Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

poor old corty turned inside and out for covs 2nd goal - wtf!!!

having just seen coventry''s second goal - firstly - what was poor old

corty doing in that posi in the first place.  secondly, his knees are

so shot the poor chap was turned inside and out 3 times by the eventual

scorer,,,corty clearly laboured to keep up with the twists and

turns...but what really p***ed me off - was why didn''t another

naaarwich player came to his aid...it was inside the fudgin area after

all...its as if the squad were mere bystanders to a mesmirising dance -

beguiled by a young talented newcomer''s dominance over an old aging

pro...and having left corty trailing in his wake after the third turn -

the cov player was left with a clean sight of the goal - and he obliged

with a beauty - a great finish admittedly - but where were the defence

at this point???it seems to me that the players might well be

gelling in their pre-match huddle - but do they actually believe the

bilge they come out with anymore - cos it seems we have lost confidence

completely in our ability to defend...a tale of half hearted

challenges,,,leaving opposition players unmarked in the area,,,and

failing to help corty out tiold its own story for the gaols we

conceeded on saturday...its keystone cops relegation defending - the

sort of headless chicken s**t you see from poor sides destined for the

drop...and i can''t see how such a chronic loss of confidence and form

can be adressed in time to save us from the drop...even look east seemed to be taking the pee tonight...sad times indeed,,,

The fact that Cort was there in the first place (as you said) was ridiculous, Coventry really did play to our weaknesses on Saturday, we have a team who follow the ball a lot, and therefore get out of position regularly. It''s why you see us conceding so many goals with the opposition winger pinging in a ball to the box straight to an unmarked player so many times (see Cov''s first goal on Saturday), it''s inept defending with basic stuff, I would have hoped Butterworth''s arrival may have affected this positively.

Cort shouldn''t of been put in that position but the ease in which the bloke turned him inside out shows how far gone his legs are gone and subsequently is not good enough at this level!

Frankly he was defending because he probably knows we are apt at conceding, hat off to him for trying.

Given Corty did the right thing in committing and stretching to try and block each cross (or cross feint), he isnt going to have much chance against the man on the ball, who knows when he is going to hit it!

i''m not blaming corty - fair play to him for trying - it was pitiful trying to see him match the twists and turns of a younger player - it was like seeing my cat toying with a mouse...but he shouldn''t have been there in the first place,,,and when clearly labouring - he should have been supported...poor old show imo...

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]my thought at the time and still is ''where is Grounds'' he looked like a CB playing left back for me on Saturday positioning was poor and offered nowt in an attacking sense, I''d play Bertie ahead of him[/quote]

Really?

Grounds was awful at CB and looks more comfortable at LB is far superior there than Bertrand!

this is what annoyed me on sat capt couragous could have tackled the bloke who passed to bell for the first goal   but didnt  Then  watched poor old corty get turned inside out with no offer of help for the second  but he''s treatment from the crowd when subbed  was out of order

Ccouldn''t agree more with this thread. Both of our full backs have been an absolute disgrace for the last two home games. [:@] I honestly think I would be more effective in defence than Otsemobor has been. And I''m absolutely awful! 

[quote user="Largey"]

Given Corty did the right thing in committing and stretching to try and block each cross (or cross feint), he isnt going to have much chance against the man on the ball, who knows when he is going to hit it!

[/quote]

Agreed. Corty did really well to hold the bloke up, and create ample time for a proper defender to come and double up. For a 6''4 centre forward he did really well to not dive in, but his teammates left him out to dry. Disgraceful.

For me the problem on saturday was that we didnt pressurise the ball until they got to the edge of our area, while when we had the ball as soon as we got into their half they were after us. It was a shame Cort got turned inside out just after nearly karate kicking the guys head off as he entered the area which proably had more to do with him losing his composure than any dodgy knee. The only people trying to pressurise the ball and opposition were Shackell, Doherty and Croft (who always works hard, regardless of any technical failings). If your waiting for your centre backs to be the only ones to do that then it''s pretty likely the opposition are going to be pretty close to your goal and causing problems even if they are even an average team.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]my thought at the time and still is ''where is Grounds'' he looked like a CB playing left back for me on Saturday positioning was poor and offered nowt in an attacking sense, I''d play Bertie ahead of him[/quote]

Really?

Grounds was awful at CB and looks more comfortable at LB is far superior there than Bertrand!

[/quote]

He was so comfortable that he left a centre forward to do his job for him.

Sorry, but full backs have been our Achilles Heel the entire season.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]

Agreed. Corty did really well to hold the bloke up, and create ample time for a proper defender to come and double up. For a 6''4 centre forward he did really well to not dive in, but his teammates left him out to dry. Disgraceful.

[/quote]

Yup, at the time I was sitting there saying "someone help him out"

All it would have taken was for 1 other player to double up and he''d never have scored. But nobody wanted to take responsibility and, if I remember correctly, our captain was very close by.

This is why work rate is so important, it goes a heck of a long way in this league.