neill''s excellent example of how to apologise for fielding a carp team with no hope of winning.

Today was the straw that broke the camels back. We are relegated. I have to admit I got it so wrong in thinking Gunn would be a good appointment. We need to get shot of him I''m afraid to say. Today was one of the most depressing city days of my life, that a 31 year old, out of form player that hadn''t played regularly for over 2 years speaks volumes of our desperation. It was horribly ironic that our second best player was a defender, on loan and previously shot away from the club with a complete lack of logic or sensibility. I am an absolute mug for going to qpr tuesday.

My text to a friend at half time was that we were brainless,clueless and gutless. We were awful in the first half, though the groundsman must take some blame for the marshy area that slowed Curo down as he motored away from Ward when clean through. Anyone who continues to argue that this washed out wreck is deserving of a starting place really needs help.

In the second half we seemed to pick up some momentum following Curo''s highly amusing Charlie Chaplin routine in the box "it''s a goal! No, look Curo''s been pulled back by an invisible man, how we laughed!", and having equalised looked capable of going on to win, but our total inability to defend cost us yet again. We are done for, with an inept manager who''s only answer is to pick his mates, leave out the loanees who HE brought in, and whinge about decisions when the fact is that we were second best for most of the game and descended into farce in the last 10. I am really pleased for Bell, who should still be a City player, had he been treated properly, and who stuffed it up us in style today.Gunn''s appointment was the board''s last gamble and they''ve lost spectacularly, but unfortunately it''s us, the fans , who''ll really pay the price.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Dear oh dear. Oh dear.

[:(]

OTBC

[/quote]

Even worse Bly, it was a double "Oh Deary Me".

I now intend to spend the rest of this evening watching the boxig and getting stuck into a bottle of 12 year old Glenfiddich.

I''m at the Barclay end - were Cureton''s chances obvious sitters?  The one he scuffed wide 2nd half looked a stonewall goal but I didn''t see the other one.

[quote user="MonkeyTrousers"]I''m at the Barclay end - were Cureton''s chances obvious sitters?  The one he scuffed wide 2nd half looked a stonewall goal but I didn''t see the other one.[/quote]Does it matter? Physically speaking, Cureton has enough chance of scoring another goal this season as I do winning the lottery. He''s not scoring anywhere near enough goals to keep us up, which means he isn''t doing his job. Therefore, he should be dropped.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Agreed again Ricardo. Just another nail in the coffin I''m afraid. Looking forward to my 15% discount on my season ticket though.
[/quote]

Then you''ll be pleased to know, Graham, that the discount for next year is actually 20% ( mis-print in the sales blurb apparently ). But don''t be too surprised if the Chief Exec points out that in fact we''ll all be better off than we imagined.

So you see there''s always light at the end of the tunnel.........