Sign in to follow this  
combinecanary

players who have had the biggest influence on our league position?

I''d disagree with Russell. He''s often been played out of position this season and I don''t think he''s been nearly as bad as Fotheringham or Doherty. In Marshall''s case, he''s often been guilty of errors this season but in terms of having an influence on our position the defenders in front of him are surely more accountable. He''s actually made some terrific stops keeping us from falling even further adrift of the rest of the pack.Cureton, as much as I like him, has missed some good chances in recent games and thus this may have affected our position. But as pointed out in one the recent threads about him, even had he scored the opposing team could''ve galvanised themselves and still run rings around our joke of a back line leading to further goals conceded.For me Fotheringham just hasn''t done the business. Too often have I seen him lose the ball in midfield with such ease. As club captain I also found his actions against Conventry to be incredibly childish.

Well we''ve been weak in both fullback areas and we''ve never had a settled defence all season. The only defender to have defended consistently well is Doherty

The midfield has lacked balance at times and of course far too often we''ve been very blunt upfront.

There''s more to it than picking out players specific players, that said there have obviously been 2 or 3 or 4 who we''ve been carrying when they haven''t produced.