Sign in to follow this  
Shifty Sid

It aint over till it's over...

Using the BBC predictor... if (and it''s a big IF of mammoth proportions...) we can win at home against Plymouth, Watford and Wednesday PLUS get something on the road (either a win and a draw or 4 draws) we might just be able to scrape it - but that''s how tight it is.For me, we''ll need to get something at Blackpool and Ipswich (the only two places we''re remotely likely to get anything) and 3 wins at home.  It really is a long shot and the last throw of the dice BUT we must believe.  You can bet your ass Southampton fans won''t give in and will back their team to the hilt - we MUST do the same until it really is all over.  I firmly believe if we can recreate the kind of atmosphere against Barnsley we can get something from our last few home games.Don''t slate me for being optimistic, because personally, I think we''re down - I am just saying it CAN be done and while there is still a chance, every one of us in the stands must give 100% backing to the team - just as we would expect from the team.

You''re right, of course, that it can be done but I think from the atmosphere yesterday, the apparent lack of belief on the pitch, the general consensus on here and the complete lack of leadership or ideas from the Board that we all accept that it just isn''t going to happen.

Yes but that''s the whole point.  If we think that way then we really are doomed.  We need some World War II mentality.  What if Churchill just said ''The Germans outnumber us and have more resources, we don''t stand a chance lets just surrender?''  (like the French did...)Are you up for the fight?  Or are you a surrender-monkey Frenchie?  :o)

I feel the next 2 games will be key. 4 points from them will give us a half decent chance. Draw away to QPR and win away to Blackpool I would see as a succes. Although we have not been getting many results away I feel that we may have a better chance of winning away now than at home. The away fans will be totally behind the players and will provide lots of encoruagement. The players realise were in trouble so will go all out in the next few games.

I am looking forward to going to the QPR game. How many are we taking?

[quote user="Shifty Sid"]Yes but that''s the whole point.  If we think that way then we really are doomed.  We need some World War II mentality.  What if Churchill just said ''The Germans outnumber us and have more resources, we don''t stand a chance lets just surrender?''  (like the French did...)

Are you up for the fight?  Or are you a surrender-monkey Frenchie?  :o)
[/quote]

Once again, you''re right that we''d stand more of a chance if we all adopted that attitude but the fact is there doesn''t seem to be a Churchillian figure making the rousing "fight them on the beaches" pronouncements to inspire us and to give as that belief.  We never hear a word from the Chairman; Delia and Michael never put their heads above the parapet these days; Michael Foulger, likewise, doesn''t seem one for making rousing speeches; and as for the Chief Executive, I''ve never found that any of his articles in the EDP have filled me with optimism.  Gunny?  Well, on his post-match interview yesterday he didn''t sound as if he had much belief that we''d get out of this mess.  If we''re going to get the kind of response you mention then someone high up in the Club is going to have to stand up and show a bit of leadership.

[quote user="The Anonymous One"]

[quote user="Shifty Sid"]Yes but that''s the whole point.  If we think that way then we really are doomed.  We need some World War II mentality.  What if Churchill just said ''The Germans outnumber us and have more resources, we don''t stand a chance lets just surrender?''  (like the French did...)

Are you up for the fight?  Or are you a surrender-monkey Frenchie?  :o)
[/quote]

Once again, you''re right that we''d stand more of a chance if we all adopted that attitude but the fact is there doesn''t seem to be a Churchillian figure making the rousing "fight them on the beaches" pronouncements to inspire us and to give as that belief.  We never hear a word from the Chairman; Delia and Michael never put their heads above the parapet these days; Michael Foulger, likewise, doesn''t seem one for making rousing speeches; and as for the Chief Executive, I''ve never found that any of his articles in the EDP have filled me with optimism.  Gunny?  Well, on his post-match interview yesterday he didn''t sound as if he had much belief that we''d get out of this mess.  If we''re going to get the kind of response you mention then someone high up in the Club is going to have to stand up and show a bit of leadership.

[/quote]

And, frankly, this club has been lacking any leadership for years.  For goodness sake, how is it inspiring and motivational for one of the directors to say at the AGM that there''s no point in having any plan because there''s no money but if anyone had any ideas please would they let him know? 

[quote user="Shifty Sid"]Yes but that''s the whole point.  If we think that way then we really are doomed.  We need some World War II mentality.  What if Churchill just said ''The Germans outnumber us and have more resources, we don''t stand a chance lets just surrender?''  (like the French did...)Are you up for the fight?  Or are you a surrender-monkey Frenchie?  :o)[/quote]I understand what you are saying but I think you are confusing us (the fans) with the team.There is no doubt in my mind that if it were down to the fans of Norwich we would survive, unfortunately it''s down to a bunch of overpaid under interested professional footballers the most of whom will not be at this club next season whatever hapenns in the next two months.

[quote user="Shifty Sid"]
Using the BBC predictor... if (and it''s a big IF of mammoth proportions...) we can win at home against Plymouth, Watford and Wednesday PLUS get something on the road (either a win and a draw or 4 draws) we might just be able to scrape it - but that''s how tight it is.

For me, we''ll need to get something at Blackpool and Ipswich (the only two places we''re remotely likely to get anything) and 3 wins at home.  It really is a long shot and the last throw of the dice BUT we must believe.  You can bet your ass Southampton fans won''t give in and will back their team to the hilt - we MUST do the same until it really is all over.  I firmly believe if we can recreate the kind of atmosphere against Barnsley we can get something from our last few home games.

Don''t slate me for being optimistic, because personally, I think we''re down - I am just saying it CAN be done and while there is still a chance, every one of us in the stands must give 100% backing to the team - just as we would expect from the team.
[/quote]Is this the same bbc predictor everyone used saturday,reading to beat forest,wolves to beat plymouth,barnsley to lose to qpr,swansea to beat charlton ,cardiff to beat southampton and of course the only one it got right norwich to beat coventry.I am afraid the bbc predictor only predicts what your heart wants and not what your head says