Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

Killen, Gow, Leijer, Carney

Quite simply what was the point in signing these players??? Ok we need a squad but we have Pattison, Lappin, Russel, Eagle, Renton, Bertrand who are not playing. This is such a waste of money. I''d far rather rely on the youth players than sign a bunch of loans and then not play them. Carney clearly can cross a ball - we have a big target man up front in Cort. Surely someone who could cross would be welcomed. Croft tries hard but his crosses rarely cause problems. Gow must be given a chance now instead of Cureton and as for Leijer - I''m guessing he isn''t up to the job - is this another loan player we''ve signed and then realised he isn''t good enough for the league??? A waste of yet more money.....!!

Absolutely, whether you agree with the quality of the signings or not it is hard to get your head around the logic of bringing in players who are simply not match fit with just a few games of the season left. It was the same with Cort albeit that there WAS time for him to get fit prior to the run in. The policy of signing mediocre loan players has killed this club, simple as.

agreed - carney is the only one to have shown any form - and that was a cameo off the subs bench against wolves...we needed a rb,cb and striker...in the absence of purse - shax is probably the next best choice - but how sad that semmy has no competition...will he be part of league one best 11 next season - cos if thats the standard we should do well...our strike force is currently old, washed up, shot shy, virtually goalless and/or unfit...great///who will score the 10-15 goals we need to saty up - and can our defence ever keep a clean sheet???

They are/were signed to keep us happy. To pacify us at the time. To pretend/attempt to convince us that the board are in control of thing and making things happen. As a smoke screen. To pull the wool over our eyes. To divert our attention and defuse the situation. To make it look like they know what to do.Shall I gone on. Thats why we signed them on loan.

It''s difficult to argue with any of this. The question to Gunn has to be: Are you deliberately taking the p*** or do you just not know what you''re doing?

Unfortunately, I think we are all becoming aware of the answer.

And the board must take responsibility for appointing him.

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]Quite simply what was the point in signing these players??? Ok we need a squad but we have Pattison, Lappin, Russel, Eagle, Renton, Bertrand who are not playing. This is such a waste of money. I''d far rather rely on the youth players than sign a bunch of loans and then not play them. Carney clearly can cross a ball - we have a big target man up front in Cort. Surely someone who could cross would be welcomed. Croft tries hard but his crosses rarely cause problems. Gow must be given a chance now instead of Cureton and as for Leijer - I''m guessing he isn''t up to the job - is this another loan player we''ve signed and then realised he isn''t good enough for the league??? A waste of yet more money.....!![/quote]

Gow scored quite a few goals at Blackpool so not sure why he doesn''t play as he is fit again. As for the rest, waste of money if they don''t play!

Trouble is poor Gunny was given the job after one win and the last 3 goals came right at the end. The real question is who is going to lead us out of Division 1 next season. When the board sacked Grant they said we needed an experienced manager and then replaced Roeder with poor Gunny!