Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

The Cost Of Relegation

Deals must be cacking them, as the value of her club plummets as we fall through the relegation trap door.

After all, I can''t see many Carlisle fans eating in Yellows next season.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

Deals must be cacking them, as the value of her club plummets as we fall through the relegation trap door.

After all, I can''t see many Carlisle fans eating in Yellows next season.

[/quote]

Too start with and I hate to say this but Ipshi* will  relegate NCFC by way of mathematics.

Financial meltdown. Any assets with  any value (players) sold. Those that can walk will walk, Croft for example. Crowds of 18,000 ish to start with and if NCFC do  not show early signs of a promotion push then the crowds will drop to 14-15,000ish. 

Season ticket sales at around 10,000ish. And a local darby game against Colchester.

The securitisation repayment plan was drawn up against Championship level income and gates in excess of 20,000 per week and we''ve struggled with the debt then.Oh dear!

Not so much doom and gloom.Season ticket sales will be down in value and numbers but with so many of our fat over paid underperforming stars and hangers on walking or being pushed it could be that the wage bill of £8m could beslashed possibly to half. Out of interses i wonder what the typical league 1 wage bill is?

Get the wage bill down to around £3.5 million which will be quite easy once the top wage earners leave at the end of contracts (Fozzy, Lappin, Croft) or are sold ( Marshall, Hoolahan, Clingan) and we will be no worse off than this season as long as crowds remain reasonable. 17,000+

It will mean a team full of youth with the odd older head but it might just work and to be honest I would rather see that than a team full of mercenaries loaned from the Premier league.

If the rumours are to be believed season ticket sales have already tpped 14,000 so the numbers might be higher than we think.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Not so much doom and gloom.Season ticket sales will be down in value and numbers but with so many of our fat over paid underperforming stars and hangers on walking or being pushed it could be that the wage bill of £8m could beslashed possibly to half. Out of interses i wonder what the typical league 1 wage bill is?[/quote]

If that is what is being paid for the crap we are watching, what are we going to get for half that amount. The mind boggles. [:S]

I can well  believe that seson tickets are 14 000 plus. i did mine acouple of weeks ago and was told that 11 000 had gone. It may be difficult to add more than another 2 or 3000 to these levels though. If we get off to a decent start people will flock back i am confident of that but the question is IF we get off to a good start

[quote user="jbghost"]

Get the wage bill down to around £3.5 million which will be quite easy once the top wage earners leave at the end of contracts (Fozzy, Lappin, Croft) or are sold ( Marshall, Hoolahan, Clingan) and we will be no worse off than this season as long as crowds remain reasonable. 17,000+

It will mean a team full of youth with the odd older head but it might just work and to be honest I would rather see that than a team full of mercenaries loaned from the Premier league.

If the rumours are to be believed season ticket sales have already tpped 14,000 so the numbers might be higher than we think.

[/quote]Isn''t this exactly where we went wrong upon relegation from the Premiership though? we

released the better players at the earliest opportunity to free up

wages and we very quickly ended up with a run of the mill Championship

team.The reason we could not challenge for re-promotion was that by

the end of the first season back in the Champs we had lost nearly all

our Prem quality players.To

advocate ditching all our better players and reducing the ''wage bill''

is simply accepting and preparing for life in the third division.They

should take the hit and make a loss for at least one year fielding a

Championship quality team (arguable) out each week in the third

division. If we don''t get promoted fine at least we''ve maximised our

chances for the first year.If we just release and sell all the high

earners with the obvious exception of Jamie No Goals Cureton then we

are inviting failure.We will be doing what Southampton have had

to do this year except we''ll be doing it one league lower and the

Southampton youth will always be one year ahead of us.NCFC Budgeting for relegation since 2005.........

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I can well  believe that seson tickets are 14 000 plus. i did mine acouple of weeks ago and was told that 11 000 had gone. It may be difficult to add more than another 2 or 3000 to these levels though. If we get off to a decent start people will flock back i am confident of that but the question is IF we get off to a good start[/quote]my estimate is now for 11-13k st holders...13k plus would be good - while 15k plus an absolute result...in league 1 - i reckon average gates of 16k would be good - for lesser lights - crowds of 12-13k only imo...

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

Isn''t this exactly where we went wrong upon relegation from the Premiership though?

we released the better players at the earliest opportunity to free up wages and we very quickly ended up with a run of the mill Championship team.
The reason we could not challenge for re-promotion was that by the end of the first season back in the Champs we had lost nearly all our Prem quality players.

To advocate ditching all our better players and reducing the ''wage bill'' is simply accepting and preparing for life in the third division.

They should take the hit and make a loss for at least one year fielding a Championship quality team (arguable) out each week in the third division. If we don''t get promoted fine at least we''ve maximised our chances for the first year.
If we just release and sell all the high earners with the obvious exception of Jamie No Goals Cureton then we are inviting failure.

We will be doing what Southampton have had to do this year except we''ll be doing it one league lower and the Southampton youth will always be one year ahead of us.

NCFC Budgeting for relegation since 2005.........
[/quote]

I agree with what your saying to a certain extent, but when we got relegated from the prem we only really lost Francis before the start of that season and he left the club no option but to sell, Ashton looked distinctly uninterested in playing for us in the Championship and McKenzie had some sort of issues aswell. Svenson also was keen to leave. So we didnt benefit from keeping players who didnt want to play for the club. At the start of the first season back in the championship we still had Green, Shakell, Doherty, Drury, Fleming, Safri, Ashton, McKenzie, Huckerby all of those players featured as in the main in our premiership season.

We will gain nothing from making players stay at the club who dont want to be here and if we get relegated i see very few players in the current team that will set league 1 on fire. The ones that do we wont be able to keep anyway like Marshall, Croft, Clingan even Doherty all for different reasons. The key imo is not keeping the players but using the money wisely that we do get for them. Thats where i really start to worry.