Sign in to follow this  
 Green and Yellow

Where has it all gone wrong?.

It now appears that NCFC will be relegated this season. So with that in mind where and when did it all start to go wrong for NCFC?. This is a serious question as I do not have a clue.

peter grant, glenn roeder, Gunn(unfortunatly!)

lack of funds

lack of ambition!

to high wage budget, therefore lack of money, therefore lack of quality, therefore poor league position, therefore relegation!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1596028/ShowPost.aspx

read this
[/quote]

dont read that its pathetic and a waste of time - not serious!

[quote user="Two Tails"]Sacking Worthy was where it all went wrong, I hope all the WorthyOuters are happy.
[/quote]

true, i wanted him to stay

but he had done all he could!

[quote user=" Baldrick"]It now appears that NCFC will be relegated this season. So with that in mind where and when did it all start to go wrong for NCFC?. This is a serious question as I do not have a clue.[/quote]

Promotion to the Prem for a board that lacked the leadership, funds and know how to compete at that level. The rest is history.

We the fans have to take some blame the writing was on  wall when we got promotion to the prem, & this bunch of gutless, no risk takers showed no ambition to keep us there. When we got relegated we blamed it all on Worthy instead of putting this bunch of boardroom cowards in the dock and asking some serious questions. I am afraid our pigeons have come home to roost. All is not lost if the fans  stick together we can still do our part now to get this spineless crew of  Doomcaster, Smith & Jones out.

Don''t you mean sacking Worthy too late???? Should have been sacked after losing 6-0 at Fulham! Complete disgrace! Something like that has never happened in the history of football. Needing points to stay up on the last game of the season and losing to a very average team with nothing to play for. Thats when it all started to go wrong.

[quote user="Two Tails"]Sacking Worthy was where it all went wrong, I hope all the WorthyOuters are happy.
[/quote]

This Board would not have even taken the gamble to sign Huckerby if it hadnt been for Carl Moore stumping up , they never have invested in the playing side and its finally caught up with them .

Whenever i think back to where things started to go wrong i always remember the Palace match at home (First match in the premiership 04-05 season).

The game was for the taking until dirty slaphead cheating scumbag Johnson popped up near the end.  If we went on to win that, who knows where we would be now, the whole season took so long to get going and the quest for 3 points became such a hangover for the club that it killed our confidence and ability to finish some critical games off.

Just checked and it took us 14 games to register the first win.

[quote user="The Original Pinkun Poster"]

[/quote]

true, i wanted him to stay

but he had done all he could!

[/quote]

Totally agree! - I also think we would be ok if Glenn was still here - but too late to tell, and we will never know!

But thanks for all the muppets chanting Worthy/Roeder out - your to blame for the demise!!

I tell you where it all went wrong.The year Norwich won promotion Worthington panicked in the close season.He decided several key characters were not good enough for the Prem.Malky and Iwan in paricular.Worthy probably felt under pressure to spend to strengthen,unfortunatley this broke up the "special feeling " in and around the club at the time.So despite large wages being paid out to players the side was probably no stronger but the winning mentality had been lost.Think of Hull this season.

The January signing of Ahston nearly bailed us out.Of course the Fulham capitulation was significant.Worthy was kept on too long.Grant couldn,t handle the job.Roeder started aquiring loan players.Then the final nail in the coffin was not re-signing Huckerby.

The team lacks presence and leadership in defence and midfield and no pace upfront.The writing was on the proverbial wall with that 5-1 loss to Spurs pre-season.

We are just in a downward spiral,poor results,demotion,reduced income poorer players.It has to end somewhere and things have to stabilise,lets hope that isn,t in league two!.

My wish for next season whatever division that maybe is.NO MORE F***ING LOANS !

So Colchester Canary it''s the fans'' fault then, those who chanted Worthy/Roeder Out.

Some power eh? Considering this then:

Which fan determines the transfer budget?

Which fan decides who to hire and fire?

Which fan decided to budget for relegation on promotion?

Which fan has presided over the appointments from Rioch to Gunn?

Which fan has hoisted us to near the top in the agent fees league table?

Which fan thought building a road more important than investing in footballers?

Which fan has told us we have to be cleverer than the rest?

Which fan did nothing over the disgraceful treatment of Huckerby?

Sorry, but I must have missed your tenure on the Board of Directors.

Some really good points on here particularly in the last two threads which led me to think, is there anything this bunch of clowns have got right when a major decision has been required?

[quote user="Croydon Canary"]

I tell you where it all went wrong.The year Norwich won promotion Worthington panicked in the close season.He decided several key characters were not good enough for the Prem.Malky and Iwan in paricular.Worthy probably felt under pressure to spend to strengthen,unfortunatley this broke up the "special feeling " in and around the club at the time.So despite large wages being paid out to players the side was probably no stronger but the winning mentality had been lost.Think of Hull this season.

The January signing of Ahston nearly bailed us out.Of course the Fulham capitulation was significant.Worthy was kept on too long.Grant couldn,t handle the job.Roeder started aquiring loan players.Then the final nail in the coffin was not re-signing Huckerby.

The team lacks presence and leadership in defence and midfield and no pace upfront.The writing was on the proverbial wall with that 5-1 loss to Spurs pre-season.

We are just in a downward spiral,poor results,demotion,reduced income poorer players.It has to end somewhere and things have to stabilise,lets hope that isn,t in league two!.

My wish for next season whatever division that maybe is.NO MORE F***ING LOANS !

[/quote]

I have to agree with most of the above. Serious mistakes made then, and not sacking Worthy in the autumn of 2005, gutless to be honest. Saying thatit seemed to me back then that there is a certain section of support that is only happy when they have something to complain about. The idiot at Old Trafford springs to mind. That year we conceded over 70 goals, 73 seems to be the figure in my mind, and we scored lass than 40, that is a recipe for relegation no matterwas it a point or one goal that sent us down. We went down because we were not good enough over the course of the season.