Sign in to follow this  
i need to be entertained

take over ????????

I hear and read alot of people saying this board should stand down (maybe this would be a good idear, i dont know) but can someone please tell me who would take over in the current economic situation.  Please dont come up with Peter Cullum he has done nothing to prove to me he either has the money or wants to invest  in a football club. Delia and her board have invested their own money and the will want some of it back ( I would ).  Please give reasonable suggestions I dont think Bernie Mattews would be interested so who else is their 

"he has done nothing"

Not quite true is it. One day, maybe when we are in the Conference, even the idiots in our support will realise that Delia DID NOT WANT to sell up.

Maybe she does now, but the damage has been done.

We may never come back from it though.

I''m sorry Lol. But I''m getting tired of this.

Please quote me chapter and verse that PROVES that Cullum has ever said he is interested in taking over,or has ever met with MWJ/DS?

Why do the doubters always want ''Proof'' there was an offer?

As has already been mentioned elsewhere..an offer is the very last thing that is made after all the discussions and they have agreed on a deal! Once an offer is made it''s put to all shareholders and so becomes public knowledge. No offer was ever made because probably they could not agree on a deal.

Would some supporters still be havppy if Delia owned the club and we were in the Blue Square Premier? Cos that''s where her strategy is taking us!

[quote user="whoareyou"]

As has already been mentioned elsewhere..an offer is the very last thing that is made after all the discussions and they have agreed on a deal! Once an offer is made it''s put to all shareholders and so becomes public knowledge. No offer was ever made because probably they could not agree on a deal.

Would some supporters still be happy if Delia owned the club and we were in the Blue Square Premier? Cos that''s where her strategy is taking us![/quote]

Oh FFS… she owns the club… she doesn''t have to sell. Am I correct? Yes?Good… Right, you want her out? Am I correct with this summation as well? Yes?OK… Do you have the money to buy the majority of the shares? No… thought not? Correct again? Please stop me at any point you fail to understand.Still want rid? Yes? No?If yes, your only other choice is to take your protest to the street and drive her out through continual, loud and possibly malevolant gatherings outside the main entrance of Carrow Road (whilst making sure that you have scouts placed at every other available exit, just in case she tries a sneaky diversion on you!)You would be wise to pay attention to which end the police horses are gathering as this is the direction that they will be charging at you from… and those buggers don''t take prisoners!Keep it up for long enough and even the toughest of ''so and sos'' will crack… job done… jobs a good ''un etc etc… and then you can get your new man in place.You do have someone don''t you? Hello… I said "YOU DO HAVE SOMEONE DON''T YOU?Cos surely that is the point isn''t it? She may have facked Gollum/Callum/Killen over… she may have turned down the Murderous Thai (although I''m sure some of you would happily settle for Arkan the Warlord if it meant ''gittun to tha Premyearship dittat?'') and many others besides, but unless you buy her out you will have to force her out… and who exactly fills the void when you''ve succeeded in that?You can argue til we are all blue in the face over this… but please, just for once, instead of banging on and on about what a ''whoo-ar'' she''s been and how positively evil she is to spunk away her millions so that she can have a new cooker and a posh dinner table to show her friends… please… tell me what YOUR solution is and how you intend to actively go about it!If you are cogent and persuasive we might all jump in line behind you…

How can anybody on this messageboard possibly have a solution as to ''who would take over''? I doubt many of us mix in the circles of people with enough money to buy our club, or are party to the wishes ot consortiums looking to buy out clubs. So the question is a no-brainer before we even start.However, on the flip side, the BBC reported in 2004 that there were 425,000 millionaires in the UK - a figure that is said to continue to rise. So, there you go, you want an answer - plenty to chose from.

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="whoareyou"]

Would some supporters still be happy if Delia owned the club and we were in the Blue Square Premier? Cos that''s where her strategy is taking us![/quote]

Oh FFS… she owns the club… she doesn''t have to sell. Am I correct? Yes?

Good…

Right, you want her out? Am I correct with this summation as well? Yes?

OK…

Do you have the money to buy the majority of the shares? No… thought not? Correct again? Please stop me at any point you fail to understand.

Still want rid? Yes? No?

If yes, your only other choice is to take your protest to the street and drive her out through continual, loud and possibly malevolant gatherings outside the main entrance of Carrow Road (whilst making sure that you have scouts placed at every other available exit, just in case she tries a sneaky diversion on you!)

You would be wise to pay attention to which end the police horses are gathering as this is the direction that they will be charging at you from… and those buggers don''t take prisoners!

Keep it up for long enough and even the toughest of ''so and sos'' will crack… job done… jobs a good ''un etc etc… and then you can get your new man in place.

You do have someone don''t you?

Hello… I said "YOU DO HAVE SOMEONE DON''T YOU?

Cos surely that is the point isn''t it?

She may have facked Gollum/Callum/Killen over… she may have turned down the Murderous Thai (although I''m sure some of you would happily settle for Arkan the Warlord if it meant ''gittun to tha Premyearship dittat?'') and many others besides, but unless you buy her out you will have to force her out… and who exactly fills the void when you''ve succeeded in that?

You can argue til we are all blue in the face over this… but please, just for once, instead of banging on and on about what a ''whoo-ar'' she''s been and how positively evil she is to spunk away her millions so that she can have a new cooker and a posh dinner table to show her friends… please… tell me what YOUR solution is and how you intend to actively go about it!

If you are cogent and persuasive we might all jump in line behind you…

[/quote]

I wish I''d said that. (Oscar Wilde)

Post of the decade - respect

[quote user="canari francais"]

I''m sorry Lol. But I''m getting tired of this.

Please quote me chapter and verse that PROVES that Cullum has ever said he is interested in taking over,or has ever met with MWJ/DS?

[/quote]

Well we all no he had some interest, its how far he would of ended up going is the question, her''s one of the storiese we all have heard months ago!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/championship/norwich/2304471/Peter-Cullum-reveals-Norwich-City-plans.html

[quote user="astrodyne"]How can anybody on this messageboard possibly have a solution as to ''who would take over''? I doubt many of us mix in the circles of people with enough money to buy our club, or are party to the wishes ot consortiums looking to buy out clubs. So the question is a no-brainer before we even start.However, on the flip side, the BBC reported in 2004 that there were 425,000 millionaires in the UK - a figure that is said to continue to rise. So, there you go, you want an answer - plenty to chose from.[/quote]You didn''t really bother reading it did you?… lets be honest!

When protests started to remove Chase, the doubters complained we had no-one left to take over then as well.It''s amazing what can happen, who can appear, but no-one will bother while Delia remains unchallenged.Force her to re-evaluate her position, and someone will save us.

There probably is no solution now as that ship has sailed. Thats why its so unforgivable that it appears that Cullum (and others before him) were not given the time of day.

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="astrodyne"]How can anybody on this messageboard possibly have a solution as to ''who would take over''? I doubt many of us mix in the circles of people with enough money to buy our club, or are party to the wishes ot consortiums looking to buy out clubs. So the question is a no-brainer before we even start.However, on the flip side, the BBC reported in 2004 that there were 425,000 millionaires in the UK - a figure that is said to continue to rise. So, there you go, you want an answer - plenty to chose from.[/quote]You didn''t really bother reading it did you?… lets be honest![/quote]I thought your point was that there was nobody ready to take over the club - so I pointed out that people may not have a name, but there are lots of people who could take over the club. Did I misunderstand you?

[quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="astrodyne"]How can anybody on this messageboard possibly have a solution as to ''who would take over''? I doubt many of us mix in the circles of people with enough money to buy our club, or are party to the wishes ot consortiums looking to buy out clubs. So the question is a no-brainer before we even start.
However, on the flip side, the BBC reported in 2004 that there were 425,000 millionaires in the UK - a figure that is said to continue to rise. So, there you go, you want an answer - plenty to chose from.
[/quote]

You didn''t really bother reading it did you?… lets be honest!
[/quote]

I thought your point was that there was nobody ready to take over the club - so I pointed out that people may not have a name, but there are lots of people who could take over the club. Did I misunderstand you?
[/quote]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]When protests started to remove Chase, the doubters complained we had no-one left to take over then as well.It''s amazing what can happen, who can appear, but no-one will bother while Delia remains unchallenged.Force her to re-evaluate her position, and someone will save us.[/quote]I was right there at the front young Wundaboy me lad (please excuse me if you''re older than 42 but your nom de plume would suggest otherwise), spewing vitriol and fighting the good fight. I even managed to be last man standing when the Met did their impersonation of The Light Brigade, dragging a wheelchair bound fan to safety before he was trampled to death (this was rumoured to be Dave Wizard the First but only he can substantiate that). I got nicked and a criminal record but I was sure that once we got rid of that twunt, someone would come to our rescue… and look what we ended up with.So you can blame me and the likes of me for getting our Deals involved… cos we thought that anybody was better than Fat Bob. Damn, you have to be really careful what you wish for you know!Please don''t get me wrong, I want the lady gone, but not at the expense of administration or some sod with blood on his hands.

[quote user="astrodyne"]I

thought your point was that there was nobody ready to take over the

club - so I pointed out that people may not have a name, but there are

lots of people who could take over the club. Did I misunderstand you?[/quote]

Somewhat… I asked you what your solution was(well not you technically, but the greater you,

if you follow me)? Saying there are 425,000

millionaires in the UK doesn''t mean any of them are up for buying us…

besides, they need a damned site more than a mill don''t they? So, "what is your solution?" And, if it is cogent, then we might all join

in a line behind you as we invade the reception area of Carrow Road?

Andy, you persist with your line of questioning to all or most who want this awful board out on it''s ear, but most of us know it can''t be as simple as finding a new potential owner THEN kicking her out.

Surely the prime idea of this message board and others is to vent ones spleen which i thoroughly enjoy.... of course!

As an example of how i feel right here... right now... I am disappointed that Gunn didn''t resign today. I honestly thought he would hold his hands up and say ''I''ve had a go. I can''t do it'' or the board would do it for him. Get an Ince or similar for the final games. Simply anything to arrest the downfall of this once proud club.

It isn''t going to happen but what can I do it about it?

Delia doesn''t want to sell unless she gets all her money that she has loaned the club returned to her at the time of the sale. So no chance there then.

You pushed her for an answer at the agm. She came up with a nonsensical reply which you had to, and gracefully did, accept.

I will be with you when the horses once again appear in Carrow Road

Andy,Do you honestly think that if I was capable of answering your question I would be sitting here typing on this message board?No, if I was capable of piecing together a plan that would involve replacing a board of a football club with another board who were capable of doing a better job - capable of working out how to cross all of the t''s and dot the i''s of the refinancing deals and share manipulations needed - I would be swanning it around Monte Carlo driving hideously expensive sports cars and trying to die of sexual exhaustion.However there are people out there capable of doing this - and should their ears get attuned to unrest at City (remember, our dissatisfaction has not yet reached national coverage) then I am sure something would get sorted out quick sharp.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Andy, you persist with your line of questioning to all or most who want this awful board out on it''s ear, but most of us know it can''t be as simple as finding a new potential owner THEN kicking her out.

Surely the prime idea of this message board and others is to vent ones spleen which i thoroughly enjoy.... of course!

As an example of how i feel right here... right now... I am disappointed that Gunn didn''t resign today. I honestly thought he would hold his hands up and say ''I''ve had a go. I can''t do it'' or the board would do it for him. Get an Ince or similar for the final games. Simply anything to arrest the downfall of this once proud club.

It isn''t going to happen but what can I do it about it?

Delia doesn''t want to sell unless she gets all her money that she has loaned the club returned to her at the time of the sale. So no chance there then.

You pushed her for an answer at the agm. She came up with a nonsensical reply which you had to, and gracefully did, accept.

I will be with you when the horses once again appear in Carrow Road[/quote]The reason I persist Bob, is because I get sick to the back teeth of hearing people moan like f**k about it and do… and do… zip!Venting your spleen is one thing! Continually citing Peter Cullum as the saviour is another… In my opinion, that is just as much burying your head in the sand as those that think Delia has done alright and should simply wave away any advances until she has got every last bean back that she has put into this club! Waiting for him to turn up will be too bloody late!There must be SOMEBODY on here that has access to some wealthy people, there are still some about… I''m sure you have come across them in your job. There are many people on here that like to name drop that they know a few people that have got a bit of coin… but you know what Bob, none ever suggest getting these people together and trying a third way… a Barcelona or Real Madrid way, a collective, a Co-op or whatever you may want to call it.I''m working for a bloke at the minute who is well minted… you''re talking upwards of £200 mill I think… and no, I''m not going to name him because my livelihood depends on it. Whilst he was picking holes in my layouts the other day, I thought I would run an idea past him, as he seems a very philanthropic sort… he listened politely and then gave me the many reasons as to why it was a no-brainer… the major one being the shite he would receive from the Y''Army when his £200 mill was gone and we hadn''t won anything. So, I tried Bob, to at least sew a germ of a seed in his head, but it was a non-runner. But why can''t other people try the same thing? Starting small, with share acquisitions etc etc and going on from there?Why? Cos its too much like hard work mate… its far bloody easier to come on here and spout endless shite, whipping up the troops… and to do what exactly? F**k all but turn on each other! There was very narly a scrap on the row in front of me after the Cov game and it just about summed it up… especially as the eye in this particular warrior''s storm was a kid who was quite obvioiusly a ticket short of a ride… big man, big bloody hero!There are plenty that know what they want, but offer not even the slightest inclanation to do something about it!If you read my posts, I think you will find that there are quite a few that encourage a manning of the barricades… but I always temper it with a suggestion that they have a plan for when they''ve got their way. We didn''t have a plan when we went after Chase and look where the f**k that got us…

[quote user="astrodyne"]Andy,Do you honestly think that if I was capable of answering your question I would be sitting here typing on this message board?[/quote]See above Astrodyne

Andy, there was a poster on here suggesting a Barcalona type fans collective. However, for something like that to work, I think we need a figurehead who can lead, but then only take the same role as everybody else in the newly formed club. Perhaps a good idea would be to think of somebody who could do this?

[quote user="astrodyne"]Andy, there was a poster on here suggesting a Barcalona type fans collective. However, for something like that to work, I think we need a figurehead who can lead, but then only take the same role as everybody else in the newly formed club. Perhaps a good idea would be to think of somebody who could do this? [/quote]Simple… and no, I''m  not joking… Mr Huckerby!As for me, I can do all the marketing bollox, the photography, the design and artwork for all the necessary spiel, Bury Yellow can print it. We need a solicitor, an accountant… etc etc. Come on, the rest of you can fill the gaps in.You see how things can snowball when you start thinking of a different approach… this is the point I have been trying to make!

Interesting posts Andy (and your other long essay about responses to decent arguments).

I like the idea of a Niall Quinn style figure to lead a consortium of business people. Perhaps if it were someone of that ''folk hero'' ilk then potential investors (like your client) may not be so scared of the flak since the figurehead could deflect it.

Not sure Hucks is the right person. Lovely bloke and all that but I don''t think it would be his thing.

Trouble is, someone has to find the figurehead, convince him/her that it could work and also find 3 or 4 millionaires willing to participate by investing £2-3m of their money next year, and every year after that.

Now, I haven''t checked my numbers from Saturday...where''s my lottery ticket again?

(p.s. this week''s Euromillions has an estimated £85m jackpot in case any of you fancy a go)

The posters user name is ''empty mirror''. He posted on the ''board out petition'' thread:http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1/1598099/ShowPost.aspx#1598099Maybe he has some ideas about this?

[quote user="jetstream"]Interesting posts Andy (and your other long essay about responses to decent arguments).

I like the idea of a Niall Quinn style figure to lead a consortium of business people. Perhaps if it were someone of that ''folk hero'' ilk then potential investors (like your client) may not be so scared of the flak since the figurehead could deflect it.

Not sure Hucks is the right person. Lovely bloke and all that but I don''t think it would be his thing.

Trouble is, someone has to find the figurehead, convince him/her that it could work and also find 3 or 4 millionaires willing to participate by investing £2-3m of their money next year, and every year after that.

Now, I haven''t checked my numbers from Saturday...where''s my lottery ticket again?

(p.s. this week''s Euromillions has an estimated £85m jackpot in case any of you fancy a go)[/quote]Stephen Fry?

Andy - some great points well made on this thread.  I was having a very similer agument with most of the users of the other message board yesterday, you know the one that is yellow (yes I am one of the few who uses both, under diff names mind). 

There was life before Delia and there will be life after Delia (a club that can keep getting 24,000 per week dispite the rubbish served up must be worth a punt to someone!). 

Anyway I dont subscribe to sitting on my hands while we fall further and further from grace - I was brought up on top flight football at Carrow Road from 1985-1995 so I know it can be acheived.  I will protest and I will make my voice heard in as many ways as possible as I think with the right leaders we can get it back!

IMO Chase went for less than what Delia has done and as the song goes for anyone who was at Palace the day after Chase went "we got fat bas***d out", so it can be done with a bit of pressure.  It just seems to take a lot to get our lot going at the moment.  The signs where there at Charlton away, but at the moment people are to scared to speak out, but I sense an uprising from the masses, another home defeat in the forthcoming game against Plymouth and the minority could just become the majority.

To Andy, Tilly, Kathy, Ben at Wrath, NCISA and the many others that love this club and are trying to force change - good luck, I am with you all the way!!! We will not let NCFC die whilst sitting on our hands and moaning at our computer screens!  OTBC!

We are already in part a collective though, two of the posters above were at the AGM as was I, we did in however small a way put our money where our mouth is. 

Now clearly times are hard for many of us but if we did manage to oust the current incumbents (please dear lord let this happen) then I would, I am sure, find a few quid to back the new regime if there was another share issue. 

Like Andy Larkin and indeed my fellow Bury Yellow above we were there the last time the police rocked up in force at Carrow Road to usher Honest Bob out of the way and will I guarantee do the same again but here has to be a catalyst for all this, so where the f-----g hell are the Supporters Club with all this?   

Earlier in the season I attended a meeting in the Jarrold as I am a NCISA member and whilst it was interesting there just doesn’t seem to be the conviction to mount a sustained campaign to oust Smith & Jones.  They were too instrumental in her taking over in the first place I suspect but the duty does I feel lie with NCISA to lead from the front and reflect the views of its members. Of course if people like me are indeed in the minority then so be it but I suspect nothing could be further from the truth. 

Previously I have seen mentioned that we can embark on a campaign to oust Smith & Jones unless there is a ready replacement waiting in the wings, not so I am afraid.  The precipice we stand on the edge of is so deep that quite frankly we have got nothing to loose, if they leave, there will I guarantee be somebody else to step in to take their place but we have to get off our backsides and force the change and it needs to come from NCISA. 

Smith & Jones regime is no less devious than the last one their greatest success has been the ‘down management’ of the majorities expectations for nearly fifteen years but their time is up, let’s get on with it. 

By ‘it’ I mean a sustained campaign of demonstrations in and around the ground to force their hand, yes the police will get involved, yes it will be ugly, yes fan will fight with fellow fan but in the end we might just stand a chance of getting our club back from these wretched people.

[quote user="jetstream"]Interesting posts Andy (and your other long essay about responses to decent arguments).

(p.s. this week''s Euromillions has an estimated £85m jackpot in case any of you fancy a go)[/quote]Well you would certainly need someone of his standing to make it even partially sellable to the fans… cos you would need to pretty much rip up the accepted normal way of doing it and start all over again… and you could only do that with someone who would garner the attention of all.It would be pretty radical, but lets face it, these are radical times we are in at the moment, and I simply cannot see football carrying on like it is for many years to come.Ok, who knows the man who loaned the club the money for Huckerby and Lita?

The frustrating thing is Andy, I''m sure that with some tenacity we could get someone with a bit of clout interested. They wouldn''t have to invest millions. Organisation and vision are of equal importance. I appreciate this isn''t exactly what you and astrodyne are suggesting but could just be another string to our bow.

The club has great marketing potential, both in image and eventual property advantages and you could most certainly present this in an attractive presentation.

I did contact a certain Virgin a few years ago based on the above. It was only a letter but he gave me the courtesy of a reply even though he was flinging himself around the sea and air at the time. i would not hesitate in contacting him again as part of this search.

As you indicate, if you don''t try, you will never know, or as a certain manager said to Croft ''If you don''t buy a lottery ticket........'' Actually come to think of it, Crofty hasn''t bought one since has he?!

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="whoareyou"]

Oh FFS… she owns the club… she doesn''t have to sell. Am I correct? Yes?

Good…

Right, you want her out? Am I correct with this summation as well? Yes?

OK…

Do you have the money to buy the majority of the shares? No… thought not? Correct again? Please stop me at any point you fail to understand.

Still want rid? Yes? No?

If yes, your only other choice is to take your protest to the street and drive her out through continual, loud and possibly malevolant gatherings outside the main entrance of Carrow Road (whilst making sure that you have scouts placed at every other available exit, just in case she tries a sneaky diversion on you!)

You would be wise to pay attention to which end the police horses are gathering as this is the direction that they will be charging at you from… and those buggers don''t take prisoners!

Keep it up for long enough and even the toughest of ''so and sos'' will crack… job done… jobs a good ''un etc etc… and then you can get your new man in place.

You do have someone don''t you?

Hello… I said "YOU DO HAVE SOMEONE DON''T YOU?

Cos surely that is the point isn''t it?

She may have facked Gollum/Callum/Killen over… she may have turned down the Murderous Thai (although I''m sure some of you would happily settle for Arkan the Warlord if it meant ''gittun to tha Premyearship dittat?'') and many others besides, but unless you buy her out you will have to force her out… and who exactly fills the void when you''ve succeeded in that?

You can argue til we are all blue in the face over this… but please, just for once, instead of banging on and on about what a ''whoo-ar'' she''s been and how positively evil she is to spunk away her millions so that she can have a new cooker and a posh dinner table to show her friends… please… tell me what YOUR solution is and how you intend to actively go about it!

If you are cogent and persuasive we might all jump in line behind you…

[/quote]

I wish I''d said that. (Oscar Wilde)

Post of the decade - respect

[/quote]

yeah, the worst post of the decade, got it in one, let''s just follow Andy and Delia, all the way to oblivion. You really don''t get it, do you? She doesn''t want to sell. We will have to force the issue. By forcing the issue we will "encourage" her to take a more realistic figure for ownership of the club. Once that more realistic figure is known, there will be investors, because in the right hands this can be a succesfull club. We''ve got 25000 punters prepared to pay to watch NCFC, not a lot of clubs outside the Prem can match that, and there is no competition for miles around.

"How can you be so obtuse?" (circa Shawshank Redemption)