Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Will Chase Out style protests happen?

[quote user="jbghost"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

but then when Chase was at the club "who was waiting in the wings to buy us"?

Who really, honestly knew that Aldo Spinelli, Delia smith and her husband and Harry Serrius were all trying to buy the club?

not one of us....

theres investors out there, and when the board decide to sell they will make themselves known.

jas :)

[/quote]

We weren''t in a deep recession then jas, that''s the difference.

[/quote]

hahaha you keep making them excuses WAY...

Attitudes like yours have all but got us relegated now... how much longer you going to give these clowns to drag your club further down the pan???  [+o(]

[/quote]

So is this at last an admission that you are not a supporter. Surely you should have said OUR club.

[/quote]

You really are a sad d!ck aren''t you??? [:$]

[quote user="DONT REMEMBER YOUR TENURE AS ENGLAND MANAGER"]Smudger; lets make it happen then bud. Hound out the board time. I am well and truly up for some Chaseque protest[/quote]

Are you going Thursday???

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="Steeevo"]What happened against Villa? Before my time.[/quote]

More or less a riot!

[/quote]I don''t remember a riot, but a lot of fans (including a load of Villa fans) stayed behind in the Barclay and chanted ''Chase Out!'' for a fair ole time.We were eventually ejected, but things were tense for a while when we didn''t know what the police might or might not do.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

I hope my seat gets trashed in any riot, hopefully it will be replaced with a brand new, shiny, yellow seat.....

Hey everybody, it would appear that despite what Rude Old says it is not our fault, according the man, the myth, the legend that is Smudger, it is all WAY49`s fault.......

[/quote]

49 may be many things, a babe? most certainly...............but the reason for the clubs implosion? just give up Smudger, you''re just getting plain silly now.

[/quote]

Plain silly WIZ... but it''s the truth and you know it.

You are to blame more than most.

Can''t attend this meeting coz you are in a wheelchair, can''t attend that meeting coz you are in a wheel chair... blahblahblahblahblah... [:$]

Has Tilly offered you a lift as yet for Thursday night???

[/quote]

The wheelchairs not the issue big mouth, transport is! You''re so full of **** Smudger............just go to hell.............and stay there!

Oh...............and what goes round..................

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

More or less a riot!

[/quote]

I don''t remember a riot, but a lot of fans (including a load of Villa fans) stayed behind in the Barclay and chanted ''Chase Out!'' for a fair ole time.

We were eventually ejected, but things were tense for a while when we didn''t know what the police might or might not do.
[/quote]

The Villa fans were top class.  When we were relegated at Leeds their fans were singing "Well hello Norwich, hello Norwich, so nice to have you back where you belong".  The Villa fans sang "We''ll meet again".

For that reason it gives me particular pleasure to see where Leeds are now, I dislike them even more than Wolves.

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

More or less a riot!

[/quote]

I don''t remember a riot, but a lot of fans (including a load of Villa fans) stayed behind in the Barclay and chanted ''Chase Out!'' for a fair ole time.

We were eventually ejected, but things were tense for a while when we didn''t know what the police might or might not do.
[/quote]

Remember the on-the-pitch sit down protest?  That was us......[:D]

Strange, as I recall that Villa game being more peaceful than most - maybe we were resigned to our fate by then.  Most of the riots I remember were earlier in the season.

I too stayed in the Barclay after the match and the Villa fans were definitely sound as...  it was the 50th aniversary of D-Day (or summat like that) and Vera Lynn was back in the charts - hence signing ''We''ll meet again''.

Did it kick off outside then Arthur?!  That one must have passed me by... Shame, as a 16 year old I must admit there was fair amount of enjoyment mixed in with the anger directed at Chase.

Will we really see a return to police horses charging down City fans on Carrow Road?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Scot-e-dog"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

More or less a riot!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Remember the on-the-pitch sit down protest?  That was us......[:D]

[/quote]

Ha ha!  No way...  I had forgotten about that!  Legend.  Get any grief for it?

"Ha ha!  No way...  I had forgotten about that!  Legend.  Get any grief for it?"

No, as usual i was a spawny git.  I walked off to a standing ovation from the Barclay and the Villa fans (who were protesting against Ellis at the time) which was just amazing.  As far as i know everyone else was nicked......[:S]  The police collared me at Grimsby away the following season but i just got a warning.

Yes it kicked off outside the City Stand in Carrow Road when the police decided they needed to re-open the road so started to try and move on the demonstrators out there. As I recall they sent in a couple of horses and when one of them basically started getting freaked out a bit by the crowd and nearly crushed one of our well known fans who was in a wheelchair and couldn''t get out the way the mood of the crowd turned very ugly. Were running skirmishes up and down Carrow Road with police for half an hour or so.

Seem to remember a protest against Forest towards the end of that season, a big one against Liverpool (I missed that game), and then the Villa one.  I think it got really ugly against Southend the following season, but lots of fans (me included) were boycotting by then.  Yet even by the end of the 1994-5 season, there were fans who were still defending Chase.  I mean, he''s in the hall of fame for Christ sake!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="DONT REMEMBER YOUR TENURE AS ENGLAND MANAGER"]Smudger; lets make it happen then bud. Hound out the board time. I am well and truly up for some Chaseque protest[/quote]

[/quote]

I am working on trying to attend; just need to see if I can change some shifts. Would appreciate some feedback if I can''t attend. Dude you have been spot on and fair play to you. Recession or not I am not buying that there is no one out there with the funds to invest in this club.

[quote user="DONT REMEMBER YOUR TENURE AS ENGLAND MANAGER"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

I am working on trying to attend; just need to see if I can change some shifts. Would appreciate some feedback if I can''t attend. Dude you have been spot on and fair play to you. Recession or not I am not buying that there is no one out there with the funds to invest in this club.

[/quote]

Neither am I mate... never have done...

Those who claim that we can''t find investors due to the recession are the same people who have made excuse after excuse for Delia & Co for the last 4 years.

When are they just going to hold their hand up and admit that they have been wrong all along?

Then and only then (when a large number of fans are prepared to stand together) do we have a chance of ousting this board of directors and the pathetic attitude amongst our fans that has been the demise of a club which deserves so much better!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

but then when Chase was at the club "who was waiting in the wings to buy us"?

Who really, honestly knew that Aldo Spinelli, Delia smith and her husband and Harry Serrius were all trying to buy the club?

not one of us....

theres investors out there, and when the board decide to sell they will make themselves known.

jas :)

[/quote]

We weren''t in a deep recession then jas, that''s the difference.

[/quote]

hahaha you keep making them excuses WAY...

Attitudes like yours have all but got us relegated now... how much longer you going to give these clowns to drag your club further down the pan???  [+o(]

[/quote]

With all due respects you know nothing about me and how I feel.  If you''d been paying attention from your busy life you would know I have been playing devils advocate for quite a few weeks, asking questions that prompt replies and create intelligent debate.

Now trot along and wind Tilly up.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

I hope my seat gets trashed in any riot, hopefully it will be replaced with a brand new, shiny, yellow seat.....

Hey everybody, it would appear that despite what Rude Old says it is not our fault, according the man, the myth, the legend that is Smudger, it is all WAY49`s fault.......

[/quote]

lol how little he knows me SOB

[quote user="IBA"]What would be the point? Whats the alternative?
[/quote]

Careful IBA you''ll be playing into smudgers hands as a firm board apologist.

Apparently it''s all my fault anyhow [:''(]

I am very sad that a fine upstanding citizen <<coff coff>> (who I have defended more than once on here) has turned the clubs problems into being my fault, how will I ever recover lmfao

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="IBA"]What would be the point? Whats the alternative?
[/quote]

Careful IBA you''ll be playing into smudgers hands as a firm board apologist.

Apparently it''s all my fault anyhow [:''(]

I am very sad that a fine upstanding citizen <<coff coff>> (who I have defended more than once on here) has turned the clubs problems into being my fault, how will I ever recover lmfao

[/quote]

Wiz takes big sigh and shakes his head!

Listen up guys, its quite simple, I made a promise to myself last night (after shamefully losing my temper with Smudger) just treat him as a dead man, ie, non-existant.

Its already working for me.[:D]

PROTEST NOW! The more pressure on the board the quicker they will want to sell. They will have no choice unless they wait until after relegation where the club will be worth pennies anyway.