Sign in to follow this  
Erik the Viking

Roeder would have kept us up.............

I know it is not going to be popular in saying this but IMO I believe Roeder would have made a better fist of keeping us up than Bryan. Total ass yes and not a gent like B Gunn but  certainly a better football manager and would have def returned more than an apalling 4 out of 21 points!

[quote user="Gazza"]I know it is not going to be popular in saying this but IMO I believe Roeder would have made a better fist of keeping us up than Bryan. Total ass yes and not a gent like B Gunn but  certainly a better football manager and would have def returned more than an apalling 4 out of 21 points![/quote]

Total ass for you but..............

I know it will upset Wiz but of Cureton he said (off the record then but it doesn''t matter now):

"To be honest I''m not going to play him. I think he''s gone at this level - it''s harsh I know but that''s my take."

Roeder would not have kept us up. We may not have been in the bottom three when he left, but it was only a matter of time. Gunn had just as much chance of keeping us up as Roeder/Curbs/Ince/Boothroyd etc. The fact is that the club is such a f*cking mess that none of them could have done it.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Gazza"]I know it is not going to be popular in saying this but IMO I believe Roeder would have made a better fist of keeping us up than Bryan. Total ass yes and not a gent like B Gunn but  certainly a better football manager and would have def returned more than an apalling 4 out of 21 points![/quote]

Total ass for you but..............

I know it will upset Wiz but of Cureton he said (off the record then but it doesn''t matter now):

"To be honest I''m not going to play him. I think he''s gone at this level - it''s harsh I know but that''s my take."

[/quote]

A season tally of one goal would suggest he was right too.

6 out of 21 surely or is it 7 Barnsley 3, Wolves 1, Doncaster 1, Burnley 1 can''t remember other results without checking.  JC has got 2 goals Barnsley and Burnley, no more B''s to play only Brum.  But never mind we have a clueless legend in charge.

It is 7 from 24,  including the Barnsley game,  with 5 of those games at home and three of those definitely winnable,  and all possible not to lose. 5 from 15 is simply not good enough 

What is most damning is how pleased we were with 5 from 9 against 3 relegation candidates (barnsley, SOton and Doncaster).

Would Roeder have got more?  I dont know.  Probably not,  as GUnny has done NOTHING different to Roeder.

I''m not sure things would be different either way.  We''re watching exactly the same team, except its being led by Mr Nice rather than Mr Nasty.

Unfortunately, its all hypothetical and in hindsight after a very poor run since the Barnsley game ! Would you have been brave enough to say " We should have kept Roeder, if we want to stay up  " after Gunn was made permanent manager ?

Roeder is a difficult problem. I don''t think he can have any real complaints about his dismissal. After saving us from relegation last season Roeder should have been lauded as a hero, but his utter lack of tact or diplomacy was quite simply astonishing. How he managed to throw away so much goodwill is beyond me.

Gunn has inherited Roedent''s legacy.  Never thought from the off that he would save us.  But I don''t think Mourinho, Ferguson, Wenger et al would have either.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]I don''t agree - I think he had already lost the dressing room.[/quote]

No he hadn''t. The players were appalled at the removal. Fotheringham, Matty and Bell had immediate meetings with Doncaster and spoke on behalf of the squad in his defence. I know this was the case and something similar was reported as it was leaked by Russell.Noticed the team selection lately? Ones gone, expect the other three to move on in the summer.

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]I don''t agree - I think he had already lost the dressing room.[/quote]

No he hadn''t. The players were appalled at the removal. Fotheringham, Matty and Bell had immediate meetings with Doncaster and spoke on behalf of the squad in his defence. I know this was the case and something similar was reported as it was leaked by Russell.Noticed the team selection lately? Ones gone, expect the other three to move on in the summer.[/quote]yeah - so a split dressing room - no surprises there...obviously enough wanted roedy out - jamie hinted as much in the edp...ya boo sucks!!!

Getting rid of Roeder was the right decision - whatever certain members of the squad thought. Against Charlton and Nottingham Forest, we were completely inept and hopeless. If we had continued like that with Roeder in charge, we would still be in the position we are today.No, the wrong decision was made when Gunny was appointed. We needed someone with experience of stabilising a sinking ship. We didn''t get that.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]The wrong decision was made when Gunny was appointed. We needed someone with experience of stabilising a sinking ship. We didn''t get that. [/quote]

This statement should be typed up, printed, and flyposted over every square foot of carrow road.It''s yet another wrong turn in a monument of mistakes by this utterly inept board.

I don''t agree we would have stayed up with Roeder, however, we would have had a much better chasnce with Roeder than Gunn.

That''s not saying I didn''t want Roeder out. I absolutely hated Roeder and was delighted when he went, the board did the correct thing. They then went and messed it all up by getting an even worse football manager in. That sealed our fate.

It was the same when Worthy went. They had to get rid of him, so did the right thing. Then they got completely the wrong person in for the job.

The main reason for our demise, in my opinion, is the boardroom. However, not primarily because of their finances. But because they do not have a clue about football. Their appointment of Bryan Gunn showed us that. That is what has been wrong ever since we came down from the premiership. Poor footballing decisions.

It''s too simplistic to say that Roeder would have kept us up. What is happening is the culmination of lots of things, going back to the Worthy era. Gunny is clearly clueless,but much of the damage was already done, and the final straw for me was the offloading of Bell and Lupoli and the recall of Cureton. We have been a disaster waiting to happen for some time,and the worry is what happens next, as no new owner appears to be out there. This may not be as bad as it gets.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

I don''t agree we would have stayed up with Roeder, however, we would have had a much better chasnce with Roeder than Gunn.

That''s not saying I didn''t want Roeder out. I absolutely hated Roeder and was delighted when he went, the board did the correct thing. They then went and messed it all up by getting an even worse football manager in. That sealed our fate.

It was the same when Worthy went. They had to get rid of him, so did the right thing. Then they got completely the wrong person in for the job.

The main reason for our demise, in my opinion, is the boardroom. However, not primarily because of their finances. But because they do not have a clue about football. Their appointment of Bryan Gunn showed us that. That is what has been wrong ever since we came down from the premiership. Poor footballing decisions.

[/quote]

Agree with many of your points shaun and as I said  in my OP I felt Roeder "would have made a better fist of keeping us up than Gunn". Who knows if he would have kept us up but with Gunn in charge bottom place is certainly becoming reality!.

I did not hate Roeder as much as some on here,yeah the guy was totally misguided with some of his comments and  his personality left a lot to be desired but he is def a better manager than Bryan. Costa del Colney I imagine is easier than its ever been with Mr Nice guy in charge and boy did he look clueless yesterday sood on the touchline.

Yeah the Board are the problem no doubt about that, and bad decision after bad decision have left our club in a perilous position because as well as footballing decisions there are so many other grey areas and spin come out of the place. It truly is a DISGRACE!

[quote user="Beauseant"]It''s too simplistic to say that Roeder would have kept us up. What is happening is the culmination of lots of things, going back to the Worthy era. Gunny is clearly clueless,but much of the damage was already done, and the final straw for me was the offloading of Bell and Lupoli and the recall of Cureton. We have been a disaster waiting to happen for some time,and the worry is what happens next, as no new owner appears to be out there. This may not be as bad as it gets.[/quote]

Beausant, good points and I agree Bell & Lupoli should never have been let go!. Bell may have wanted to move to be nearer his family granted but he was under contract to NCFC and should have been told that in no uncertain terms and until we were safe he was going nowhere!, and boy he played well yesterday and has quality there is no doubt about that.The curse of "nice lil'' Norwich" strikes again!.Lupoli again another terrible decision, how can you let your leading goalscorer go?!?!, what other club would do this in our position?!, bad mgmt by Gunny. Also another player I feel we have definateley missed is Omuzuzi, defensively a far superior player to Ostemobor who is a liability and now has no competition for the RB slot, what a scary thought Ostemobors position being nailed on to the end of the season!

I said it on the day he was sacked - ''thats it, we''re down''Totally agree, and have said before about the Cueton vs lupoli/bell and Omozusi v ostemebor sagas. Totally baffling decisions. Tactically we are worse than before, mr nice guy never wins anything. I personally liked the fact Roeder was arrogant - something this club needed, putting people in their place. He was the manager and saved us from the impossible just a year ago.I still say the board should grovel back to him!

I think Roeder would have done far better than Gunn. He would have signed better players and not played Jamie.

The timing of Roeders sacking was absolutely ridiculous, I cannot remember any other manager ever being fired on the back of an FA Cup game, how ludicrous! Only at Norwich would a decision like that be made. Should have been given the Barnsley game to see how that went.

[quote user="Lupo Loop"]

I think Roeder would have done far better than Gunn. He would have signed better players and not played Jamie.

The timing of Roeders sacking was absolutely ridiculous, I cannot remember any other manager ever being fired on the back of an FA Cup game, how ludicrous! Only at Norwich would a decision like that be made. Should have been given the Barnsley game to see how that went.

[/quote]

It was just because the board saw a few empty seats for the first time in years and panic set in - so they hire a Mr Nice Norwich City Legend - and the fans fell for it, hook, line and sinker. Packed house at the Barnsley game, which I now wish we had lost because it was obvious that our pathetic naive board would appoint Gunn after a win and seeing a full stadium.

As I write this, I am starting to wonder why we bother? We do not have a football club anymore, it is a marketing machine. All these people saying "sod off and support Man Utd if you don''t like it, I will always support my club" - well do you even have a club anymore? Ask yourself that.

[quote user="Lupo Loop"]

[/quote]

Did you go to that FA Cup game? It was the first team playing, and we were absolutely dire. The sort that makes yesterday look like a stunning performance. The second worst i have ever seen Norwich play, in fact, behind losing 3-0 at home to Cheltenham in the League Cup a few years back.

He shouldn''t have been given the Barnsley game, because he''d been given far too much time to turn it around anyhow. Wasting another game would have put us in an even worse position.

Roeder was clueless, and had to go, we were clearly going down with him. Unfortunately Gunny seems out of his depth too, and some of his decisions are appalling. We can say beyond all doubt at the end of the season, but it''s looking like he''s not the answer either, more''s the pity.

Of course we have a club. What a stupid comment.

It''s a club in a right old state, but it still exists, so i won''t be giving up on it.

its roeders fault we are in this mess .

if you bring in unproven , injury prone players it spells out  nighmare.

loads of loan players thrown together to make a team .

the last few years it has been a list of fatal errors .

im not surprised its come to this , its a real shame .