Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Clubs downfall was inevitable

When Roeder took over, he was fighting a losing battle. That is fact. He managed to come in and keep us up last season by mighty fortunes of luck of results rather than masterful tactician. He found some decent players to bring in, especially Ched Evans. But fact is, last season, Huckerby and Dublin kept us up. Without these players, chances would not have been created, goals would not have been scored, attacking momentum would have been lost. Whether we should have kept Huckerby or not is a different matter, but we NEEDED to replace Dublin; for both his influence and presence both on and off the pitch. We didn''t.I think Roeder made a lot of mistakes in his time here, but he also did quite a lot of good. Unfortunately, without money it''s hard to rebuild a squad, and having to cut down the loan bill meant off-loading a lot of players - inevitably including Huckerby. - I know he said he''d take a wage drop, but this would have been halfing his wages. I''m guessing there was several reasons for his departure, but point is, we''ve moved on, and so has he to carry out one of his dreams to play in MLS.Our club downfall was aided by Roeder, and his attitude towards the end was shocking, but most of it was out of his hands, he was already fighting a battle we had already lost in reality. His clear-out in the summer was clear signs of desperation, and depending on the loan market is another. Financially we must really in the poop, especially now facing the drop.I guess the huge question is, do we go into administration now, wipe the slate of debts clean and face a proud relegation and build back Norwich City in league one?- The answer, of course not. Delia wouldn''t want to lost her precious money, would she?

[quote user="AJ"]............  - The answer, of course not. Delia wouldn''t want to lost her precious money, would she?[/quote]Would you?

No, I wouldn''t. Although putting your money into a football club is essentially a losing business anyway, surely?Either way, there''s a million things the board COULD have done differently to avoid this situation.

and you were doing so well as well...

admiistration would be the ultimate last resort.  if only for the 10 point deduction it would land the club NEXT season.  the fact is no matter what you may think of her delia always has had the best interests of the club at heart.  she would sell for a considerable loss (IMO) if it meant preventing administration (long term).

You can''t just decide to go into administration. There are stricy guidelines you need to meet to take this way out and we are a long way away from even getting close to these. And as pointed out going into administration now would most likely get us a minus 10 points start for next season.