Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Last days for this Board

The board has been losing credibility for years but i sense things have at long last come to a head. The Grant and Roader appointments really put pressure on the Board and the replacement of Roader was i think their last chance to save their skins and their cash. They havemade abad decision, a calculated gamble but one that has failed. When it is certain ather than probable that we will  go down then i do expect the atmosphere to get very unpleasant at Carrow Road. The fans will not turn on poor old Gunny who has been sadley a naive pawn in this tragic game but the vast majority of fans will want all of this incompetent Board out  and we will see a retun to the " Chase Out Days" As aclub we cannot move forward until this group of bafoons make way for someone else even if this means administration andstarting again from scratch. Delia is a fan but her part in this tragedy will make her a very unwelcome individual at future games and events soon and she will disappear from the scene. She has surrounded herself with well paid bafoons too and all the  Board must be swept away. After the shock comes the Anger and it is buliding up now

Just because you''re a majority shareholder doesn''t mean you have to be on the Board and equally nothing to say that you have to own lots of shares to have a place on the Board (how many do Munby and Doncaster own?).  There''s nothing to stop the present Board from stepping down.  There would then have to be an EGM to elect new Board members. Mind you, we''d still be £20 million in debt!

I am adjusting to the prospect of league 1, not certain i know but probably. the point about the board is that regardless of if they find a buyer i think they will be "hounded out". I do not particularly advocate this but i just think recent events will bring this to a head. I remember Chase and the  Chase out days and to be honest he had more vision and and idea as to how to run afootball club than this bunch of clowns. He is history i know but really only got things badly wrong the one season we got relegated this lot by and large have made a habbit of it. They cannot even be complimented for the  worthington years as he picked himself after afew successful games in temporary charge

I have heard from a very good source that there is a split in the boardroom though not at fatal levels [unfortunately]. Reading inbetween the lines, it appears that other board members are now realising that Delia is the problem as in terms of the club attracting outside funds. She is not rated - but what are the board going to do?

As I''ve been saying on here for ages - businessmen will not invest serious money while she is at the club because they don''t rate her and don''t trust her with the cash. With her refusal to play ball, she has now painted herself and the club into the corner with dire consequences.

[quote user="komakino"]I have heard from a very good source that there is a split in the boardroom though not at fatal levels [unfortunately]. Reading inbetween the lines, it appears that other board members are now realising that Delia is the problem as in terms of the club attracting outside funds. She is not rated - but what are the board going to do? As I''ve been saying on here for ages - businessmen will not invest serious money while she is at the club because they don''t rate her and don''t trust her with the cash. With her refusal to play ball, she has now painted herself and the club into the corner with dire consequences.[/quote]

I despise the board for many reasons, but I have to say that if the divide and anti feeling for Delia was that big a deal then board members would be selling their shares.

There hasn''t been harmony in the boardroom for a while. Barry Skipper and Foulger were somewhat isolated from the others around two years ago. Skipper jumped ship when the Turners bought in but we all know how that urned out. Mr Foulger is a lone voice of dissent on the board. The split was nothing to do with attracting investment because whatever you may think Smiths presence at the club is a major attraction for investors. Even Cullum in his non offer wanted Smith on the board.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Skipper didnt jump ship. I know for a fact. Not gonna air it all on here but its interesting. "The Canary KGB!"[/quote]you mean he was made an offer he couldn''t refuse???or a one way ticket to siberia???lol...

[quote user="jbghost"]There hasn''t been harmony in the boardroom for a while. Barry Skipper and Foulger were somewhat isolated from the others around two years ago. Skipper jumped ship when the Turners bought in but we all know how that urned out. Mr Foulger is a lone voice of dissent on the board. The split was nothing to do with attracting investment because whatever you may think Smiths presence at the club is a major attraction for investors. Even Cullum in his non offer wanted Smith on the board.[/quote]Didn''t Skipper leave before the Turners became involved?Didn''t Skipper have some ideas on investment?Didn''t Skippers ideas for investment involve certain board members relinquishing some of their hold over the club?[quote user="jbghost"]whatever you may think Smiths presence at the club

is a major attraction for investors.[/quote]I see no evidence to support this claim. Where exactly is this investment Smith has attracted?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="komakino"]I have heard from a very good source that there is a split in the boardroom though not at fatal levels [unfortunately]. Reading inbetween the lines, it appears that other board members are now realising that Delia is the problem as in terms of the club attracting outside funds. She is not rated - but what are the board going to do? As I''ve been saying on here for ages - businessmen will not invest serious money while she is at the club because they don''t rate her and don''t trust her with the cash. With her refusal to play ball, she has now painted herself and the club into the corner with dire consequences.[/quote]

I despise the board for many reasons, but I have to say that if the divide and anti feeling for Delia was that big a deal then board members would be selling their shares.

[/quote]

WAY two of the five Board members have virtually no shareholding to sell.No prizes for quessing who those two are but your clue is they both TAKE money out of the club,

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="jbghost"]There hasn''t been harmony in the boardroom for a while. Barry Skipper and Foulger were somewhat isolated from the others around two years ago. Skipper jumped ship when the Turners bought in but we all know how that urned out. Mr Foulger is a lone voice of dissent on the board. The split was nothing to do with attracting investment because whatever you may think Smiths presence at the club is a major attraction for investors. Even Cullum in his non offer wanted Smith on the board.[/quote]

Didn''t Skipper leave before the Turners became involved?

Didn''t Skipper have some ideas on investment?

Didn''t Skippers ideas for investment involve certain board members relinquishing some of their hold over the club?

[/quote]

And . . . wasn''t Skipper the one who Carl Moore approached with his contribution to Huckerby''s wages so that the signing could happen, after the board had assured us that the deal was dead?