Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

ray of hope...

Whilst we are in the mother of all messes we should not slit our throats (metaphorically of course) until the maths make relegation an utter certainty.

If years of watching football teaches you anything- it is that strange things can happen. With a few games left almost anyside can put a miraculous, hitherto unseen run together, whilst others totally fold. Who knows Curo might have suddenly find his scoring boots! Saturday was dire...we look dead and buried...but you just never know. It really is not over yet and I am willing to bet the roller coaster will roll until the last game of the season. Two wins and we are right back in it....and that could come in unlikley places. So as I say- looking dire, impossible even....

...but its a funny old game!

agreed viag - but after watching recent performances the writing does appear to be well and truly on the wall - and in such big letters that only the most blinded fans still cannot see it...not quite so funny in these circumstances,,,but going through cr@ppy life events successfully is what makes us stronger...i''ve made my choice and feel happier for it...[:D]

I definitely think there''s something in this. I''m really down at the moment and can''t see how this lazy bunch of slackers will do anything, BUT, likewise I can''t see us losing every game (law of averages if nothing else) and the season is bound to turn slightly. It probably won''t be enough, but I still think there could be an up remaining amongst the eleven probable downs. Otherwise all we have to look forward to are a succession of Fulham-esque capitulations, and I don''t think the Samaritans Switchboards are capable of supporting our fanbase should this happen!

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]Who knows Curo might have suddenly find his scoring boots![/quote]Oh dear vicar! Still holding out for miracles? [:^)]

maybe you can have a word with the man upstairs Vic? but then this is 1 miracle even he cant swing surely?

jas :)

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]Who knows Curo might have suddenly find his scoring boots![/quote]Oh dear vicar! Still holding out for miracles? [:^)][/quote]

There was a young lady on the front pew wearing a short skirt, I said ''is that Fanny Green?''

He said ''No it''s just the light shining through the stained glass window'' [:|]

I agree with the OP. I''ve been following football for 39 years and I know you can never take anything for granted. I''ve seen plenty of amazing comebacks and revivals, including a few from City themselves. We need to play a lot better but there are still 33 points to play for and the fat lady ain''t singing yet.

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

Whilst we are in the mother of all messes we should not slit our throats (metaphorically of course) until the maths make relegation an utter certainty.

If years of watching football teaches you anything- it is that strange things can happen. With a few games left almost anyside can put a miraculous, hitherto unseen run together, whilst others totally fold. Who knows Curo might have suddenly find his scoring boots! Saturday was dire...we look dead and buried...but you just never know. It really is not over yet and I am willing to bet the roller coaster will roll until the last game of the season. Two wins and we are right back in it....and that could come in unlikley places. So as I say- looking dire, impossible even....

...but its a funny old game!

[/quote]

Hope is an interesting contraceptive.

just think if curo or shacks had converted their chances yesterday to put us 2-1 up all the doom masters would''nt be spewing out their drivel for the past 2 days who''s to say we cant beat Q P R there ordianary  its not over till the fat lady sings