Sign in to follow this  
lobster catcher

Are we up for the fight?

What a stupid question to have to ask.Its quite obvious we aren''t up for the fight.We haven''t played 2 consecutive good games of football this season.Our team has been getting weaker season upon season since our relegation from the premiership.Each year we have got closer and closer to the drop.This year i am afraid we are going down.Imo the reason has been our lack of investment in good enough players over the last 4 seasons.Each year our squad has been weaker and weaker.To think we let hucks leave last season cos he was deemed surplus to requirements.Those responsible for this decision and the decisions to bring in to many loanees must be held accountable.Who honestly believes the £490000 spent on agents wouldn''t have been better spent on keeping hucks for another season,and who honestly believes hucks wouldn''t have gone a long way to keeping us up?.I think the empty seats towards the end of the game and the lack of vocal support in the last 5 mins shows most norwich fans have expected our fate.As for next season,i think if the club gets enough renewals,ships out the major earners they will be quite happy ticking over nicely in div 1.As for me i will probably renew in a cheaper area of the ground and just turn up when it suits me,so in a way if the board can find another 15000 like me everything will be hunky dorey on the good ship carrow road

We''re a bunch of triers. And triers aren''t good enough.

[quote user="AJ"]We''re a bunch of triers. And triers aren''t good enough.
[/quote]

They are a bunch of something beginning with T and it''s not triers, AJ.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="AJ"]We''re a bunch of triers. And triers aren''t good enough.[/quote]

They are a bunch of something beginning with T and it''s not triers, AJ.

[/quote][:D] [:D]

No. Too many players who know they will be elsewhere next season, so why try too hard. What a joke this club is.

have city ever been up for a fight?

the FA cup semi finals, relegation scraps, look back through history.... we have always been a team of nice guys and nearly men.

not good enough.

jas :)

Gunn was on radio last night having said he asked the players "are they up for the fight?"

Their reply was "yes".

When i heard this, I assumed he meant the boxing at the Showground last night......

[quote user="komakino"]No. Too many players who know they will be elsewhere next season, so why try too hard. What a joke this club is.[/quote]

I presume you are referring to the loan players, if so I feel your comment is rubbish.  Yes it would be nice to ''own'' players, but we don''t. No player wants a relegation on his cv.  Period.  And can you honestly say that when they are playing for City you can tell which are on loan and which are permanent players?  If you say you can then I would call you a liar.  Shacks was probably our best player yesterday, saving/blocking shots on numerous occasions, putting himself on the line; he could have been injured several times. 

Another point is that Gunn only used 2 loan players yesterday (Grounds and Shacks, Gow as an unused sub).  IMO that is the ''joke'': we made all those (close to and) deadline transfer dealings who are proving so far to have been a waste of time as they appear to be incapable of replacing the failing players we already have - we signed Gow, Killen, Cody Mac, Carney and Keijer in the closing week of the window, and only one of them could even make yesterday''s squad.  Cody Mac is different but, so far, what was the point in signing the others?

As to whether we have the fight for it, I am not sure.  I don''t feel we have the players to grind out results such as those that Plymouth and Forest got yesterday (we tried and failed at Reading), we just don''t seem capable of playing well enough as a complete unit for 90 mins.  But then, as it sadly seems to me that a large section of our supporters have given up already, why should the players be any different?

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[quote user="komakino"]No. Too many players who know they will be elsewhere next season, so why try too hard. What a joke this club is.[/quote]

I presume you are referring to the loan players, if so I feel your comment is rubbish.  Yes it would be nice to ''own'' players, but we don''t. No player wants a relegation on his cv.  Period.  And can you honestly say that when they are playing for City you can tell which are on loan and which are permanent players?  If you say you can then I would call you a liar.  Shacks was probably our best player yesterday, saving/blocking shots on numerous occasions, putting himself on the line; he could have been injured several times. 

Another point is that Gunn only used 2 loan players yesterday (Grounds and Shacks, Gow as an unused sub).  IMO that is the ''joke'': we made all those (close to and) deadline transfer dealings who are proving so far to have been a waste of time as they appear to be incapable of replacing the failing players we already have - we signed Gow, Killen, Cody Mac, Carney and Keijer in the closing week of the window, and only one of them could even make yesterday''s squad.  Cody Mac is different but, so far, what was the point in signing the others?

As to whether we have the fight for it, I am not sure.  I don''t feel we have the players to grind out results such as those that Plymouth and Forest got yesterday (we tried and failed at Reading), we just don''t seem capable of playing well enough as a complete unit for 90 mins.  But then, as it sadly seems to me that a large section of our supporters have given up already, why should the players be any different?

[/quote]

The supporters have given up because it''s obvious that the players have given up.  If there was some real fight on the pitch from all of them and if we looked remotely as if we stood a chance of picking up the necessary points then I''m sure we''d still have a bit of hope but sadly that''s clearly not the case.

I can''t believe he asked them. It would of given the likes of Fozzy to reply "No. I''m going to bed. They booed at me.".Unfortunately there''s very little Gunn can do at the moment, we look like one of the worst three teams in the division.