Sign in to follow this  
Croydon Canary

Loan signings in the third division.

My nightmare senario would be to see the Pinkun and read as follows:

Gunn snapped up Barnsley striker Joe Crapp on a three month loan. " the lad can,t get much playing time at Oakwell but he,s young and keen" said Gunn."He,s just recovered from a near career ending injury and I,m sure he can help us move up the table ". Gunn added "although he may not be the quickest and on paper his strike rate is low he obviously has Championship quality".

You forgot Gunn''s catchphrase for when a player is signed... "I''m delighted".

quote user = "whoareyou?"   Let''s be honest, what player will want to go on loan to a League One club?

There are lots of loan players plying their trade in League One so I fail to understand your point?

I hate to say it but I can see our loan player recruitment plan continuing if/when we get relegated as it seems to be how the board wishes to do business.  They do not seem to realise what a dreadful short termist approach it is

Loan players from which divisions though? The std of loan player we will be able to attract will be lower than it is now...and that is saying something. I can''t see any Premier League youngster wanting to play there.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

A  number of young PL players have been loaned out to League One clubs over the last couple of seasons.

[/quote]

Yeah,Hereford have loads..some from Manyoo and L''pool. And they are going down,just like us.

i think it''s safe to assume that the quality of loan players drop from the championship to league 1, but it doesn''t mean they are bad. it''s more likely to mean the player/owner clubs expectations of the players potential are slightly lower than those loaned to championship clubs

take MK Dons for example, they have two players on loan from Chelsea (Cummings and Magnay) both of which i''ve never heard of. however, Cummings plays regular first team football for MKD and they''re not doing too bad for themselves

i wonder if Cummings, a centre back, would have been a better gamble than Bertrand a left back?

Well the main thing will be the players salaries should drop so at least there should be a proper sized squad for the first time since the promotion year!

[quote user="San Miguel"]

i think it''s safe to assume that the quality of loan players drop from the championship to league 1, but it doesn''t mean they are bad. it''s more likely to mean the player/owner clubs expectations of the players potential are slightly lower than those loaned to championship clubs

take MK Dons for example, they have two players on loan from Chelsea (Cummings and Magnay) both of which i''ve never heard of. however, Cummings plays regular first team football for MKD and they''re not doing too bad for themselves

i wonder if Cummings, a centre back, would have been a better gamble than Bertrand a left back?

[/quote]

I think Magnay is a centre back, he won the show on Sky 1 ''Football Icon'' IIRC so he cant be that bad... 

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

My nightmare scenario is: "We very grateful to Ipswich Town for letting us have Player X on loan while he regains his fitness"  [+o(]

[/quote]Or... we are grateful to Diss Town for letting us loan......