Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

The evening news- fighting for Norwich, with no balls for the real issues!

we all know those at Archant will see this message as they run this very message board.

for years it has been claimed that the locall rag will fight "tooth and nail" for the people of Norwich

The decline of this football club has gone on, unchecked and un reported for the best part of 5 years.

I urge those at the EDP and evening news to get the answers the fans want.

why has the club been allowed to end up in this position?

what was the real reason Peter Cullums investment was rejected?

why has the playing side been sacrificed in favour of bricks and mortar?

why are we spending more money on wages and agents fees than other, smaller teams who are faring far better, are we an easy touch and taken advantage of by agents?

what''s the real reason the Turners left the club?

and the querstion we all want to answering

Just where has all the money gone?

the Evening news/EDP needs to grow a pair. i dont want the usual crap of Gary Doherty saying "we owe them one" or the loccal paper fannying about as they are scared of treading on the clubs toes and being refused interviews/information. This simply wouldn''t happen as the fans would know the club was hiding something and would aleinate the board even more with supporters.

the local press MUST stick to its promise of fighting for Norwich and use its influence to get the answers we need. Delia, MWJ, Munby and Doncaster in a room given a grilling like they have never had before.

then it should be reported to the local public, the club is heading to the 3rd tier of English football for the first time in years and unless someone with the right influence speaks up then i fear the worst.

Over to you archant, or is "jamies ickle cakey" much more inkeeping with what the club want?

jas :)

Spot on, Jas.

We need answers - they are supposed to be getting them from the club, not cosying up to them. Just what have they got to lose? Nothing. And everything to gain.

Well said Jas, excellent post. I just wonder how quickly the mods delete it!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

we all know those at Archant will see this message as they run this very message board.

for years it has been claimed that the locall rag will fight "tooth and nail" for the people of Norwich

The decline of this football club has gone on, unchecked and un reported for the best part of 5 years.

why are we spending more money on wages and agents fees than other, smaller teams who are faring far better, are we an easy touch and taken advantage of by agents?

the Evening news/EDP needs to grow a pair. i dont want the usual crap of Gary Doherty saying "we owe them one" or the loccal paper fannying about as they are scared of treading on the clubs toes and being refused interviews/information. This simply wouldn''t happen as the fans would know the club was hiding something and would aleinate the board even more with supporters.

the local press MUST stick to its promise of fighting for Norwich and use its influence to get the answers we need. Delia, MWJ, Munby and Doncaster in a room given a grilling like they have never had before.

then it should be reported to the local public, the club is heading to the 3rd tier of English football for the first time in years and unless someone with the right influence speaks up then i fear the worst.

Over to you archant, or is "jamies ickle cakey" much more inkeeping with what the club want?

[/quote]With a strap line''Prudence with Relegation''

[/quote]I think this is one of the most satisfying posts I''ve read in a long time.Not only has our club finally been left in the gutter for dead after 4 years of mistreatment and heartache, but we''ve never been given an answer to any of the thousands of questions leading as to why and how this was all allowed to happen.We''ve been thrown into the pits of hell, and those in control of our club have never been as merciful as to even give us a hint as to how and why. Calling it disgusting would be a fairly large understatement in truth.We need to start showing some backbone, at all levels, even if it is only to know why we no longer have a club to love, support or take pride in anymore.I''m confused and distraught by it all, and i''m sure i''m not the only one.

Absolutely agree Jas, what has happened to investigative journalism. Everything  is  far to cosy around the club and that extends to  it`s relationship with the media, I dont want a local  press that is knocking the Club every five minutes, a la certain posters on here, but the press  should have been demanding answers to the difficult questions and should not accept being fobbed off.  EDP is doing a number on the City Council at the moment, and  rightly so, but when have we seen this level of enquiry and challenge to NCFC.

In saying all this of course, we should not forget the culpability of 20,000 fans who have done nothing, if the mood amongst the fans had been harder and more critical then  I  suspect the  EDP would have taken a tougher line, as a local newspaper they are going to  reflect the mood of the local community to keep up sales.

Another good post, Jas.

I noticed on the front page of the Eastern Evening News that the paper have begun a  ''campaign '' to keep Norwich up this season. It seems to be along the usual lines of  " Rally behind the boys ", "  Let''s take the roof off the stand ", Make Carrow Road a sea of green and yellow ", etc, etc. There''s even a quote in there from that former front man of '' The Darkness '' Justins Hawkins saying that he''s a great fan and how whatever is good for Norwich is good for him. So good in fact that he''s renewed his season ticket ? What season ticket ? Piffle.

Can we assume that Joe Ferrari has put the frighteners on Archant? Other publishers have the guts to question but our local rags seems petrified of offending anyone at Carrow Road. With the honourable exception of the admirable Steve Gedge and Adam Aitken all our local correspondents seem to be concerned with is toadying up to the Board.

With the almost inevitable slide into Division One awaiting us in a few short weeks what have Archant got to lose by asking some awkward questions? NCFC have for some time been in no position to call the shots as they try to claw back something from the wreckage.

Very soon they''ll need all the media friends they can get.

[/quote]Couldn''t agree more: this thread from yesterday sums up how I feel (and how the EEN seemingly feels)http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1596587/ShowPost.aspxMuch like the team itself - no balls, no guts for a fight.

It''s the same with the radio largely. Searching probing questions that seek to get beyond the run of the mill hardly get asked. It started to get a bit more like it for a while yesturday with Richard balls questioning Doncaster. But they were some of the most direct questions he has faced media wise for ages. All we seem to get after a game are the same sort of general questions and the same pat answers, ''the boys are hurting in there'' they/we/I will busting a gut to put it right next game.

Why not asking Gunny where his loan signings have gone too. Why he persists with Fotheringham as captain when he sub''s him every week. What''s been done to address Crofts inability to cross. Why is there no real urgency from the players out there on the pitch. What about the ground emptying before their eyes. Why are we the second highest payer of agents fee''s yet languish second from bottom. Why can''t we seem to do the basics defensively, score goals, or have any creativity in midfield. Where is Delia. Why do you think it''s all gone bottom up..    

[quote user="JohnoBono"]

It''s the same with the radio largely. Searching probing questions that seek to get beyond the run of the mill hardly get asked. It started to get a bit more like it for a while yesturday with Richard balls questioning Doncaster. But they were some of the most direct questions he has faced media wise for ages. All we seem to get after a game are the same sort of general questions and the same pat answers, ''the boys are hurting in there'' they/we/I will busting a gut to put it right next game.

Why not asking Gunny where his loan signings have gone too. Why he persists with Fotheringham as captain when he sub''s him every week. What''s been done to address Crofts inability to cross. Why is there no real urgency from the players out there on the pitch. What about the ground emptying before their eyes. Why are we the second highest payer of agents fee''s yet languish second from bottom. Why can''t we seem to do the basics defensively, score goals, or have any creativity in midfield. Where is Delia. Why do you think it''s all gone bottom up..    

[/quote]

agreed johno, we cant get the answers so we rely on others.. they can unearth some quotes the board have said that will expose them for the naive souls they really are

Totally agree.

Archant carry a fair slice of responsibility for the mess we''re in now.

The writing has been on the wall for at least three seasons and they''ve turned a blind eye. 

The Norfolk branch of Archant couldn''t be futher away from the Suffolk arm, take recently an article concerning Town manager penned by Terry Hunt, Editor of the East Anglian Daily Times, who called for Jim Magilton to go.  Could anyone on here imagine the editor of the equivilent paper the EDP doing such a piece ?    I certainly can''t The EDP editor was if I am correct, Editor of the Lowestoft Journal,  perhaps the EDP will be turning into another version of that. If any of you wondered why we had a piss poor  account of the Cullum-Delia saga it will be down to your local editor, scared to lose favour.Don''t expect anything more

It was only a short while ago that Archant were bleating on about how our falling out of the Prem after one season was financially bad for local businesses. So come on Archant ''LET''S BE HAVIN'' YOU'', stop pussyfooting around and ask some hard hitting questions of this sorry excuse of a  board.

Shak, thats because we must have a jibe at Ipswich and also take pictures of Jamie cureton with his special ickle cake whilst the real issue passes us by....

show some guts Archant...

The EDP, like much of Archant in this region, is run and populated by some of the most weak-willed, feeble-minded, fearful and ingratiating amateurs you will find anywhere.Consequently, they are a perfect fit with most of the staff at Norwich City Football Club.

As you can see i have been viewing and added a few comments onto this forum for a very long time now and this is one of (if not the) best post i have seen!

Have you all seen the film ''Good Morning Vietnam''? Trust me, Archant works in much the same way in that they have the facts and truths but all are ''vetted'' and what you all see printed is what is ''allowed''

Archant certainly do have a very close relationship with the club and the importance, first and foremost is revenue. Archant are not seen to give a toss about readers feelings or thoughts, just how much money they can make.

Sorry guys... i for one will be watching very closely hoping that our voices will be heard but i''m certainly not holding my breath.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]The EDP are spineless.
[/quote]

Just like the majority of the fans???

There are no answers... surely you have learnt that by now???

The time for questions and answers has long since come and gone... now there is only time left for Delia & Co to do the honourable thing and choose to do what they should of done last season or during the summer at the very latest.

[/quote]

[quote user="SNAP"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote][/quote]

Some really good points in here. Increasingly Archant have relied increasingly ove the past few years on pulling in people who work on other areas of the paper and getting them to write the columns and fire the bullets that the sports staff seem too timid to address. They seem afraid of doing, or printing, anything that may upset Queen Delia. They seem to think that the weekly Docherty pathetic rallying call is better than no access to Colney at all and that it will somehow sell newspapers.

What surprises me to some extent is that no one in a senior position at Archant is unable to see the beginning of the end and realise that they would sell more newspapers (for that''s what they are all about) by going on the offensive. So what if they get thrown out of Colney. Bring it on they should be saying! Who''s going to be the winner in the short, medium and even long term - Archant of course.

So come on Archant - start supporting local people and not a bunch of incompetent amateurs running a football club like a catering and conference business. If you leave it to the end of the season for a big inquest you will have missed an opportunity and lost the respect of the people you claim to be representing.

not sure i bneed to email it to the ed CA. he will see it on here im sure, as we all know Archant view these boards daily and moderate them too...

i expect nothing will be done, a shame, as we could have Fridays front page screaming out with the answers.... but no doubt it will just be an interview with Jamie cureton saying "im going to score a goal" or something predictable like that.