Sign in to follow this  
essexcanary

There is still a chance but a slim one

There is a slim chance we can stay up,but we have played most of our easiest games and have harder ones coming up.Brian Gunn is not too blame nor is Glenn Roader,look at the close season last year and here is where it all went wrong.we could have built on the fact we survived last time and spent a bit of cash and got some quality players in .look at the pink un web site and daily we were linked with quality players only to be pipped at the post by other championship clubs ,so we went for loan players and had to take what was left available.the players who came in were players who could not get a place at their clubs.No manager could have done any better with what was on offer.Money needs to be spent and our reserve team needs to be breeding ground as it used to be and produce quality players.It looks like we will lose Croft and a few more in the close season, it will be hard to get back up as Forest ,leeds and leicester have found.But lets fight to the end which may not be far away, but we have the best supporters atb this club pity the board do not appreciate us.  

Sorry, I have been the eternal optimist so far but after yesterday we have absolutely NO chance ! As the two Ronnies would say[:(] " Its good night from me, and its goodnight from him. Goodnight - see you in league one "[:(]

I too have been adamant we would not go down. But I never expected Bell to go - and we have very little fire power up front (Grounds for striker anyone?). It has been plain for months that Roeder''s decision to promote Fotheringham to kingpin captain was a mistake and not working - but Gunn has continued the fiasco. We need a striker, someone to cross the ball into the box and a CB who can inspire and take on the captain''s role. 3 key roles we will be missing for the rest of the season I think.