Sign in to follow this  
canarychris

The Wage Bill

Hi Guy,

Can anyone help? I would like to know if the last set on NCFC accounts broke salaries down between playing / coaching staff and Admin staff. Also do the accounts tell us how many people are employed in each area of the club?

I am trying to do some analysis of the effects of relegation (it is for a project i am working on).

Cheers

Cant help you there mate but youve just highlighted something in my mind......Isnt Fotheringham one of our top earners? If Preston are to pay his wages till the end of the season, that will free up the wage bill for a quality loanee! [:S]

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

Cant help you there mate but youve just highlighted something in my mind......Isnt Fotheringham one of our top earners? If Preston are to pay his wages till the end of the season, that will free up the wage bill for a quality loanee! [:S]

[/quote]

I mentioned this in another thread.

One word for me.........LEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYY!

[quote user="canarychris"]

Hi Guy,

Can anyone help? I would like to know if the last set on NCFC accounts broke salaries down between playing / coaching staff and Admin staff. Also do the accounts tell us how many people are employed in each area of the club?

I am trying to do some analysis of the effects of relegation (it is for a project i am working on).

Cheers

[/quote]

From 2008 accounts p.19:

No breakdown of salaries, just a total for all staff: 

2008      Â£11,586,000

2007      Â£12,675,000

Number of staff:  the average number of regular employees (ie. not casual staff) was as follows:

2008      Total:  204 - football (including academy and football support staff) 70, other staff 134

2007      Total:  202 - football 74, other staff 128   

In summary: 

Salaries -8.6% between 2007 and 2008

Total football staff  reduced by 4 (-5.4%)

Total other staff increased by 6 (+4.5%)

Number of casual staff not included, not clear whether or not total salaries includes casual staff

Hope this helps [8-|]

[quote user="eagle"]

[/quote]Four other words for you.....FOOTBALL LEAGUE LOAN RULESSSSSSSSSS....These are the rules that state Lita cannot return to us, as you are only allowed to spend 90 days on emergency loan at any one club, in any given season. he has used all his time allocated to us, so unless you have a way to turn time back to January and sign Lita on a half season loan, which is different to an emergency loan, and cannot be done outside of transfer window, we will DEFINITELY NOT be seeing Lita in a Norwich shirt this season, and id imagine ever.

Sorry I didnt realise that. Every day is a school day on here eh! Thanks for educating me.

In the words of the price is right............CHEDWYN MICHAEL EVANS COME ON DOWN!

It''s not often I''m on here defending the club, but overall Norwich will always be paying players over the odds than say a Crystal Palace or a Watford because often players just do not want to come here. We have to offer the extra financial incentive.

If we were closer to London, it wouldn''t be such a problem, but our location will always hinder us to a degree when attracting players. When they do get here, they really seem to like the place, but on a map we a just out on a limb.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="eagle"]

[/quote]

Four other words for you.....FOOTBALL LEAGUE LOAN RULESSSSSSSSSS....

These are the rules that state Lita cannot return to us, as you are only allowed to spend 90 days on emergency loan at any one club, in any given season. he has used all his time allocated to us, so unless you have a way to turn time back to January and sign Lita on a half season loan, which is different to an emergency loan, and cannot be done outside of transfer window, we will DEFINITELY NOT be seeing Lita in a Norwich shirt this season, and id imagine ever.
[/quote]

And just to be picky and annoying, its 93 days not 90.

[quote user="komakino"]It''s not often I''m on here defending the club, but overall Norwich will always be paying players over the odds than say a Crystal Palace or a Watford because often players just do not want to come here. We have to offer the extra financial incentive. If we were closer to London, it wouldn''t be such a problem, but our location will always hinder us to a degree when attracting players. When they do get here, they really seem to like the place, but on a map we a just out on a limb.[/quote]

If Norwich were in or around the top six as they should be, it wouldn''t be a problem.  Geography only comes into the equation if the footballing opportunity isn''t very tempting.