Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Gunn Canary Call interview

As i drove home from the game last night dejected as was everyone else as usual i put on canary call. i was really sad to hear the interview of a great guy and club legend. He did not really know what to say and sounded shell shocked.It reminded me of the latter days of Peter Grant.Gunns appointment was always going to be spectacular either as a success or failure.We hoped for the former but reality is that it will be the latter.He may even be gone before the end of the season as at this rate we may incredidably be relegated with the  or four games to go.I am getting my head around next season now after renewing my tickets.It does frighten me alittle and i go now more out of habit rather than fun as i can count on the fingers of one hand how many games i have enjoyed over the last couple of seasons. There again relegation could see the green shoots of recovery, hope is everything

good for you yc...we all choose how to express ourselves,,,and you seem to be adjusting well to possibly the new reality of league 1 footy,,,i must admit - - - i am struggling with it thus far...

Didnt listen to the interview, couldnt bare it. It sounds like Gunn knows his chips are down, when you have no answers you have no solution. Not entirley his fault but everyone involved knows the club will get relegated under his tenure. I dont think he seriously considered this when he took the job and now reality has sunken in. Hopefully he will hand in his resiganation today in time for a new appointment for QPR. Its the only lifeline we have left, that and Ched Evens.

It''s Bryans fault. He''ll always be a great man and a credit to the whole city...... but he isn''t a football manager, never has been, and even if he was to become one, a championship relegation fight is not a training ground.

Once again, for the hundreth time, clueless decision making by our cosy board is our downfall.

It''s not Bryans fault. He''ll always be a great man and a credit to the whole city...... but he isn''t a football manager, never has been, and even if he was to become one, a championship relegation fight is not a training ground.

Once again, for the hundreth time, clueless decision making by our cosy board is our downfall.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]Didnt listen to the interview, couldnt bare it. It sounds like Gunn knows his chips are down, when you have no answers you have no solution. Not entirley his fault but everyone involved knows the club will get relegated under his tenure. I dont think he seriously considered this when he took the job and now reality has sunken in. Hopefully he will hand in his resiganation today in time for a new appointment for QPR. Its the only lifeline we have left, that and Ched Evens.[/quote]

1. we wont get ched evans

2. if Gunn resigns Crook or Butterworth will get the job

3. it wont change a thing, the players are not good enouh for this division. FACT

a new manager from outside the club will want a 4 year contract and to bring in his own staff.. where is the money going to come from to fire Gunn, Deehan, Crook, Crichton and Butterworth after only a few weeks?

we need to conduct interviews, negotiate compensation, the new manager wouldnt have any money to spend, wont be able to attract quality loans and would have the same league 1 sside to work with that we have now.... so what would change? nothing..

face it, Gunns here for the rest of the season as we can''t afford to act now.. its too little, to late.. he might resign but expect utterworth or Crook to get the job "for the foresseable future" eg until the end of th season.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]Didnt listen to the interview, couldnt bare it. It sounds like Gunn knows his chips are down, when you have no answers you have no solution. Not entirley his fault but everyone involved knows the club will get relegated under his tenure. I dont think he seriously considered this when he took the job and now reality has sunken in. Hopefully he will hand in his resiganation today in time for a new appointment for QPR. Its the only lifeline we have left, that and Ched Evens.[/quote]

3. it wont change a thing, the players are not good enouh for this division. FACT

a new manager from outside the club will want a 4 year contract and to bring in his own staff.. where is the money going to come from to fire Gunn, Deehan, Crook, Crichton and Butterworth after only a few weeks?

we need to conduct interviews, negotiate compensation, the new manager wouldnt have any money to spend, wont be able to attract quality loans and would have the same league 1 sside to work with that we have now.... so what would change? nothing..

face it, Gunns here for the rest of the season as we can''t afford to act now.. its too little, to late.. he might resign but expect utterworth or Crook to get the job "for the foresseable future" eg until the end of th season.

[/quote]

We have to try something Jas? If Gunn resigns it would at least give us a chance.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]As i drove home from the game last night dejected as was everyone else as usual i put on canary call. i was really sad to hear the interview of a great guy and club legend. He did not really know what to say and sounded shell shocked.It reminded me of the latter days of Peter Grant.Gunns appointment was always going to be spectacular either as a success or failure.We hoped for the former but reality is that it will be the latter.He may even be gone before the end of the season as at this rate we may incredidably be relegated with the  or four games to go.I am getting my head around next season now after renewing my tickets.It does frighten me alittle and i go now more out of habit rather than fun as i can count on the fingers of one hand how many games i have enjoyed over the last couple of seasons. There again relegation could see the green shoots of recovery, hope is everything[/quote]

Gunny knew the risks that it could all end in tears when he took on the job. My memory of yesterday was not the post match interview, but the sight of a former player standing in the technical area all suited and booted but looking totally lost.it was that sight that finally made me realise all was lost for my football club. I think he just thought he could possibly help the club he loves, but now knows he can''t. It was a synical appointment by the board to divert the flak from themselves.

Shame on you (the board) for appointing a man who reputation is now tarnished, and most of all shame on you for destroying our football club.  

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

We have to try something Jas? If Gunn resigns it would at least give us a chance.

[/quote]

Exactly, TCF! I would much prefer Butterworth/Crook in charge than Gunn. At least they have SOME coaching experience - Gunn''s coaching experience stretches as far as those GK days for kids.

[quote user="Norwich R Us"]It''s not Bryans fault. He''ll always be a great man and a credit to the whole city...... but he isn''t a football manager, never has been, and even if he was to become one, a championship relegation fight is not a training ground.

Once again, for the hundreth time, clueless decision making by our cosy board is our downfall.[/quote]Isn''t Bryan just the ''''face'''' of our new management team?There''s four guys involved there, who actually says Gunn gets the final word?

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Norwich R Us"]It''s not Bryans fault. He''ll always be a great man and a credit to the whole city...

... but he isn''t a football manager, never has been, and even if he was to become one, a championship relegation fight is not a training ground.

[/quote]

Isn''t Bryan just the ''''face'''' of our new management team?

There''s four guys involved there, who actually says Gunn gets the final word?
[/quote]

The fact that he is the manager, stands on the touchline and makes substitutions perhaps?!

What a stupid assessment.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Norwich R Us"]It''s not Bryans fault. He''ll always be a great man and a credit to the whole city...... but he isn''t a football manager, never has been, and even if he was to become one, a championship relegation fight is not a training ground.

Once again, for the hundreth time, clueless decision making by our cosy board is our downfall.[/quote]Isn''t Bryan just the ''''face'''' of our new management team?There''s four guys involved there, who actually says Gunn gets the final word?[/quote]

The fact that he is the manager, stands on the touchline and makes substitutions perhaps?!

[/quote]Keegan stood on the touchline and made the substitutions...

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Norwich R Us"]It''s not Bryans fault. He''ll always be a great man and a credit to the whole city...

... but he isn''t a football manager, never has been, and even if he was to become one, a championship relegation fight is not a training ground.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Keegan stood on the touchline and made the substitutions...
[/quote]

Yeah and? He made those decisions, he might not have made team selection, but the subs were down to him.

But we can''t even say Gunn isn''t making the team selection - he so blatantly is - think about it, he has been here all along (Crook, Butterworthy and Deehan would not have seen our team play in recent seasons) so it is clearly Gunn picking the team - and he is making the same mistakes, over and over again - picking his favourites, players who just cannot play football.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="AJ"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Norwich R Us"]It''s not Bryans fault. He''ll always be a great man and a credit to the whole city...... but he isn''t a football manager, never has been, and even if he was to become one, a championship relegation fight is not a training ground.

Once again, for the hundreth time, clueless decision making by our cosy board is our downfall.[/quote]Isn''t Bryan just the ''''face'''' of our new management team?There''s four guys involved there, who actually says Gunn gets the final word?[/quote]

[/quote]Keegan stood on the touchline and made the substitutions...[/quote]

Yeah and? He made those decisions, he might not have made team selection, but the subs were down to him.

But we can''t even say Gunn isn''t making the team selection - he so blatantly is - think about it, he has been here all along (Crook, Butterworthy and Deehan would not have seen our team play in recent seasons) so it is clearly Gunn picking the team - and he is making the same mistakes, over and over again - picking his favourites, players who just cannot play football.

[/quote]I still disagree, there''s practically a 4 person management team there, and whether Gunn is making the substitutions or not, the fact is picking the team would be in debate between all four of them. It doesn''t matter whether Crook, Butterworth or Deehan have seen us play over the past seasons; we still don''t have a squad of our own anyway, so what have they missed out on?! Fresh coaches, like Crook, Butterworth and Deehan are the ones who can make better insights to the current climate of our position. I expect it''s a team effort in the management field.

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="AJ"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Keegan stood on the touchline and made the substitutions...
[/quote]

[/quote]

I still disagree, there''s practically a 4 person management team there, and whether Gunn is making the substitutions or not, the fact is picking the team would be in debate between all four of them. It doesn''t matter whether Crook, Butterworth or Deehan have seen us play over the past seasons; we still don''t have a squad of our own anyway, so what have they missed out on?! Fresh coaches, like Crook, Butterworth and Deehan are the ones who can make better insights to the current climate of our position. I expect it''s a team effort in the management field.
[/quote]

Then they are all Bl***DY useless then!!

Did anyone really expect that making the odd-job man the manager was going to lead to our salvation? Gunny got the job because no competent manager would take us on and he''ll be the one that the history books will record as the manager who took us down.

In the summer Butterworth will be appointed manager (he has League one expereience), Deehan will be appointed his assistant with Crook as coach. Gunny wil revert back to his post as chief scout, sorry, head of player recruitment. This way Butterworth is untainted by relegation and can make a fresh start for us based on the club''s younger players with a few old, experienced heads to help them through the sticky patches.

It will be seasons before we return and who knows we might even avoid dropping straight through to League 2.   

Gunn should go first thing Monday morning just to give the club an outside chance of turning it round .

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Gunn should go first thing Monday morning just to give the club an outside chance of turning it round .
[/quote]

How is Gunn leaving going to make a difference? Face it the players aren''t good enough. You could get the worlds best manager in tomorrow but it won''t change a thing. You take a horse to water but you can''t make it drink. The players and the board''s lack of ambition are to blame, end of!

[quote user="Barclay Boy"]

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Gunn should go first thing Monday morning just to give the club an outside chance of turning it round .
[/quote]

How is Gunn leaving going to make a difference? Face it the players aren''t good enough. You could get the worlds best manager in tomorrow but it won''t change a thing. You take a horse to water but you can''t make it drink. The players and the board''s lack of ambition are to blame, end of!

[/quote]

Add Gunn to that list. Then it''s end of. He is just as accountable. He must have known what a gamble it was, but he still took the job. Likewise, he must surely now know he is out of his depth. If he doesn''t, then clearly we''re f***ed anyway.

Gunns the one picking the team and not even trying anything different , imo he is the worst manager this club has ever had a complete joke of an appointment .

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Gunns the one picking the team and not even trying anything different , imo he is the worst manager this club has ever had a complete joke of an appointment .
[/quote]

So OK clever clogs who should have been put in charge? Like I said the team is not strong enough to survive in this league. It wouldn''t matter if Alex Fergusson was picking the team the result would be the same! I am not saying Gunn was the right man for the job but the squad as a whole is crap.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Barclay Boy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Add Gunn to that list. Then it''s end of. He is just as accountable. He must have known what a gamble it was, but he still took the job. Likewise, he must surely now know he is out of his depth. If he doesn''t, then clearly we''re f***ed anyway.

[/quote]

I am sure your right Alex he must have known but you can hardly blame Gunn for the last few years of crap at Carrow Road? He is the new scape goat, someone to moan about. Face it Alex, the squad is crap and club have no ambition.

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Age Hariede .
[/quote]

Fella you could have put God in charge, wouldn''t have changed the outcome I am afraid. I am sure he is a good coach but his club level management is limited to Norway, yes I know he was an ex NCFC player and managed Norway etc. He would be the same gamble as Gunn, Crook & Butters

Digby, Bryan''s reputation is not tarnished for me. I have known the man a long time (I used to do fund raising for his Leukaemia appeal). Nothing he could do as a manager would tarnish his reputation as a sincere and honourable man. He''s taken on an impossible task and tried his best with the odds stacked against him. As I said an honourable man.

The board on the other hand are nothing like Bryan Gunn.

[quote user="Barclay Boy"]

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Gunns the one picking the team and not even trying anything different , imo he is the worst manager this club has ever had a complete joke of an appointment .
[/quote]

So OK clever clogs who should have been put in charge? Like I said the team is not strong enough to survive in this league. It wouldn''t matter if Alex Fergusson was picking the team the result would be the same! I am not saying Gunn was the right man for the job but the squad as a whole is crap.

[/quote]

Exactly right, sadly you can''t polish a turd.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Digby, Bryan''s reputation is not tarnished for me. I have known the man a long time (I used to do fund raising for his Leukaemia appeal). Nothing he could do as a manager would tarnish his reputation as a sincere and honourable man. He''s taken on an impossible task and tried his best with the odds stacked against him. As I said an honourable man. The board on the other hand are nothing like Bryan Gunn.[/quote]

Here here, always will be a legend in my eyes.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Digby, Bryan''s reputation is not tarnished for me. I have known the man a long time (I used to do fund raising for his Leukaemia appeal). Nothing he could do as a manager would tarnish his reputation as a sincere and honourable man. He''s taken on an impossible task and tried his best with the odds stacked against him. As I said an honourable man. The board on the other hand are nothing like Bryan Gunn.[/quote]

Like Gazza I have met Gunny several times and also helped raise a few thousands for his leukaemia appeal. I wouldnt think any less of him if we go down although I have to be honest and say he has made a few mistakes which haven''t helped us. Playing Roeder''s team and not the 4 he brought in being the main one, pursueing with Jamie being another and not changinf games with subs early enough being the last. I put that down to his in experience which also shone through in his post match interview where he sounded well out of his depth.

Shame!