Sign in to follow this  
Canary Fan

Trying to be positive

I''ve never felt driven to write on the message board before but the time has come! Walking away from the ground yesterday and mulling over the "What if''s" I started to think that maybe the best thing to happen would be relegation. Wait - hear me out! If we stay up I can only see us being in a similar dog fight next season. What will change? Where will the money come from to buy in the players we need? If we go down, we will lose all the loan players - fine. We would lose good players like Croft, Hoolihan and Clingan and anyone else who considers themselves above playing in League 1. But, hopefully we would keep a few of the experienced players like Doc, Drury and Cureton and they would be needed to bring on our youth members who are showing great promise. We''ve also got some bright prospects in the wings like the young lad from Dartford who should do well on that level and we''ll get some loanees of our own back who are currently doing well for other clubs. OK - so we stay in the lower league for a season (or two or three) to really consolidate but when we come back up we will come up with a team that are Norwich through and through with players who are proud to wear the shirt.

[quote user="Canary Fan"]I''ve never felt driven to write on the message board before but the time has come! Walking away from the ground yesterday and mulling over the "What if''s" I started to think that maybe the best thing to happen would be relegation. Wait - hear me out! If we stay up I can only see us being in a similar dog fight next season. What will change? Where will the money come from to buy in the players we need? If we go down, we will lose all the loan players - fine. We would lose good players like Croft, Hoolihan and Clingan and anyone else who considers themselves above playing in League 1. But, hopefully we would keep a few of the experienced players like Doc, Drury and Cureton and they would be needed to bring on our youth members who are showing great promise. We''ve also got some bright prospects in the wings like the young lad from Dartford who should do well on that level and we''ll get some loanees of our own back who are currently doing well for other clubs. OK - so we stay in the lower league for a season (or two or three) to really consolidate but when we come back up we will come up with a team that are Norwich through and through with players who are proud to wear the shirt.[/quote]

We were discussing this yeaterday, in fact all day and night yesterday, and have to say I agree with what you say.

Personally as other have stated before it might be a blessing in disguise, although it might be a disaster.

NCFC fans are some of the best fans in the world IMO, for loyalty, patience and quite frankly lately we all deserve medals lol.

The ride will get very bumpy in the next few weeks, anger is building towards the board, and I wouldn''t be suprised to hear a call for boycotts and protests.

To be honest regardless of wich divisionwe find ourselves  do not think any good comes of relegation and we may be shocked as to how long it takes us to recover.Not that many years since we played Oxford in the championship, now non league with Luton! having said that it is not  as though we have any choice inthematter,we must be 70% certain togo down now it is just acase of making the best of a bad job and anything could happen. We need to slash the wage bill by half and also get rid of the countless back room satff and hangers on

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]To be honest regardless of wich divisionwe find ourselves  do not think any good comes of relegation and we may be shocked as to how long it takes us to recover.Not that many years since we played Oxford in the championship, now non league with Luton! having said that it is not  as though we have any choice inthematter,we must be 70% certain togo down now it is just acase of making the best of a bad job and anything could happen. We need to slash the wage bill by half and also get rid of the countless back room satff and hangers on[/quote]

Agreed [Y]

sure - even in league 1 NCFC would be a bigger fish in the pond than we are in the champs - but even there - to harbour real ambition to progress quickly can only come from speculative investment,,,having a decent proven manager and owning 2/3rds of your own players,,,and a few proven and fit loanees,,,with a large enough squad,,,something we''ve lacked for years///you might be able to cheat at cookery - but it seems our ''cleverer'' wheezes have produced nowt but consistent failure over the past 12 years,,,our promotion season was built around a decent squad of our own players - with but a few quality and proven loanees in their prime,,,don''t hold your breath...cos its likely to be yet another 5 year plan///[:(]