Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

league 1 281 miles Taverham to carlisle

I know because i often go there having relatives in the city. Over the years i have watched games there in various divisions including the conference. Holds 12 000, still has a wooden stand, still standing for spectators, crowds of @ 5 000, this will be  typical [ apart from the distance] of many away games next season. At some of these  grounds it is possible that Norwich supporters may be in the majority!

Went there many years ago on a tuesday night for the 1st leg of the 2nd round of the league cup.  2:2 draw.  Hell of a long way.  Got back at about 3.00am. 

I''ve been there too, must have been about 1970 when they were in this division.  The Saturday before Christmas, open terrace, it was snowing and we lost 3-0  ... happy days [:D]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I know because i often go there having relatives in the city. Over the years i have watched games there in various divisions including the conference. Holds 12 000, still has a wooden stand, still standing for spectators, crowds of @ 5 000, this will be  typical [ apart from the distance] of many away games next season. At some of these  grounds it is possible that Norwich supporters may be in the majority![/quote]

Is it May 3rd already? My clock says 1st March which means we have 11 games of the season to go and are therefore still in the Championship.

Let''s talk about Carlisle when/ or if it comes around. Our next 2 games are at Shepherds Bush, London, W12, and Blackpool. Why don''t you work it how far is to those 2 places. QPR is £25 (lower tier) and Blackpool is £26 if you haven''t already purchased your tickets.

[quote user="Surrey yellow"]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I know because i often go there having relatives in the city. Over the years i have watched games there in various divisions including the conference. Holds 12 000, still has a wooden stand, still standing for spectators, crowds of @ 5 000, this will be  typical [ apart from the distance] of many away games next season. At some of these  grounds it is possible that Norwich supporters may be in the majority![/quote]

Is it May 3rd already? My clock says 1st March which means we have 11 games of the season to go and are therefore still in the Championship.

Let''s talk about Carlisle when/ or if it comes around. Our next 2 games are at Shepherds Bush, London, W12, and Blackpool. Why don''t you work it how far is to those 2 places. QPR is £25 (lower tier) and Blackpool is £26 if you haven''t already purchased your tickets.

[/quote]  I  take  your  point. Noone would be happier than  me if  we  came  awa  from QPR  and  Blackpool  with  6 points  and followed  that  up  with  a couple of  home  wins  which  is what  we  need  to stay up. After 1  win in 8 do many of us  think  that is likely to happen  though

Lovely train journey from Leeds though

TBH, I think I may actually be more likely to go to the games in league 1 - what are ticket prices like?