Sign in to follow this  
Canary Pirate

Cureton's Syndrome

Curetons problem IS and always WAS, he should not have come back to Norwich. By his own admission he had some unfinished business at Norwich and because he wanted to do SO WELL, SO BADLY he has been unable to mentally cope with his own and our expectations. This has affected his natural scoring ability and this imo is the only reason why he has managed to miss a catalogue of absolute sitters this season. Sorry Jamie, you are a decent genuine bloke but have been a major contributer to this seasons demise and our inevitable relegation to league one.[:(]

agreed CP - jamie lad is canary through and through - he doesn''t need stunts like spraying his knob green to prove that these days - but it seems like its a mental thing with him - a reverse ''mastermind'' effect,,,where he can start but he can''t finish...but for sure being in a relegation battle won''t help settle his nerves,,,while i fell sorry for his demise - - - he looks more like a liability than an asset in our current predicament and should be benched for the time being,,,

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]

Curetons problem IS and always WAS, he should not have come back to Norwich. By his own admission he had some unfinished business at Norwich and because he wanted to do SO WELL, SO BADLY he has been unable to mentally cope with his own and our expectations. This has affected his natural scoring ability and this imo is the only reason why he has managed to miss a catalogue of absolute sitters this season. Sorry Jamie, you are a decent genuine bloke but have been a major contributer to this seasons demise and our inevitable relegation to league one.[:(]

[/quote]

Nobody wanted to hear that at the time CP. A few of us tried to put forward that argument but were shouted down by the vast majority who could see no farther forward than the end of their noses.

Going back to a club where you were a hero seldom works. It didn''t work with Graham Paddon and it didn''t work with Flecky to name but two. I also said that I didn''t think Russell''s return was a good idea either, although in his case he hasn''t been so obviously out of his depth.

Not that Jamie was much of a hero when he left. He was a decent young striker at the time but was never big enough or strong enough for the top leagues. Indeed, his entire record shows he has largely been succesful in the third tier. It would have been nice to have been proved wrong but sadly it has not proved to be so. Jamie was a panic buy to appease the supporters when bids for younger and better players failed. A sad but predictable end for Jamie but even more so for NCFC.

When your first choice striker has played more games and scored fewer goals than an on-loan Left Back, I think it says all you need to know.

I''d agree that it''s all about confidence for Curo. To be fair to him, you always feel that he''s the one player who''s truly affected the most by City''s plight and it genuinely breaks his heart everytime he misses.Having said that, if we are looking for a proven goalscorer at League One level, surely there''s nobody better?

[quote user="Beds Canary"]I''d agree that it''s all about confidence for Curo. To be fair to him, you always feel that he''s the one player who''s truly affected the most by City''s plight and it genuinely breaks his heart everytime he misses.

Having said that, if we are looking for a proven goalscorer at League One level, surely there''s nobody better?
[/quote]

Doesn''t matter what league you''re in if you continuously miss sitters from six yards you are not good enough and Cureton does his fair share of that.

[/quote]I think you''ll find that throughout all levels at our club, and in my opinion, i believe it is why we are where we are. Jamie''s one example, but there''s Gunn, there''s Delia and Michael, there was Grant... etc.That''s been the problem with our club throughout our entire history. There has always been a heart, but there''s never been a head.

[/quote]

How many piss poor players has Jamie signed? or indeed, how many bad managers has he appointed? And also, how much has he invested financially in City?

Oh why do I bother with ''fans'' like you?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

How many piss poor players has Jamie signed? or indeed, how many bad managers has he appointed? And also, how much has he invested financially in City?

[/quote]How many matches has Jamie featured in for us and how many goals has he scored again Wiz?

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

How many matches has Jamie featured in for us and how many goals has he scored again Wiz?

[/quote]

Answer my points first................you can''t can you? you''re just another ''fan'' looking for a whipping boy aren''t you?

Amazing how someone, AMYONE can still defend Cureton.

Yes our board is useless, yes the managers have been just as bad.

But when this "quality" striker scores twice in a season (less than a loanee left-back who''s played far less games), and misses sitters week-in, week-out for 2 years, alot will come down to him as well.

Off the pitch we''ve been a shambles, but the least you''d expect is a supposed decent striker to score every now and then. He has not, hence why he will take alot of the "on pitch" blame for what will happen in a few weeks/months.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Amazing how someone, AMYONE can still defend Cureton. Yes our board is useless, yes the managers have been just as bad. But when this "quality" striker scores twice in a season (less than a loanee left-back who''s played far less games), and misses sitters week-in, week-out for 2 years, alot will come down to him as well. Off the pitch we''ve been a shambles, but the least you''d expect is a supposed decent striker to score every now and then. He has not, hence why he will take alot of the "on pitch" blame for what will happen in a few weeks/months.[/quote]

Because I simply love the guy!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Canary Pirate"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Red herring alert.None of the above are Jamie Cureton''s job.He has one job - to score goals which win us games.He''s not up to the job. He missed yesterday from two yards out.  Even you''d have wheeled it into the net.End of.

Why Wiz? Serious question.

You''ve slated so many much superior players, yet someone as diabolical as Cureton only gets praise?

"Loves the club" doesn''t do it for me, especially as he gets X amount of money per month/week for doing so. If he truly "loved the club" he''d play for nothing - ala Huckerby.

P.S. before anyone says anything, this is in no way a bring back Huckerby post, although he would tear League One to shreds! Maybe...

[quote user="MonkeyTrousers"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Canary Pirate"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Red herring alert.
None of the above are Jamie Cureton''s job.
He has one job - to score goals which win us games.
He''s not up to the job. He missed yesterday from two yards out.  Even you''d have wheeled it into the net.
End of.

[/quote]

That made me chuckle.[:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="MonkeyTrousers"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Canary Pirate"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Red herring alert.None of the above are Jamie Cureton''s job.He has one job - to score goals which win us games.He''s not up to the job. He missed yesterday from two yards out.  Even you''d have wheeled it into the net.End of.[/quote]

That made me chuckle.[:D]

[/quote]Good - it was meant in jest, not offensively.   Glad it didn''t offend. [Y]

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Why Wiz? Serious question. You''ve slated so many much superior players, yet someone as diabolical as Cureton only gets praise? "Loves the club" doesn''t do it for me, especially as he gets X amount of money per month/week for doing so. If he truly "loved the club" he''d play for nothing - ala Huckerby. P.S. before anyone says anything, this is in no way a bring back Huckerby post, although he would tear League One to shreds! Maybe...[/quote]

Ere James? how many games did Hucks play for free then?[:|]

It''s nothing at all to do with trying too hard, or caring too much or not having confidence. They''re all wishy washy excuses.

He''s just not good enough to do the business regularly at this level.

The ball over the top yesterday summed it up, possibly more so than the glaring miss from 6 yards. It was a terrific ball over the top of the defence and Jamie was clean through but he didn''t have the pace to get away from the defender, didn''t have the strength to hold him off and didn''t even the intelligence to get his body in the way to make the defender foul him.

He''s had it. If anyone thinks he''ll go and score regularly in L1 after we''re relegated then they''re miles wide of the mark.

He played none. Simply said he would have, but the previous manager was too stubborn to allow such a thing.

Now back to what I asked, as I''ve answered your question.

Why do you love Cureton when better players get slated by you?

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Canary Pirate"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So are you defending his record ? How many goals has Delia scored probably sums up your point ! Oh I don''t know why I bothered replying really ![:|] 

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Canary Pirate"]

[/quote]

Nobody wanted to hear that at the time CP. A few of us tried to put forward that argument but were shouted down by the vast majority who could see no farther forward than the end of their noses.

Going back to a club where you were a hero seldom works. It didn''t work with Graham Paddon and it didn''t work with Flecky to name but two. I also said that I didn''t think Russell''s return was a good idea either, although in his case he hasn''t been so obviously out of his depth.

Not that Jamie was much of a hero when he left. He was a decent young striker at the time but was never big enough or strong enough for the top leagues. Indeed, his entire record shows he has largely been succesful in the third tier. It would have been nice to have been proved wrong but sadly it has not proved to be so. Jamie was a panic buy to appease the supporters when bids for younger and better players failed. A sad but predictable end for Jamie but even more so for NCFC.

[/quote]

I agree with most of what you say here, Ricardo, especially the bit about returning to a club. It just doesn''t seem to work whether the return is as a manager or a player.

That said I thought at the time that re-signing that season''s Championship '' Golden Boot '' winner for around £800,000, particularly one who so obviously loves Norwich, was a reasonable piece of business.

It seems I was wrong...

[quote user="CanaryJames"]He played none. Simply said he would have, but the previous manager was too stubborn to allow such a thing. Now back to what I asked, as I''ve answered your question. Why do you love Cureton when better players get slated by you?[/quote]

I just do James, I have a long memory, and I remember the days of a fully tuned in Curo, and I just can''t, no won''t, slag or turn on a player I''ve always admired, if posters are upset about that, including you,..........tough!

And better players get slated by me? better players? what like Hughes, Marshall, The Doc, Ex whipping boy Brown, and Jason Jarrett you mean?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Canary Pirate"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It doesn''t work with managers either...Mike Walker proved that.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Canary Pirate"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with most of what you say here, Ricardo, especially the bit about returning to a club. It just doesn''t seem to work whether the return is as a manager or a player.

That said I thought at the time that re-signing that season''s Championship '' Golden Boot '' winner for around £800,000, particularly one who so obviously loves Norwich, was a reasonable piece of business.

It seems I was wrong...

[/quote]

You weren''t alone in thinking it was reasonable business SMS. My feeling at the time was that it was too big a gamble for a 31 year old whose main claim to fame was success in the lower leagues. I take no pleasure in being proved right because I feel the same way about Jamie as Wiz does. He is a decent guy with a true love of the club and it would have been nice to see him succeed.

In retrospect I think even Wiz must agree that it hasn''t worked out well for either the club or Jamie.

Jamie Cureton will go down as a Norwich City legend...............for all the wrong reasons!

Everytime people pick a worst side/player ever, "barndoor" Jamie will always be one of the first names down. Unfortunately, he will go down alongside other famous "legends" like Dean Coney, Jim blair and most of Hamiltons signings. Sad!

Cureton does not have a syndrome, he''s just bloody useless.As my dad said, a dead person could of scored that sitter yesterday. Jesus i''m feeling pessimistic today!

[quote user="hogesar"]Cureton does not have a syndrome, he''s just bloody useless.
As my dad said, a dead person could of scored that sitter yesterday.

Jesus i''m feeling pessimistic today!
[/quote]

Has has a golden boot though, where the hell is it !!!!

[quote user="hogesar"]Cureton does not have a syndrome, he''s just bloody useless.
As my dad said, a dead person could of scored that sitter yesterday.

Jesus i''m feeling pessimistic today!
[/quote]

Has has a golden boot though, where the hell is it !!!!

[/quote]

Correction " He has a golden boot though, where the hell is it ???