Sign in to follow this  
Philipo87

Set Pieces in Yesterdays Game

During yesterdays game I was impressed by a couple of the set pieces we had.

One in the first half we had a free kick with 2 men standing over the ball and Croft a few yards back pretending he was going to blast it. The two over the ball played 2 passes between each other and croft was lining up for th blast to trick the defenders when one of the players over the ball slipped the ball wide into the box to the free man who had got away from his marker.  (cant remember who took the kick but wud imagine it was fozzy and clingan.

Then in the second half we had either a corner or a free kick in the corner where we played couple short balls and then cureton came off his marker towards then pen spot and blasted it over.

Both of these were well worked set pieces.

Crook been working hard with the lads then??

[quote user="Philipo87"]

One in the first half we had a free kick with 2 men standing over the ball and Croft a few yards back pretending he was going to blast it. The two over the ball played 2 passes between each other and croft was lining up for th blast to trick the defenders when one of the players over the ball slipped the ball wide into the box to the free man who had got away from his marker.  (cant remember who took the kick but wud imagine it was fozzy and clingan.

Then in the second half we had either a corner or a free kick in the corner where we played couple short balls and then cureton came off his marker towards then pen spot and blasted it over.

[/quote]yeah - there''s some invention there - but not as convincing as when bell used to take them and we''d score!!!

[quote user="Philipo87"]

[/quote]

I''m shocked!

[quote user="Captain Dejan (Is Injured!)"][quote user="Philipo87"]

I''m shocked!

[/quote]

Where was Paul Scholes when we needed him!