Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Delia - it would not be easy to just walk out

all these posts on here asking for the board to go in some ways makes me laugh. i am disgusted in the situation we have let ourselves get in to but have realistically decided the board are going nowhere.

Just think how much Delia has a say in...... ''Delias'' restaurant to start with - i can bet that a percentage of the profit goes to her. Also the money she has pumped into the club will be tied down to t&c''s - she would no doubt want every penny owed to her. Also these catering, wine tasting and cooking days - they make loads from these but we never see any money available - how much goes into Delia''s pocket? She is far too tied into this club to walk. 

I personally WOULD like to see change at OUR club.

Actually, the profits are re-invested into the Football Club.  She waives interest on the £11Mn''s worth of loans she''s put into the Club.  Granted, she''s made some awful decisions and should now go - but to say she doesn''t have the interests of NCFC at heart are just wrong and anyone who has actually met her will agree.

When will people realise that people like Delia Smith are involved in the club purely as a business to make money. Sure the team had not performed as she would have liked, she could see only envisage City in the Premiership and her money invested making mega-bucks this however is not the case and if City go down a division it will be even worse for her money creating objectives. Things have turned out very sour for her.

It is noticeable that when City were riding high we could not keep Delia off our TV screens or out of the papers, she was always there waving the yellow and green and crowing about how wonderful City were. Now just think how many times has she been seen on TV or in the papers in the past few months.

[quote user="sidewinder"]

When will people realise that people like Delia Smith are involved in the club purely as a business to make money. Sure the team had not performed as she would have liked, she could see only envisage City in the Premiership and her money invested making mega-bucks this however is not the case and if City go down a division it will be even worse for her money creating objectives. Things have turned out very sour for her.

It is noticeable that when City were riding high we could not keep Delia off our TV screens or out of the papers, she was always there waving the yellow and green and crowing about how wonderful City were. Now just think how many times has she been seen on TV or in the papers in the past few months.

[/quote]

Now you really are being stupid with comments like that. Just how the hell has she made any money out of the club? She takes nothing from the club, has ploughed millions into the club which she gets no interest from.

Whatever we think she is a much bigger name than Norwich City. She makes her money from being Delia Smith the cook, not Delia Smith the director of Norwich City. If she does go as one poster has already said we will certainly lose out on the catering side as it''s her name that fills the restaurant each night and draws in peolpe to all the very expensive cookery courses etc.

[quote user="jbghost"][quote user="sidewinder"]

[/quote]

Now you really are being stupid with comments like that. Just how the hell has she made any money out of the club? She takes nothing from the club, has ploughed millions into the club which she gets no interest from.

Whatever we think she is a much bigger name than Norwich City. She makes her money from being Delia Smith the cook, not Delia Smith the director of Norwich City. If she does go as one poster has already said we will certainly lose out on the catering side as it''s her name that fills the restaurant each night and draws in peolpe to all the very expensive cookery courses etc.

[/quote]

She WOULD have made money on her investment if city had stayed up in the Premiership and performed reasonable well as I indicated in the next sentence of  my post. I never said she had MADE any money. Do you think people invest money in a businesses like NCFC just for fun? She expected to make money on her investment at the time, it did not pay off.

[/quote]

Partially, I think because it was seen as a good story at the time but things have changed and the nationals really have virtually no interest in the Championship League these days.  Their resources have been cut as well and mostly they tend to concentrate on the Premier League.

[quote user="sidewinder"][quote user="jbghost"][quote user="sidewinder"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

She WOULD have made money on her investment if city had stayed up in the Premiership and performed reasonable well as I indicated in the next sentence of  my post. I never said she had MADE any money. Do you think people invest money in a businesses like NCFC just for fun? She expected to make money on her investment at the time, it did not pay off.

[/quote]sure - i think its reasonable comment to suggest delia and michael expected their money back from selling a successful football business - as recently as when the turners joined the board - surely they were being groomed to takeover,,,but alas the smart money has since turned dumb and fled - and the credit crunch/recession/depression has put paid to a fair return...the shares are little more than junk imo presently...

People read far too much into the Turners joing (and leaving) the board. They were needed to join at short notice due to a previous director leaving the board at short notice. i don''t think there was ever this grand plan for them to take over the club that some people seem to suggest.

Shifty Sid,

Neither majority shareholder has any outtsanding loans to the club. They have shareholdings, so the question of interest does not arise. I would also question where this idea that she has invested £11M into the club has come from. She has purchaesed shares not made a dontation (as was the case with Geoffrey Watling) and furthermore, she has not purhcased anywhere near as much as £11M worth, it is significantly less than this. She is no saviour of the club and a proportion of the capital she had to put into the club has been to cover the impact of their disastrous foray into property development (i.e. of the house building kind). She has screwed up big time and we are all sharing in the pain.

If Delia and Michael put their money into the club expecting to make a profit then they must be extremely stupid. Given their success elsewhere I would suggest that this is not the case.

Nuff Said,

Clearly they are not stupid - although the market is littered with people who were considered clever only a short while ago.

However, they have done some stupid things, no more stupid than trying to become a property developer and mistiming their exit point. Consequently, we have leached money from the team to cover the cost of houses that may not be built for a very long time. This could bring down their entire invtesment, although I agre that they would probbaly settle for their money back now rather than the £30 per share they were holding out for.

RK/WAY,

Disagree. The only way she is going to make a profit in this climate is to cling on for another five years or more and I simply cant see her having the stomach to wait that long.

[quote user="ricky knight"]I will wager when HRH leaves the club she will regain every penny and some.[/quote]I''ll take that bet, Ricky Knight, based on the EDP estimate that Delia has put £10m out of her own pocket into the club. Shall we say £100, and the beneficiary that excellent Cancer Research charity for which Beauseant is raising money?If Delia gets back more than £10m I pay up, and if she gets back only £10m or less you pay up. Either way a good cause is better off by £100.

[/quote]

For me I think this is one of the biggest disappointments. She was very much up for it when she was rubbing shoulders with the big boys but as soon as things started to go tits up she gave up her seat in the Barclay and decided that her Norfolk Show debacle should be her last public pontification. Come on Deals - let be ''avin YOU now".

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

Shifty Sid,

Neither majority shareholder has any outtsanding loans to the club. They have shareholdings, so the question of interest does not arise. I would also question where this idea that she has invested £11M into the club has come from. She has purchaesed shares not made a dontation (as was the case with Geoffrey Watling) and furthermore, she has not purhcased anywhere near as much as £11M worth, it is significantly less than this. She is no saviour of the club and a proportion of the capital she had to put into the club has been to cover the impact of their disastrous foray into property development (i.e. of the house building kind). She has screwed up big time and we are all sharing in the pain.

[/quote]

Delia Smith''s own estimate of how much money she has put in since first becoming involved with Norwich City is "around £11 million."

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ricky knight"]I will wager when HRH leaves the club she will regain every penny and some.[/quote]

I''ll take that bet, Ricky Knight, based on the EDP estimate that Delia has put £10m out of her own pocket into the club. Shall we say £100, and the beneficiary that excellent Cancer Research charity for which Beauseant is raising money?

If Delia gets back more than £10m I pay up, and if she gets back only £10m or less you pay up. Either way a good cause is better off by £100.[/quote]

I dont believe she has put in ten mill, estimates are just that but if she goes away with LESS than 10 mill i will put in Â£100 to a childrens charity.

Cam,

I appreciate that you are quoting someone else rather than your own belief. However, any research into this matter (as has been done to death by Canary Nut and Mr Carrow) shows that she has put in considerably less. I cant recall the exact number, but I believe it be circa £6M. She is probably counting the loss of interest on loans converted to shares and other notional items to get up to £11M. I firmly believe she is being very economical with the truth.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ricky knight"]I will wager when HRH leaves the club she will regain every penny and some.[/quote]I''ll take that bet, Ricky Knight, based on the EDP estimate that Delia has put £10m out of her own pocket into the club. Shall we say £100, and the beneficiary that excellent Cancer Research charity for which Beauseant is raising money?If Delia gets back more than £10m I pay up, and if she gets back only £10m or less you pay up. Either way a good cause is better off by £100.[/quote]

I dont believe she has put in ten mill, estimates are just that but if she goes away with LESS than 10 mill i will put in Â£100 to a childrens charity.

[/quote]Ricky, I took the EDP''s estimate of £10m because the paper has no obvious axe to grind either way, and it is lower, as Camuldonum points out, than Delia''s own estimate.However, it is sporting of you to take the bet, and I''m quite happy to do it on your terms - that if she eventually gets back anything under £10m you pay, and if she gets £10m or above I pay. And, of course, your choice of a children''s charity is fine as well.

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

Cam,

I appreciate that you are quoting someone else rather than your own belief. However, any research into this matter (as has been done to death by Canary Nut and Mr Carrow) shows that she has put in considerably less. I cant recall the exact number, but I believe it be circa £6M. She is probably counting the loss of interest on loans converted to shares and other notional items to get up to £11M. I firmly believe she is being very economical with the truth.

[/quote]

You may well be right but that is what she claims and was quoted on it just a couple of weeks ago.

Wasn''t a figure of £6 million quoted at the time of the infamous Cullum non takeover? Since then she has loaned the club another £2 million when the Turners left and I believe she personally paid for the refurbishment of the Barclay End kitchens and hospitality areas a few years ago. Didn''t she personally buy Carl Robinson and maybe other players as well?

So I guess £10 million is not a mile from the truth even without all the interest she has missed out on.

If they were not so full of spin and BS she would tell you exactly what she has put in, dont tell me she dont know, if she dont she needs a new accountant.