Sign in to follow this  
jim blair

Fotheringham

Here we go again..told you all at the start of the season that any side with him in the team would be relegated..it is the eqivelent of playing with 10 men or worse..was bloody awful again today. And before the why always blame Fozzy brigade start, yes we do have other poor players,but this guy is the worst Norwich city captain i have seen in 42 years of watching. if there is to be a miracle this season it wont be with this imposter in the team,that is for sure

[quote user="jim blair"]

Here we go again..told you all at the start of the season that any side with him in the team would be relegated..it is the eqivelent of playing with 10 men or worse..was bloody awful again today. And before the why always blame Fozzy brigade start, yes we do have other poor players,but this guy is the worst Norwich city captain i have seen in 42 years of watching. if there is to be a miracle this season it wont be with this imposter in the team,that is for sure

[/quote]we all know he is CR8P

I agree but it’s a whole bunch of players that are guilty of bring this club to the brink of relegation to league 1Otsemobor: awful, out of position constantly couldn''t pass water and is without doubt the biggest waste of pace I''ve ever seen.Cureton: The only thing you can say about Jamie in his defence is that it’s not his fault the manger keeps picking him. His few goal are far out weighed by the numerous miss that a decent striker would have notched.Russell: couldn''t control a bag of sand. Has, to be fair had to play out of position at times but it''s hard to work out what his real position is cos it isn''t as a Championship midfielder.Marshall: Poor goal again last week and that just one of ten to fifteen cock ups he''s made that have cost us goals. Can''t kick and isn''t anywhere near the player some have touted his as.Croft: For me the biggest fraud in the team (Also the hardest tryer along with Hoolahan) Today was yet another performance where he failed to deliver one good cross. Strangely 75% of our attack start and finish with Crofty. And often cost us on the counter attack.I could go on but what’s the point. The above players are, along with the worst Captain we have ever had the most picked of our misfits and substandard players.There is as we all know also a string of loanees who have feature occasionally who have also under performed, never delivered or just haven’t had the ability required to play Championship football at a level required to avoid the drop.Fotheringham is an awful player. But he ain''t alone!

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"]So he might be an average player but the way the crowd cheered and treated him when he went off  was way out of order .[/quote]When some people have had to think long and hard whether they can afford to commit there families money to supporting Norwich City next year. Can you really blame some people for booing an over paid fraud. The guy will be on a minimum of £5000 a week. Most of the fans haven''t earnt that yet this year. Booing isn''t my bag but I can see no problem with them letting a player, nay the captain know just how bad they think/thought he was. He will lose nothing from his performance today or this season. He will either remain at CR being over paid in League 1 or move to another team who have as bad a scouting system as we do. Either way  he will get paid far more a week than you, me and all bar 1% of the crowd at CR, most of who in the current climate will have to balance their finances carefully to continue to give the outstanding support they already do.

Not one to point the finger at any individual and have thought this guy has had a lot of bad press recently. All I will add is tomorrow when you see the goals on the Championship lokk who backs out of 50/50s to lose any chance of us getting possesion.

To be honest this guy should have been sub at half time for his own good.

quote user="jim blair"

Maybe so but he ai,nt the only one

Semmy, awful and in a coma most of the time

Cureton, oh dear

Hoolahan, tries hard but does nothing,too small,too slow and no right foot.....crap

Croft, runs around a lot and this fools the stupid supporters....overated

Russel,loose canon,never creates anything

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"]So he might be an avarage player but the way the crowd cheered and treated him when he went off  was way out of order .[/quote]Average is being a bit kind.Actually normally I''d agree with you, I don''t like to see fans get on their players'' backs in that manner - but I''m sorry, this guy is our captain, he seems to have an over-inflated opinion of his own ability, blames everyone but himself, and then storms off down the tunnel in a sulk when he is subbed. Not only is he a crap footballer he seems to be a grade-A tosser as well. I think the reaction he got was thoroughly deserved and given the money he must be on to play like that I don''t have any sympathy for him at all.

Fotheringham epitomises us at the moment he is truly terrible. How he is still playing in the team is beyond me.

I’ve been critical of how deep he has played recently, today someone put a rocket up his a**e and I thought he was playing further up the field – good news. But it turns out weather he sits in front of the back four, sidewards backwards passing, or plays further forwards, he still offers up the same rubbish.

Missed two great chances, even if one was handball, he should have buried it. Gave the ball away constantly, the game passed him by frequently, ducked out of 50 50, and when we needed leadership our captain was nowhere to be seen.

Yes, Semi is awful, Cureton is having a nightmare, obviously I could list almost every player but as captain, and in the centre of midfield he has added responsibility and in my opinion he is the worst of the bunch.  

I’ve hated he’s performances all year but haven’t commented on here, but the final straw was when he was substituted. As captain of this football club in dire times do you try to get the boys going as you jog off, or do you run off to save precious time? No, neither, you sulk off slowly, blank the bench, storm off down the tunnel and smash the ‘Norwich City’ sign above the tunnel on your way.

That is disrespectful to the club, his teamates, his manager and the fans.

As I said that man epitomises us at present, not good enough in any way.

[quote user="The Original Pinkun Poster"]

Not one to point the finger at any individual and have thought this guy has had a lot of bad press recently. All I will add is tomorrow when you see the goals on the Championship lokk who backs out of 50/50s to lose any chance of us getting possesion.

To be honest this guy should have been sub at half time for his own good.

[/quote] he has never won a 50/50 yet how the hell Gunn and Roeder cant and couldnt see it is incrediable

I''ve often though Fotheringham gets more stick than warranted, but he was awful today.  After 10 minutes, he stood aside and let a Cov player through on goal unchallenged.  He almost gave away a goal in the second half after needlessly conceding possession.  I think he''s already got his mind on which club he''s joining in the summer.

Its difficult to actually see what he brings to the party anyway.  Its even more baffling to understand why he''s still captain.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Armitage Shanks"]So he might be an average player but the way the crowd cheered and treated him when he went off  was way out of order .[/quote]When some people have had to think long and hard whether they can afford to commit there families money to supporting Norwich City next year. Can you really blame some people for booing an over paid fraud. The guy will be on a minimum of £5000 a week. Most of the fans haven''t earnt that yet this year. Booing isn''t my bag but I can see no problem with them letting a player, nay the captain know just how bad they think/thought he was. He will lose nothing from his performance today or this season. He will either remain at CR being over paid in League 1 or move to another team who have as bad a scouting system as we do. Either way  he will get paid far more a week than you, me and all bar 1% of the crowd at CR, most of who in the current climate will have to balance their finances carefully to continue to give the outstanding support they already do.[/quote]Well he is just another scape goat ,and no wonder the guy is struggling every time he gets the ball you can feel the crowd ready to jump on him,and if i can sense it i''m sure as hell he can.Still no way to treat your own players ,sorry but that is my opinion

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Armitage Shanks"]So he might be an average player but the way the crowd cheered and treated him when he went off  was way out of order .
[/quote]
When some people have had to think long and hard whether they can afford to commit there families money to supporting Norwich City next year. Can you really blame some people for booing an over paid fraud. The guy will be on a minimum of £5000 a week. Most of the fans haven''t earnt that yet this year.

Booing isn''t my bag but I can see no problem with them letting a player, nay the captain know just how bad they think/thought he was.

He will lose nothing from his performance today or this season. He will either remain at CR being over paid in League 1 or move to another team who have as bad a scouting system as we do. Either way  he will get paid far more a week than you, me and all bar 1% of the crowd at CR, most of who in the current climate will have to balance their finances carefully to continue to give the outstanding support they already do.
[/quote]

Well he is just another scape goat ,and no wonder the guy is struggling every time he gets the ball you can feel the crowd ready to jump on him,and if i can sense it i''m sure as hell he can.
Still no way to treat your own players ,sorry but that is my opinion
[/quote]

and it is an opinion you are fully entitled to, as a supposed pro he has to be able to handle a bit of that ,when he gives nothing to the supporters who pay his obscene wages every week

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Armitage Shanks"]So he might be an average player but the way the crowd cheered and treated him when he went off  was way out of order .
[/quote]
When some people have had to think long and hard whether they can afford to commit there families money to supporting Norwich City next year. Can you really blame some people for booing an over paid fraud. The guy will be on a minimum of £5000 a week. Most of the fans haven''t earnt that yet this year.

Booing isn''t my bag but I can see no problem with them letting a player, nay the captain know just how bad they think/thought he was.

He will lose nothing from his performance today or this season. He will either remain at CR being over paid in League 1 or move to another team who have as bad a scouting system as we do. Either way  he will get paid far more a week than you, me and all bar 1% of the crowd at CR, most of who in the current climate will have to balance their finances carefully to continue to give the outstanding support they already do.
[/quote]

Well he is just another scape goat ,and no wonder the guy is struggling every time he gets the ball you can feel the crowd ready to jump on him,and if i can sense it i''m sure as hell he can.
[/quote]

I don''t care what abuse he gets and it wasn''t that bad. As captain of this football club at this moment in time, storming off down the tunnel is unacceptable. What ever your personal feelings you stay and support the rest of your team.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]I agree but it’s a whole bunch of players that are guilty of bring this club to the brink of relegation to league 1

Otsemobor: awful, out of position constantly couldn''t pass water and is without doubt the biggest waste of pace I''ve ever seen.

Cureton: The only thing you can say about Jamie in his defence is that it’s not his fault the manger keeps picking him. His few goal are far out weighed by the numerous miss that a decent striker would have notched.

Russell: couldn''t control a bag of sand. Has, to be fair had to play out of position at times but it''s hard to work out what his real position is cos it isn''t as a Championship midfielder.

Marshall: Poor goal again last week and that just one of ten to fifteen cock ups he''s made that have cost us goals. Can''t kick and isn''t anywhere near the player some have touted his as.

Croft: For me the biggest fraud in the team (Also the hardest tryer along with Hoolahan) Today was yet another performance where he failed to deliver one good cross. Strangely 75% of our attack start and finish with Crofty. And often cost us on the counter attack.

I could go on but what’s the point. The above players are, along with the worst Captain we have ever had the most picked of our misfits and substandard players.

There is as we all know also a string of loanees who have feature occasionally who have also under performed, never delivered or just haven’t had the ability required to play Championship football at a level required to avoid the drop.

Fotheringham is an awful player. But he ain''t alone!

[/quote]

Have to agree with most of this but Croft? Him and Hoolahan are the hardest working players on the pitch. Croft failed to deliver one good cross? Funny I saw several and some that didn''t meet their target were put out for corners that our so called strikers failed to score from. For me Crofty''s biggest let down again today was the lack of support from Semmy.

[quote user="Jimbo_Jet_Set"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t care what abuse he gets and it wasn''t that bad. As captain of this football club at this moment in time, storming off down the tunnel is unacceptable. What ever your personal feelings you stay and support the rest of your team.

[/quote]

Very well said.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It doesn''t all fall at the feet of one player but Mark Fotheringham is the captain of our team. Thus meaning  1) being a leader on the pitch and 2) Setting an example to the rest of the team. The team certainly have been following point 2)! Unfortunatley Fozzy is truly awful week in and week out.

By far the worst player for years -worse enen than Andy Hughes. He lost the ball that led to their goal. He headed another into the danger area when he should have headed it out.

Again he was so woefully inadequate that he looked like someone who had won a game with Norwich City in an executive raffle rather than a professional footballer. He chased shadows and his overall lack of ability means Clingan has to do two jobs in the centre of the midfield.

If he never plays for Norwich again it will be too soon. Russell and Pattinson are far better than ''our No.16''. His leadership ability is nil and he is as motivational as an archeologist!

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"]So he might be an avarage player but the way the crowd cheered and treated him when he went off  was way out of order .
[/quote]

What did you expect them to dom clap him off and cheer, he is dire, he deserved that reception

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Armitage Shanks"]So he might be an avarage player but the way the crowd cheered and treated him when he went off  was way out of order .[/quote]
Average is being a bit kind.

Actually normally I''d agree with you, I don''t like to see fans get on their players'' backs in that manner - but I''m sorry, this guy is our captain, he seems to have an over-inflated opinion of his own ability, blames everyone but himself, and then storms off down the tunnel in a sulk when he is subbed. Not only is he a crap footballer he seems to be a grade-A tosser as well. I think the reaction he got was thoroughly deserved and given the money he must be on to play like that I don''t have any sympathy for him at all.
[/quote]

Agree 100% Graham

Don''t blame Fotheringham. He gets picked and he does his best. Shame it''s rarely enough. The really depressing thing is that so many others believe Fotheringham cannot - and never will -  make the grade and yet Gunn is following Roeder''s blind faith in him. Wake up Gunny - and smell the hotdogs!

Fotheringham is the highest earner at the club I believe (much, much more than the aforementioned 5k a week) and I can only say thank f*ck he only signs one year deals, so he can finally sod off in June.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Fotheringham is the highest earner at the club I believe (much, much more than the aforementioned 5k a week) and I can only say thank f*ck he only signs one year deals, so he can finally sod off in June.[/quote]How the hell would you know that alex ,or are you second guessing.

Grade "A" prick and he should never wear the shirt again!. P poor performance week in week out as I have said before and even if we go down I would rather see one of the kids out of the crowd given an opportunity!

Can people not see that there was no difference between Fozzy and clingan????   The comments about Fozzy not challenging,  passing sideways, lacking committment ALL applied to clingan today too.  They,  and too many of the team,  are simply too lightweight to compete in this league.  The powderpuff twins I now call them

Both look pretty going sideways but neither close down and neither win possession.  We cede ground in the middle of the park and the most ever present has been Sammy Sideways.

Both can be better,  and sammy has had games this season when he as looked awesome.  He has not done so for a dozen games or so.   And we have no alternatives to either.  And that is why we will not avoid relegation.

The problem is that they don''t compliment each other (from a football point of view, that is).

We need someone in there alongside Clingan who can get up and down the pitch and give other teams something to worry about. Unfortunately Fotheringham never gets close to anything and it''s usually Clingan carrying the centre of the park by himself.

There were times today when Coventry were on the attack and rather than being in the thick of the action Fotheringham was the highest player up the pitch (other than Curo and Cort) and only gently jogging back. When he needed to be busting a gut to help us out.

How many times this season have we seen Clingan chase back to cut out the danger? A lot more than Fotheringham, that is for sure.

No surprise that it''s Clingan getting linked with a big move in the summer. He''s a class act. Fotheringham isn''t.

[quote user="GJP"]

The problem is that they don''t compliment each other (from a football point of view, that is).

[/quote]

Totally agree GJP, they do not compliment each other,  but for the last three home games it still remains no good performances from either but Fozzy being the better player in 2 of them.

Sammy is not a class act - although he has been much much better than this -  like the rest of the central midfield team we have he is simply too inconsistent and cant be bothered and a key part of why we will now get relegated.