Sign in to follow this  
westoncanary.

Six pointer

I know every match is important, but when was the last time the first game of the season could seriously be classed as a "six pointer"? How important will the Palace game prove to be and the end of the season?

I think very important. If we assume that we''ll get nothing out of ManU (A), Arsenal (H) or Newcastle (A), I think its kind of important that we get to the end of August with some points on the board for morale! The autumn looks a little easier with some games we''ll fancy our chances in, its just that start!!!

I think the Palace game is vital not only in terms of points, but also in terms of confidence. To not beat palace at home and then have to face man u, newcastle etc would surely knock the confidence of even the most confident/arrogant players.

2-1 city!

Not very, bearing in mind that we''ll be squatting comfortably in mid-table mediocrity by the end of the season looking at the long list of dodgy clubs below us. Then again maybe it could be the game that eventually turns out to put palace back with the binners?

I recall reading a post here a few weeks ago predicting a 4-0 victory.

Followed by a win over Arsenal and some notable away draws.
Can''t remember who the Poster was but was wondering how his treatment was coming along.

It is an important game - but arent most at the start of the year? We have won opening games 4-0 and had average season or last year we drew at Bradford which in hindsight was a poor result - however it rarely has a say in the final outcome of the season - was it gillingham who were top after a thumping early season win last year - it did them no good.

Yes the following games are tough - but they need playing at some stage and with Manures problems documented elsewhere on this site and those teams having players away for Euro2004 it may work to our advantage. These ar our fantasy league games - any points are a bonus.

However again if we remain winless after the gooners it is still not a disaster. Some time ago I said that our season really kicks off in October and that 2 month run of games is when we need to put a run together and us a fans to really get behind the players.

Roll on August - its almost too good to be true..

OTBC