Sign in to follow this  
super dave

subs

In the last 2 games I believe that Gunny hasn''t helped us one bit with his poor substitutions.Against Burnley, why he took Cort off when he was our best chance of getting something out of the game I don''t know. He didn''t look injured or tired. Then after he''d took off our targetman, he decided to bring on our young pacey striker. What was the point when he was never going to get a chance to run on to any flicks from KillenThen once again yesterday he left it far too late with his subs. After we''d scored , we had a good period of pressure up until the 60ish minute.The crowd was behind the team, we were and the up and it was crying out for Gunny to bring on the young kid Daley in place of Cureton so we could really try and take advantage of the pressure.But no, yet again he waited until we had lost the momentum and were on the back foot until he made the changes.I firmly believe that had he made changes in both games earlier than he did, then the outcome of both games would have been different.

[quote user="sadlerman"]In the last 2 games I believe that Gunny hasn''t helped us one bit with his poor substitutions.Against Burnley, why he took Cort off when he was our best chance of getting something out of the game I don''t know. He didn''t look injured or tired. Then after he''d took off our targetman, he decided to bring on our young pacey striker. What was the point when he was never going to get a chance to run on to any flicks from KillenThen once again yesterday he left it far too late with his subs. After we''d scored , we had a good period of pressure up until the 60ish minute.The crowd was behind the team, we were and the up and it was crying out for Gunny to bring on the young kid Daley in place of Cureton so we could really try and take advantage of the pressure.But no, yet again he waited until we had lost the momentum and were on the back foot until he made the changes.I firmly believe that had he made changes in both games earlier than he did, then the outcome of both games would have been different.[/quote]spot on - with 25 mins to go the game went quiet - it was crying out for a sub change...again,,,too little too late///

Agreed, the old adage, ''don''t change a winning team''

Gunn seems to persist with starting 11 who are not winning, leaving it too late to make changes.

Inexperience? I have heard of disagreement between the management team, something ain''t right.