Sign in to follow this  
ca

What we have to look forward to in League 1

Was chatting with a freind of mine( thanks Shifty) who supports ColU and this was his response about what we have to look forward to in League 1.

So what''s to look forward to?

We''re going to lose Leicester which would have been a nice easy trip across from Norfolk and Peterborough are still very much in the hunt which is an even easier trip for you all.

Still plenty of local games though. You''ll get a trip to the newest stadium in the Football League, and it could well be that Col U v Norwich will always be remembered for being the first ever complete sell-out for a Col U game at the Weston Homes.

Unfortunately Southend have done enough to stay up, and doesn''t Cureton love scoring against them ;)

London''s only 2 hours away by train. Leyton Orient are battling to stay up with our former manager Geraint Williams in charge. Even if they don''t make it, Brentford are all but promoted from L2, and I can''t see Millwall going up via the L1 play-offs. Charlton of course look favourites to come down from the Championship and maybe Watford will join them.

MK Dons, if they don''t go up, is within a couple of hours drive, as is Northampton. Gillingham are currently occupying a play-off spot in League Two, and that''s only a couple of hours for you too

Ideally Brighton would stay up, but a former assistant of ours Micky Adams has left them in trouble.. but we may still get a trip to the south coast if Southampton come down.

And of course there''s Leeds, the club everyone loves to hate haha. And the one I''m looking forward to most, being reacquainted with our old rivals from Wycombe.

Thought it might interest some of you, especially the away regulars [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Was chatting with a freind of mine( thanks Shifty) who supports ColU and this was his response about what we have to look forward to in League 1.

So what''s to look forward to?

We''re going to lose Leicester which would have been a nice easy trip across from Norfolk and Peterborough are still very much in the hunt which is an even easier trip for you all.

Still plenty of local games though. You''ll get a trip to the newest stadium in the Football League, and it could well be that Col U v Norwich will always be remembered for being the first ever complete sell-out for a Col U game at the Weston Homes.

Unfortunately Southend have done enough to stay up, and doesn''t Cureton love scoring against them ;)

London''s only 2 hours away by train. Leyton Orient are battling to stay up with our former manager Geraint Williams in charge. Even if they don''t make it, Brentford are all but promoted from L2, and I can''t see Millwall going up via the L1 play-offs. Charlton of course look favourites to come down from the Championship and maybe Watford will join them.

MK Dons, if they don''t go up, is within a couple of hours drive, as is Northampton. Gillingham are currently occupying a play-off spot in League Two, and that''s only a couple of hours for you too

Ideally Brighton would stay up, but a former assistant of ours Micky Adams has left them in trouble.. but we may still get a trip to the south coast if Southampton come down.

And of course there''s Leeds, the club everyone loves to hate haha. And the one I''m looking forward to most, being reacquainted with our old rivals from Wycombe.

Thought it might interest some of you, especially the away regulars [:)]

[/quote]

...and Gary Holt

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I can''t even think about the football yet CA. The end of paying an incompetent CE and his salary plus pension fund could do it for me.[/quote]

Same here it has to be said.  I want this season to end and quick [:(]

Shame that MK Dons and Leic look like going up as that would be two easy away games for us fans who live in Norfolk.

[quote user="JimRoyle"]Er...shouldn''t this wait till we know we are definitely down?!
[/quote]

so you honestly, genuinely believe, with 5 strikers with just 3 goals between them and a defence that leaks goals, that we are going to stay up?

jas :)

Its actually a Paint trophy now lol. But seriously the difference in football cant be that big.  Look at the teams that go up from League 1.  How many come straight back down.  I expect a rougher version of Championship.Ill look forward to standing grounds, if there are any.  Erm... lots of cheap away games and hopefully promotion!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="JimRoyle"]Er...shouldn''t this wait till we know we are definitely down?![/quote]

so you honestly, genuinely believe, with 5 strikers with just 3 goals between them and a defence that leaks goals, that we are going to stay up?

[/quote] I do know it''s a tough call, but I prefer not to throw in the towel until it''s mathematically definite. There are still 11 games to play.

[quote user="JimRoyle"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="JimRoyle"]Er...shouldn''t this wait till we know we are definitely down?![/quote]

[/quote] I do know it''s a tough call, but I prefer not to throw in the towel until it''s mathematically definite. There are still 11 games to play.[/quote]tough call my @rse[:P]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="JimRoyle"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote] I do know it''s a tough call, but I prefer not to throw in the towel until it''s mathematically definite. There are still 11 games to play.[/quote]tough call my @rse[:P][/quote]League One ,my arse! [;)] We''re not down yet!

[quote user="JimRoyle"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="JimRoyle"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote] I do know it''s a tough call, but I prefer not to throw in the towel until it''s mathematically definite. There are still 11 games to play.[/quote]tough call my @rse[:P][/quote]League One ,my arse! [;)] We''re not down yet![/quote]ha ha - touche!!![:D]