Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_Shaun

Team ratings Vs Coventry.

Why I''m even bothering I don''t know. What an awful performance. Here''s a couple of player ratings. I''m not going to do them all.

Shackell 6 - Not actually as bad as the others, excellent block on Morrisons effort.
Grounds 6 - Same as Shackell. Decent, good goal.
Croft 6 - Not great, still battled as ever.
Hoolahan 6/7 - Only player who appeared to have any real form of ability on the pitch.
Cureton 1 - Why?
Cort 4 - Many people slated me for claiming I didn''t believe this player had the ability to be good enough for us. In my opinion, I was proved right today. Not once did he jump for a header, and everybody around me seemed to agree without me even saying a word.

Not that people really want to, but some may feel the need to add some pointers on particular players performances ...

Marshall - 6 - Not much to do

Otsemobor - 5 - Poor in defence, the only time he looked good was when he got forward.

Grounds - 6 - Looked average, but took his goal well

Shackell - 6 - Strange game i thought, dones some things very well, but other things not so well

Doc - 7 - Won alot in the air, solid performance.

Croft - 5 - Disappointing, tried hard but there was a distinct lack of quality.

Hoolahan - 7 - Only threat to the Coventry back line, took on players but just lacked final product.

Fotheringham - 3 - Don''t even get me started on Fotheringham...

Clighan - 6.5 - Done a few wonderful crossfield passes, but they didn''t really create chances. An ok performance.

Cort - 6 - Won quite a lot of headers and had good touch, but never really looked like scoring.

Cureton - 3 - Contributed nothing to the team apart from missing an open goal and blazing another good chance over the bar. Woeful

Subs

Daley - 5 - Done ok in the 15 mins that he had, done well when he won the free kick and the Cov player was booked.

Russel - Not enough time.

Overall, a poor performance. We had moments in the second half when we looked half decent, and had a good penalty shout turned down, but Coventry deserved it really.

I didn''t see the game, I''ll see the highlights next Monday on the Italian TV, but reading these ratings is not very encouraging, mates....

Best of the bunch - Hoolahan.  Decent displays by Doc, Shackell, Clingan and Croft (the latter for his effort rather than his crossing).

Not great displays by Cureton, Fotheringham and Cort.  Otsemobor was the worst - the thought of him at right back for the last 11 games is a depressing one.  [:''(]

Today was the single most disappointing Norwich performance I have ever seen. In the first half we were absolutely dire and the second half we dominated from the first whistle to the whistle after the second, and ultimately winning coventry goal. Gunn showed his inexperience in not making changes early enough. There''s only so long can use the "if it aint broken don''t fix it" motto, after the coventry goal there was no way it was being fixed. We dispirited, unorganised and un-caring. Our captain is a joke and resmbles more pugwash than blackbeard. Cureton, in his 100th appearence produced his worst performance in yellow and he should finish his career on 100 Norwich City games. Our lack of ideas and talent is all too aparent and our inability to defend at all, in easy circumstances will see us down. Man of the match was Shackell, if it was the Doc (I didn''t stay around to find out) then that person should be hung-drawn and quartered. It is disgusting that one of the only players who seemed to give a damn was shipped out to skimp and money and probably has led us to our prediciment now. He''s only on loan, but played as if he was the only one playing for a Norwich contract in the summer. The first goal resulted from some of the most stupidest defending I have ever seen by our back two and our midfielders, whom were more to blame. The second goal was probably even worse. Cort was left to deal with arguably the most talented player on the pitch turning him inside out in our penalty area. The defenders should be ashamed at their laziness which probably only delayed the inevitable.Marshall 6Semmy - First half: -1, Second half: 7, Overall: 5. In the first half he looked as if he could give a monkeys a*** about the match. He defended awfully and was basically a joke. The second half he made himself counted. Again he attacked better than he defended and as long as he''s at right back we''re gonna be struggling defensively.Doc: 6 And generous at that.  This guy needs to find a brain. He defends like a clueless school boy and forces himself into having to make life or death challenges. He gave away silly possession from simple headers and gave coventry a corner from which, over the run of the play, they eventually scored from.Shackell: 8 - Again generous but he defended with heart and might. Made 2 or 3 very big blocks. Some very good tackles, particuarly first half and positioned himself well in the air and saved us a few times. If Shack hadn''t of been playing we''d have been looking at more than 2. He''s still to blame for the lacklustre defence again as well but overall I can''t fault the guy when everyone else around him were wearing pots and pans on their heads.Grounds: 6 - Eventually turned in the scrappy goal and got forward well. Defended averagely at best. Had a lot to deal with, with Hoolahan abandoning any thought of tracking Fox back.Croft: 6 - Tried hard, tackled well but can''t run in a straight or positive line and certainly can''t cross the ball to save his life.Fozzy: 4 - Poor. Clingan: 7 - Working with absolutely nothing alongside him. His set piece was good all day and he will be exhausted tonight with how much running he had to do this afternoonHoolahan: 5 - Created very little and crossed awfully. He tried things, fair play to him but did nothing much offensively and cost us quite a bit defensively.Cureton: 2 - GenerousCort: 6 - Never gonna score but won a lot in the air and tried very hard. He kept the other teams defenders on his feet and you couldn''t help but feel he could have done with better players playing off of him.I can''t be arsed to rate the subs. They should have been on earlier and has little if not no effect.

There were 2 players who were clearly and are clearly a cut above the rest, and that was Clingan and Hoolahan.

Clingan is very smart, if we lose him in the summer we will be in serious trouble.He is creative, aggressive, great passer (you dont see him blast a pass past the teammate and into the stand behind), and for a small lad he has a big part to play in the game.

Same for Hoolahan basically, creative, good crosser, great skills and dribbling around players. He was the only creation we had out there.

[quote user="Largey"]

There were 2 players who were clearly and are clearly a cut above the rest, and that was Clingan and Hoolahan.

Clingan is very smart, if we lose him in the summer we will be in serious trouble.He is creative, aggressive, great passer (you dont see him blast a pass past the teammate and into the stand behind), and for a small lad he has a big part to play in the game.

Same for Hoolahan basically, creative, good crosser, great skills and dribbling around players. He was the only creation we had out there.

[/quote]thats 2 players we wouldn''t have next year

Marshall 6

Otsemobor 5

Doherty 7

Shackell 6

Grounds 6

Croft 5

Clingan 5

Fotheringham 0

Hoolahan 7

Cort 5

Cureton 5

''Fotheringham 0''

i understand why you could say that, because he did play poor.

but if im honest, comments like that, and the booing today. There seriously is no need. He is our captain remember.

you expect players to have confidence? :L

what a joke.

Here''s my opinion

Marshall- 5 - Had little to do in the way of saves but his kicking and general distribution are average at best

Semmy- 3- The guy is a liabilty. He was poor for the first goal and apart from one run contributed nothing going forward

Doc- 6 - Ok, but a lack of understanding with Shackell is easy to see

Shacks-6- Ditto Doherty

Grounds - 6- Took the goal well but he doesn''t convince as a left back

Croft -5- Started brightly but seemed increasingly disinterested as the game went on

Clingan- 6- Tried hard to get things going

Fozzy - 3 - I fail to see what this guy brings to the team. And his reaction when subbed was unacceptable

Hooly- 7 - Best of a poor bunch. Did his best but to little real effect

Cort-5 - Won a few headers but rarely looks likely to score

Cureton- 3 - Dreadful miss and made no impact on the game

Daley and Russell - 4 - Had no effect

Gunn - 3 - As usual he waited too late to make the subs and his lack of tactical ability is becoming obvious

''Semmy- 3''

that seems a bit generous imho :L

he played absolutely dire today.

it was actually embarresing.

Oh, and did anyone see that freekick? obviously practiced in training.

But went shamefully wrong. :L

1 for every player.. gutless morons!

they will get exactly what they deserve next season... places on the bench at other clubs because they arent good enough.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

1 for every player.. gutless morons!

they will get exactly what they deserve next season... places on the bench at other clubs because they arent good enough.

jas :)

[/quote]

LOL, funny and true [8-)]

[quote user="sam"]

Marshall 6

Otsemobor 5

Doherty 7

Shackell 6

Grounds 6

Croft 5

Clingan 5

Fotheringham 0

Hoolahan 7

Cort 5

Cureton 5

[/quote]

Cureton 5? Surely you mean -5.  The only players to rate a score above 6 were Clingan and Hoolahan imho

We played and looked like a relegated team so so poor :-(    We never looked like scoring and only did because coventry sat back and allowed us into the game,  before stepping up a gear to seal the win.   With no central creativity and one man up front unsupported being either midfield or a strike partner we were not going to score enough and we dont defend from the front, causing our defensive problems.  Neither of the fullbacks nor central midfield nor Curo deserve their wages this week. 

People cheered Fozzy going off - but Rusty coming on was never going to change the game,  midfield was over runa nd needed another body to secure three points,  Why was Ots off and Gow on not considered? 3 at the back may be dangerous but at least we may have salvaged something out o fthe game.  Gow has scored more goals than anyone else at the club this season,  Rusty has been so poor and he could have sat just off Cort and Daley.  The management team seem to been unable to know how to save us, hence the same mistakes Roeder made being repeated. 

I am a cross man resigned to the clubs fate.

Marshall 6 No real chance with either goal,  not do a lot wrong

Semmy 5 so where was he for bells cross for the opener?  Poor

Shackell 7 Did well,  I am a strong critic but did ok today

Doc 6 Did well,  the only player committed for 100 mins today. 

Grounds 5 Where was he for their winner?  Cort was beaten three times down the left before Fox shot for the winner,  if cort can move why did Fozzy, Clingan Hoolahan but most crucially Grounds not get across there to defend his own spot???  Not good enough despite his goal.

Croft 5 Bucket loads of effort with no quality

Fozzy 4 V Poor,  could have been taken off much earlier,   but despite the scores here he was not that much worse than 4/5 of his colleagues.

Clingan 5 people giving him 6/7?  for christ  sake,  poor passing,  no tackling and sammy sideways in evidence again, as with fozzy.  Better than fozzy but again we had a midfielder not defending a player running into the box,  and Clingan is as much to blame as the captain,

Hoolahan 7 My MOTM,  the ONLY player who looked like creating anything.

Cort 6 Our only target,  but without midfield support or a strike partner no wonder we look toothless up front

Cureton 4 V poor,  no pace no movement and no passion.  

Rusty 5 No impact

Daley 6 Some movement that we needed earlier  - but given v little

I''m quite surprised at the slating the players are getting on here. I''m normally quite a harsh and cynical critic but I do think we were unlucky in defeat. It''s basically the way the defence defend collectively and no striker to support Cort that is letting us down.

Marshall 6 - Not much he could have done for either goal. Still looks very uncommuncative with his defenders though.

Semmy 4 - Poor first half but got better in the second. Supported Croft well in attack but didn''t do anything defensively.

Doc 4 - Usual Doc really

Shackell 5 - Got in a brilliant block and a good header on target. The rest of the game just as bad as the rest of the defence though.

Grounds 5 - Like Semmy is pretty tidy going forward but doesn''t offer much in the way of getting in tackles or marking men.

Croft 7 - Always willing to run at his man and take the ball forward. His crossing is improving and he put in a few decent balls and let their left back know he was in a game

Klingon 7 - Another immense performance. Why this guy isn''t captain and Fozzy is is something of a mystery

Fozzy 4 - Was he there?

Hoolahoop 8 - I think he''s turned into a brilliant little player. Always willing and very hard to shake off the ball. Would do better with more than one person in the box to support

Cort 7 - How I laughed when we signed him but he does look like a tidy player. Like Hoolahoop, would do better in a better team

Cureton 3 - Lovely guy but dear oh dear

Gunn 4 - If we''re struggling in a must-win game, why only use two subs? And why leave Curo on for so long? And why not bring on Gow?

Referee 3 - W**ker

Marshall 6 - Nothing he could do with either goals, kicking was getting worse though.

Otsemobor 5 - He is either very slack, or his breathing problems are getting to him, and he doesnt seem to want to run with the ball, or run much at all for that matter. Give his speed, thats half his game...

Ground 6 - Good finish for the goal, and put in some nice crosses. Disappeared for Fox''s goal.

Doherty 6 - Did what was required. Enjoyed his slap on Morisson before a corner...

Shackell 7 - Brilliant block from Morisson gave him an extra point, and nearly scored with a header.

Clingan 7 - Smart, direct, great vision, a ''big'' small man. Crucial to keep him for next season, number one man.

Fozzy 5 - Almost scored, but didnt get stuck in enough, and it did seem we were lacking a central midfield at times. Neither he nor Clingan is an attacking midfielder, but Fozzy is given this role.

Croft 6 - Strong running, not a lot of end product however.

Hoolahan 7.5 - MOTM, strong runs, great dribbling, looked the only creative player other than Clingan.

Cort 6 - Nice control with his chest, now he is getting fitter, he is becoming a threat.

Cureton 5 - Missed a sitter (created by Fozzy I do believe - which could have done both of them a lot of good had Curo scored...), didnt really do much else.

Daley 6 - Looks lively.

Russell 5 - Got a yellow.

Ref 5 - Penalty?