Sign in to follow this  
BGG&YPOS

Up for a Fight?

After the results at the weekend, who truly believes the squad we have, have actually got the guts and balls for a relegation battle? Me, I''m sorry to say that they have not, we need to get at least 6 points more than some of our rivals and that I believe is beyond this squad. I just hope these words come back and haunt me and they prove me wrong. 

Same here. I cannot see a way out of this. The other sides at the bottom are now starting to pick up points, and I just cant see where the points are going to come from for us to make up the ground. I really did think we could beat Coventry and Forest and Plymouth would both lose making things look a lot better, but now I think unless we get back to back away wins we are as good as down [:''(]

[quote user="AJ"]A very similar post was posted yesterday; http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1596869/ShowPost.aspx

On topic though, I really don''t think we have enough to stay up now, we didn''t do enough in January. We''re still missing those key players to win us games. I''m resigned now.
[/quote]

Sorry about that AJ, been off the board for a few days as so depressed.

[quote user="BGGYPOS"]

[quote user="AJ"]A very similar post was posted yesterday; http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1596869/ShowPost.aspx

On topic though, I really don''t think we have enough to stay up now, we didn''t do enough in January. We''re still missing those key players to win us games. I''m resigned now.[/quote]

Sorry about that AJ, been off the board for a few days as so depressed.

[/quote]That''s fine, I wasn''t telling you off or anything! Was just referring you to a similar thread, it''s an interesting topic, but many people are beginning to resign themselves to the obvious, the players just haven''t got anything more in them now.

I think there''s certainly still a chance of survival. Looking at the teams in and around us at the bottom, the likes of Forest, Southampton, Plymouth and Watford have been dire for much of the season and just because they''ve picked up a few lucky points recently I don''t expect them keep doing so in the last 11 or so games. We''ve got Plymouth, Watford and Charlton still to play and despite our recent form I''d still back us to beat them. 3 points at the swamp in April would also be a huge boost, another result which I think we CAN get.

Will we need lady luck to play its part? Of course. But with 11 games there''s still enough time to turn things around. Who would have backed Fulham to escape relegation from the Premier League last season? They looked down and out after losing to Newcastle but they somehow secured survival. Hull City were dire in the season before last, but stayed up and then next season got themselves promoted. And of course there is our last Premier League run as an example. I think we were 7 points adrift at the bottom and with Man United visiting Carrow Road it looked like we had no chance. Not only did we beat them but it triggered a couple more wins and we even got out of the bottom three (I''m ignoring what happened on the last day of that season!). Yes, the team has changed since then but these examples and countless others prove it can be done. At the very least we can still get out of the bottom three even before we visit Ipswich. From then, who knows.

And thus completes my Pink''un debut!

[quote user="Superflash"]

I think there''s certainly still a chance of survival. Looking at the teams in and around us at the bottom, the likes of Forest, Southampton, Plymouth and Watford have been dire for much of the season and just because they''ve picked up a few lucky points recently I don''t expect them keep doing so in the last 11 or so games. We''ve got Plymouth, Watford and Charlton still to play and despite our recent form I''d still back us to beat them. 3 points at the swamp in April would also be a huge boost, another result which I think we CAN get.

Will we need lady luck to play its part? Of course. But with 11 games there''s still enough time to turn things around. Who would have backed Fulham to escape relegation from the Premier League last season? They looked down and out after losing to Newcastle but they somehow secured survival. Hull City were dire in the season before last, but stayed up and then next season got themselves promoted. And of course there is our last Premier League run as an example. I think we were 7 points adrift at the bottom and with Man United visiting Carrow Road it looked like we had no chance. Not only did we beat them but it triggered a couple more wins and we even got out of the bottom three (I''m ignoring what happened on the last day of that season!). Yes, the team has changed since then but these examples and countless others prove it can be done. At the very least we can still get out of the bottom three even before we visit Ipswich. From then, who knows.

And thus completes my Pink''un debut!

[/quote]

Big difference being is that we had some quality players in the Premier; not quality enough to keep us in the Premier, but much better than the Third Division squad we have presently.

[quote] Big difference being is that we had some quality players in the Premier; not quality enough to keep us in the Premier, but much better than the Third Division squad we have presently.
[/quote]

Fair comment, but I still think there''s enough quality to match up to the teams such as Watford, Plymouth etc as their squads are just as shabby if not more so. We''ve got enough. Barely, but we''ve got enough. We need only look at the results against Wolves, Barnsley and Ipswich to prove we''ve got the bottle.

I think all guts in this team were ripped out when Dion & Hucks left. If Hucks at least was still here I think we''d be outside the bottom 3... & no I won''t get over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Norwich haven''t had any leadership on the pitch all season, and i believe this has had a big impact on our season

Fozzy isn''t a captain, the guys never involved with the run of play, he can''t even control the midfield, and he''s not good enough to play anyway. getting in a strop shouldn''t be the catalyst for him being dropped, it should have happened a long time ago

Doc has been captain sometimes but again he''s not exactly the extrovert, vocal member of the team we need.

for me, the captain should have been Clingan this season. i''m not his biggest fan by any means and appreciate he''ll probably be moving on soon but he does control the midfield when he''s playing and that''s the only spark of leadership i can see on the pitch

It''s my big bug bear I guess. There have been no leaders in the team/squad all season. Roeder got rid of the last of the inspirational characters/figures we had in the team. Seems like he did not want anyone round the place bigger than him. His big fat ego has contributed so much towards us being in this plight. Dublin was a leader and an inspiration, never replaced. Huckerby was the same.

Agree Clingan should had been captain, but he is still not quite what we need.

Worthy''s promotion team was packed with player''s who were inspirational, commited to the cause, inspirational and vocal, and who put in 100% week in week out. Not always the greatest of players, but boy you could relie on them and you knew what you were going to get from them. And they clearly relied upon and trusted each other.

Oh for a Gary Holt or Iwan Roberts or a Malky in the team at the moment. They are the sort we need now. Not the whimps we have turning out week after week. How much could we had done with Dublin at the moment organising the back line (no accident Doherty or Shackell were only at there best with Dublin beside them) or Dublin leading the line at this time of crisis. He would possibly been a better choice for manager as well.

That Roeder ripped the heart out of Norwich City in the summer is now so plain to see. With the heart went the last of the leaders and fighters and Inspiration.   

[quote user="Jonesy"]I think all guts in this team were ripped out when Dion & Hucks left. If Hucks at least was still here I think we''d be outside the bottom 3... & no I won''t get over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

I have to agree, and now I see no way that we will now survive as too many mistakes have been made that have weakened the squad and morale. For example, why has Carney not played in any of the last three games, and why has Pattison not even been on the bench, and why does Otsemobor keep getting selected.