Sign in to follow this  
TwoSheds

Final nail in the coffin tonight?

more like stake in the heart!!![U]at this stage of the season - some clubs at the top falter cos of nerves,,,while others have nothing to play for - so you can get upsets...its a question of who wants it more - it was said we played with fear under roedy...but little had chanced - we still seem to be playing with fear - not of the managaer - but the dreaded drop...we have a relegation haunted look about us - forget the pre-match huddle BS -  the players look like they don''t beleiev anymore - which given their league posi - and recent form is hardly surprising...when players lose confidence - even the decent ones can look like cr@p - and regretfully - it looks like the players at NCFC have lost confidence...its the sides at the bottom - with the will to win,,,who play harder and want it more - who can turn over the worried promotion hopefuls or teams whose players have one eye on their summer holidays...the players at NCFC have to transform their fear into determination...to have any chance - - - and of course the manager should be leading from their front here - having the courage to make the tough choices he needs to win games - and making subs at the right time...he seems to be keeping faith with failing players - maybe to show he believes in them - but its not happening where it matters on the pitch...i can''t see how corty can play 5 games in 2 weeks - so i will imagine we shall see changes...who knows - maybe the lads coming in will do the trick???lol...

If we enter this run of 4 games in 12 days with no points from tonights game - I think it''s going to severely rob us of any chance of picking up form.We need to go on a streak of grabbing whatever points we can, I don''t care if we draw tonight, as long as we get some kind of points from the game;sadly though, I just can''t see it.

I think draws are no longer enough.  We need to win as the whole club has forgotten what that feels like.

Realise it is a big ask against QPR tonight but I think the only hope we have now is to go on an unlikely 6 or 8 match unbeaten run.

Not true - in many relegation battles you can clearly see the last nail hammered home well before it becomes mathematically impossible.  Saturday was a disaster.  If we lose toniht and other results o against us we are dead, and no amount of blind faith will make a difference.[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]The final nail will be the result which makes relegation a mathematical certainty. [Y][/quote]