Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

chris martin anyone???

yeah yeah - we all know he''s on a season long loan - he''s fat with an equally sized ego - arrogant little turd,,,[;)]but having seen on itv champs programme this morning - a fitter, leaner, chest thumping, crowd saluting young martin cooly score with aplomb - i''d have him back here instead of curo like a shot,,,he saved us 2 seasons ago...just a thought - mind you --- ched evans or similar would be better - but thats way off the radar...but - if we do drop - then getting young spillane and martin back here would be good for city - they are battle hardened now and could do well for us next season - maybe roedy did us a favour there after all???

oh well - obviously martin is a just a big pile of cr@p piled high on another even bigger pile of cr@p and always will be...couldn''t do worse than curo at the mo - and next season could be a reasonable player for us...[:D]

Even if we stay up, I feel both Spillane and Martin can have a big part in our next season.It''s a fact that Martin has bags of tallent, and knows where the goal is. He kinda reminds of Paul McVeigh in attitude, very, very good in his day when he put his mind to it, but can also be lazy and slow.Mr Martin, your future is in your hands [;)]

[quote user="AJ"]Even if we stay up, I feel both Spillane and Martin can have a big part in our next season.It''s a fact that Martin has bags of tallent, and knows where the goal is. He kinda reminds of Paul McVeigh in attitude, very, very good in his day when he put his mind to it, but can also be lazy and slow.Mr Martin, your future is in your hands [;)][/quote]at last - thankyou aj...i''ve seen enough of martin to know he has a good footy brain - but if his attitude has been polished up in league 2 - then maybe he could be a good un for us next term...

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]yeah yeah - we all know he''s on a season long loan - he''s fat with an equally sized ego - arrogant little turd,,,[;)]

but having seen on itv champs programme this morning - a fitter, leaner, chest thumping, crowd saluting young martin cooly score with aplomb - i''d have him back here instead of curo like a shot,,,he saved us 2 seasons ago...just a thought - mind you --- ched evans or similar would be better - but thats way off the radar...

but - if we do drop - then getting young spillane and martin back here would be good for city - they are battle hardened now and could do well for us next season - maybe roedy did us a favour there after all???

[/quote]

Depends what he has learned at Luton. Is he a better player now or is he shining because the standard of league two is''nt that great. Definitely, would have him back if ( sorry, when ) we are in league one. It would be a natural progressive step up, then it would be all down to his attitude and mentality as to whether he progresses further or not.

Anyone watch the Luton v Brighton game the other week? Martin was one of the best players on the pitch, played all across the forward line, worked hard and created a few good chances for himself.

Bearing in mind that Brighton could well be playing us next season, it certainly looks promising for him. Fingers crossed he''s got his attitude in check.

Yes!

Can''t be any worse than the cows arse missers we''ve got at the moment!

Think relegations is a forgone conclusion now, poor old Gunny!

Will now be known as the man who took City down to Div 3 for the first time in god knows

how many years!

His appointment left him up sh*t creak without a boat, let alone a paddle!!!!

Millwall and Yeovil next season.........Whooopie do!!!!

we could have got evans in the window but just needed the money - if delia did give ti to the club to buy him they would not be under this pressure noW~!

[quote user="The Original Pinkun Poster"]

we could have got evans in the window but just needed the money - if delia did give ti to the club to buy him they would not be under this pressure noW~!

[/quote]I don''t agree. In some cases, one player can make a huge difference, and i''m sure he would be scoring goals. But, with little service to offer to him, I doubt we''d be much better off than we are now.

trying not to be defeatist but relegation is looking likely, if it does happen then i think Spillane and Martin could be key, they''ve been superb in league2 by all accounts, as you can see by the performance of Posh, MK and Stockport, league1 isn''t that much of a jump

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="The Original Pinkun Poster"]

[/quote]

I don''t agree. In some cases, one player can make a huge difference, and i''m sure he would be scoring goals. But, with little service to offer to him, I doubt we''d be much better off than we are now.
[/quote]Maybe not much better off,but better off enough to not be sitting in the relagation places this morning.

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="The Original Pinkun Poster"]

[/quote]

I don''t agree. In some cases, one player can make a huge difference, and i''m sure he would be scoring goals. But, with little service to offer to him, I doubt we''d be much better off than we are now.
[/quote]

I honestly think if we had brought in one really decent striker during the January window, eg Lita, Evans, we wouldnt be where we are now, we have created some decent chances but have not had a proper striker to finish. Bringing back Jamie and hanging our hope on him was deluded.   

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]oh well - obviously martin is a just a big pile of cr@p piled high on another even bigger pile of cr@p and always will be...

couldn''t do worse than curo at the mo - and next season could be a reasonable player for us...[:D]
[/quote]

Why do you feel the need to bump you own thread, (which is hardly original and clearly not very interesting) until you get a reply?

Yes definitely - Martin showed he has obvious quality when he burst onto the scene. Doubt he would have missed all those sitters that Cureton misses without fail every game...!

I think Spillane and Martin will both be much better players for their season at Luton and thank God Roeder has gone as I''m sure he would have released them both at the end of the season. Think they will be important players nect season and they are players we actually own!!!

[quote user="GRFC"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]oh well - obviously martin is a just a big pile of cr@p piled high on another even bigger pile of cr@p and always will be...couldn''t do worse than curo at the mo - and next season could be a reasonable player for us...[:D][/quote]

Why do you feel the need to bump you own thread, (which is hardly original and clearly not very interesting) until you get a reply?

[/quote]i bumped it once you w****r - now **** off...

I''d take him back. And i''d start him ahead of Cureton. I''d start most people ahead of Cureton though. Why not start Daley? Can''t do any worse. Seriously, it''s nigh on impossible.

[quote user="hogesar"]I''d take him back. And i''d start him ahead of Cureton. I''d start most people ahead of Cureton though. Why not start Daley? Can''t do any worse. Seriously, it''s nigh on impossible.
[/quote]

Exactly. As soon as Daley came on yesterday his pace worried Coventry, something couldn''t do. But once again it took Gunn far too long to realise it.

I''d put Chris Martin in ahead of Cureton as well but that ain''t saying much.

Martin has got a bit of talent but too many City fans have over-hyped and overrated him. He''s got a bit of ability, no doubt, but people get carried away. Same with Spillane, only he hasn''t quite got the ability Martin has, people seem to think he''s something to get excited about. He''s nothing special.

[quote user="GJP"]

something couldn''t do.

[/quote]

*something Cureton couldn''t do

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="hogesar"]I''d take him back. And i''d start him ahead of Cureton. I''d start most people ahead of Cureton though. Why not start Daley? Can''t do any worse. Seriously, it''s nigh on impossible.[/quote]

Exactly. As soon as Daley came on yesterday his pace worried Coventry, something couldn''t do. But once again it took Gunn far too long to realise it.

I''d put Chris Martin in ahead of Cureton as well but that ain''t saying much.

Martin has got a bit of talent but too many City fans have over-hyped and overrated him. He''s got a bit of ability, no doubt, but people get carried away. Same with Spillane, only he hasn''t quite got the ability Martin has, people seem to think he''s something to get excited about. He''s nothing special.

[/quote]agree that spillers looked poor at centre back - (his preferred posi???) but in midfield he showed one or two glimpses of talent - such as vision, and time and space on the ball - which is usually the sign of a good footy player - and as i suggested at the time when he played under grant - he looked like he potentially had a good engine to boot,,,i don''t know where he''s been playing for luton - but at the very least the boy will have some good experience under his belt,,,and be mentally tougher and physically fitter...he has time to develop - and i look forward to checking on his progress when he returns...

Can''t I''ve thought Spillane has got vision etc etc when I''ve seen him play. I mean the odd ball over the top and stuff but nothing too inspiring.

Looks like a very ordinary defensive midfielder/central defender utility player to me, who would struggle to play regularly and play well at this level.

Hopefully I''m wrong.

[quote user="GJP"]

Can''t I''ve thought Spillane has got vision etc etc when I''ve seen him play. I mean the odd ball over the top and stuff but nothing too inspiring.

Looks like a very ordinary defensive midfielder/central defender utility player to me, who would struggle to play regularly and play well at this level.

Hopefully I''m wrong.

[/quote]i''m thinking about next season gjp - probably in league 1 - so after 2 years experience and natural physical progression - i''m hoping we could all be pleasantly surprised by spillers (and martin)...mind you - seeing possible potential in young adults is one thing ---realising it is another,,,

[quote user="Beatle"]

Yes!

Can''t be any worse than the cows arse missers we''ve got at the moment!

Think relegations is a forgone conclusion now, poor old Gunny!

Will now be known as the man who took City down to Div 3 for the first time in god knows

how many years!

His appointment left him up sh*t creak without a boat, let alone a paddle!!!!

Millwall and Yeovil next season.........Whooopie do!!!!

[/quote]

He might be the incumbent when the drop is confirmed but the record books should show that ROEDER took City down to Div 3.