Sign in to follow this  
Michael Bates

All of a sudden you are Chris Coleman...

You are suddenly told that you can have a choice of whoever you want between both Coventry and Norwich sides... This is when it becomes clear how desperate we are and how hard it is going to be for us to pull away from this mess... If i had the choice i can only maybe think of 3-4players that i''d have... First springing to mind is Sammy Clinghan, some will disagree but i truly believe that he is a top, top class midfielder and he will be gone in the summer even if we stay up. Premiership there he goes... Right we now look elsewhere.. Marshall might mak a claim if Coleman thought he was better than his keeper(don''t know a huge amount about thier keeper). Then you look at the defence. I''m thinking that the only one that may feature is the doc.. He would be a good squad player for Coventry providing CB back-up.. Then we move onto the midfield... Would Croft make Coleman''s team, me personally i don''t rate Croft whatseover, his end product is short from any decent level and generally he just runs all day long but everything he does seems to get himself into trouble. For example against Coventry he picked the ball up, 2vs 3 and he runs diagonally towards the corner flag and then ends up lsoing the ball... No creativity in the guy. Then i look at Russel... Not sure he would fit the bill with a starting place. Gunnarson is a good quality midfielder and i''d have him starting.. Then you look at Hollahan, i think he could possibly do a job.. He really does have the quality, but you need a top notch left back who can handle alot of pressure are Wes is vunlerable and he isn''t exactly great at tracking back and defending even though i admire where he gets his foot stuck in and wins a fair share of balls back when he looses it... Then well i''m not going to even mention the forwards. But i might be inclined to replace Best and have Cort upfront with Morrisson.... And theres me done... About 3 players i might have starting.. And its not as if im talkign about a side who are regarded as a top championship side.. Then are within what i would call Mediocre sides who fall mid-table and see themselves in play-offs during the season... In reality our squad is appalling in depth and needs sorting out. What kind of long-term plan do we actually have? None to my knowledge.. Most managers would seek through their youth system and hope to churn out some players for the future and with their low wages to help them out when finances simply aren''t availiable but we all know that Norwich recently haven''t been finding or promoting any great youths like we used to back in the day... It''s a tough problem we have and i can''t see us back to where we were a few years ago where we were regarded as a very tough side to beat who played good football... I dread to say it but i think the only route to sorting it out is getting investment and thats not looking too likely to come.. Especially in the financial mentdown in the economy... So maybe we will have to have a few hard seasons in league 1 in mid-table until we can rgadually build a side to get back up and challanging.... I know i am talking very negative and i am still backing Norwich to do something and get out of this mess but in reality im trying to look long term and its hard to say its looking exactly anything special :( COMEON City!!!!! Lets do it again this season and try and do something in the summer, maybe have to sell what i would say is the best central midfielder i have seen in a Norwich shirt in my opinion for the last ten years in Clinghan and bring back Martin and Spillane and try and work something out :)

coventry were better than us in every department it was men against boys  they were bigger, stronger, faster  not one of our players would get in that team it was embarrasing  [:$]