Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Why not play Cody?

None of the ''established'' strikers are scoring...why the hell not roll the dice and see if he hits a few? Come to that why not change things round- I for one would love to see this team for Tuesday:

GK: Marshall

LB: Grounds

CB: Doc

CB: Shacks

RB: Rusty (Semi is poo)

LW: Carney

CM: Patty

CM: Hooly

RM: Croft

FW: McDonald

Fw; Cort

SUBS: lelljr (whatever!), Daley, Foz Bertrand, Semi (in case my Rusty notion doesnt work)

well why not?

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

None of the ''established'' strikers are scoring...why the hell not roll the dice and see if he hits a few? Come to that why not change things round- I for one would love to see this team for Tuesday:

GK: Marshall

LB: Grounds

CB: Doc

CB: Shacks

RB: Rusty (Semi is poo)

LW: Carney

CM: Patty

CM: Hooly

RM: Croft

FW: McDonald

Fw; Cort

SUBS: lelljr (whatever!), Daley, Foz Bertrand, Semi (in case my Rusty notion doesnt work)

well why not?

[/quote]

Whats happened to Clingan?

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]rusty is even worse than semi at rb...i''d have him or matty patty alongside clinkers in centre mid...

as for the forwards - why not just pick the names out of a hat???lol,,,
[/quote]

Got to disagree there, before Rusty left for Stoke he had some good games at right back, am sure he could do a job. To be fair, semi has been our worst player of late, his defending is atroscious and he doesnt attack often enough.

[quote user="Gary"]Cody would be great but hes not fit[/quote]Exactly, no where near match fitness yet!Either way, i''m sure he will be featuring before the end of the season.

Whether match fit or not I would certainly give him 30  - 45 minutes the lad is an un known quantity in this league, he knows where the goal is, could cause some confusion in the oppositions defence. Unfortunately our management wont pick him or anyone else that doesnt bleed yellow and green

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Mcdonald is worth a punt from the bench!

[/quote]

Agreed! and players only get match fit by playing in matches.

I don''t think it would be right to bring Cody in this late in the season when it seems our campaign is nearing a brutally abrupt end, I think he should a regular member of the sixteen man squad next season (if, of course we are relegated) and build him at a lover level - because if he has the potential that some have mentioned, then he should be well equiped for League One football next season which should put him in good stead for hopefully Championship football the season after!

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Why can no-one spell Leijer? It''s not like Khizanishvili[/quote]Actually, it is

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Why can no-one spell Leijer? It''s not like Khizanishvili[/quote]okspell mississippi without looking at how i have spelt it....or spell stelios .......''s name (the former bolton man.)

In the  absence of Lita or Evans coming MacDonald is arisk worth taking. Only by doing something different will  results change,we need wins and he may be aflop on the oher hand he may stick in half a dozen chances in the  remaining games. He is 22 so provided he is reasonably fit we need  to give him a go

Give him a go, why not. Same applies with Leijer, Carney and Gow. The old players have not performed this season so what makes people think that they will do the trick now?