Sign in to follow this  
listen (formerly MG7)

Yet more rumours....

I read somewhere last night that we''ve been linked with a move for Craig Moore of Rangers, who want to get shot of him after he decided to play for Australia in the Olympics. Can''t see it happening though, especially if the Primus thing comes off. Would be a good signing though, if we were to miss out on Primus and if the price was right.

Also, on the BBC website it says we''re keen to take Ray Parlour on a year''s loan from Arsenal. I''d actually welcome him, I think he''d be good for us for a year, and he knows Bentley already. Would offer competition and cover for the right of midfield, though Arsenal would have to pay towards his wages too.

A year''s loan is unlikely. We''re very limited in terms of loans in the Prem, and with Bentley on a year''s loan I don''t think Worthy would use up nearly all of his allocation so soon.

Plus, aren''t you only allowed to loan players under 24 for a whole year. Older players are limited to 3 months max?

Ama.

I''d heard the Craig Moore rumour - I was in Scotland over the weekend and it was the Mail''s headline story on the backpage up there! I wouldn''t think too much of it, though, as the report ruled out a move for Primus (despite Worthy saying he was still chasing him), and also said that Worthy was a "long-term admirer" of Moore. Given that Worthy has never even mentioned Moore at any time, I''d like to know how they discovered he was a long-term admirer.

As for Parlour, he''d be a good signing, but I can''t see it happening - there are other clubs that can offer him more than we can - Middlesbrough were linked, and obviously they can give him European football, and enough wages to keep any ex-wife happy!

Besides we surely wouldn''t go for Moore if we get Primus. And by the confirdent sounds of Worthy we pretty much have him. Whenever he sounds this confirdent (Bentley) we usually get our man.

Still hoping the Sutton one comes off!

I see the point with regards to getting in Parlour on loan - especially with Worthington having got Bentley already.

With him having a year left on his contract though, maybe we could take over his contract from Arsenal for the year (with them paying a percentage of his wages), with the option of a further year should we stay up.

I might be grasping at straws, as there will doubtless be other clubs who can offer him more money than we can, and a longer deal, but I still think he''d be a good signing.