Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Primus or Harewood?

Hmm, it depends what else he has up his sleeve. The consensus seems to be that we still need one more defender (probably right sided) to give us adequate cover - at least numerically!

But I think we still need one striker/right winger to replace Rivers, if you assume two players for each position and we have Hux/Svensson and McKenzie/Abbey/Jarvis/Henderson already.

So both please!

Ama

In terms of priority I would have to go with Creative Midfielder, but money may say that Harewood is the more likely bet. Either or both would be infinitely better than neither, she says, stating the obvious! I think they are both class acts and would do well for us. Crank up your phone, Worthy, even though it''s the middle of the night in Malaysia! We''re still awake in Blighty!

Would have to be Primus - when you look at our needs at the moment. If we can add Primus to Charlton, things will be looking a good deal brighter at the back and we can turn our attentions to a big man up front (think this could well be another surprise name - someone we haven''t been linked with yet). Would like to see us get a winger too - have heard Etherington rumoured (I know, I know along with everyone else) but West Ham fans think he''s on the way somewhere as was just left out of their friendly game.

I think neither.

NW has his sights set on Scowcroft. Whatever his relative merits as a player (not as bad as some are saying) and his despite his rather unfortunate history he would cover both the right wing and striker roles. The budget is tight and this type of player who can do a proper job in more than one position is the most efficient way of building the squad.

To answer the question though, Primus for me.

Reading Worthy''s comments this morning though DL, it may well be that we will get both Primus and Scowcroft - he seems fairly confident of getting Primus, which can only be good news IMO. As for Scowcroft, he has always impressed me whenever I''ve seen him, and he seems to me to be a ''Worthy-type'' player, so that wouldn''t be a bad signing either, depending on the cost. I wouldn''t like to see us spend more than £750k on either of these two.

Harewood? Yes please, but don''t think Wet Sham will sell now they''ve sold Connolly.

Morning Temp, hope you and the family are well.

I''ve read NW''s comments too and was pleased with the positive tone it set. My last post wasn''t particularily clear however. What I meant to say was that the signing of Scowcroft should become the priority over Primus at this time. The signing of Charlton (brilliant acquisition) means NW can maintain focus on getting that extra striker/right side berth sorted. IMO both Scowcroft and Primus are necessary (Harewood would be a bonus) but of those two, in light of Charlton, Scowcroft is now the priority.

Also, I thought/assumed Scowcroft was a right hand sided player. Am I correct or is he left hand sided? A post on another thread says he is left hand sided and now Im confused (the Sun isn''t above the yard arm yet!).

If he is left hand sided, does that leave either WLY or Brennan out in the cold?

I think Primus is a good possibility, and I''m happy as larry about that. He was awesome last season.

And I think Scowcroft is a dummy target. I think while we''re all wondering when he will sign, NW will pop up with someone we never even thought of. At least I hope so as, although I rate Scowcroft quite highly, I think we need goals from somewhere - Sven isn''t a big scorer, nor is Hucks, and I think Leon will be initially a bit-part player.

Harewood has stated hes not gonna move from Upton Park. Primus is a done deal we''ve got him a great signing just what we needed a bit of pace in central defense great choice NW, would have never thought of him.